"Never, in the field of human conflict, was so much owed, by so many, to so few."

These words were written and spoken by the immortal Winston Churchill, in response to the victory, (Tempoaray that it was,) at the "Battle of Britain".

Today, is the anniversary of the Normandy landings. Those words stand as true today, as they did at the time they were written.

They were not "So Few".

The troops, supplies and equipment that launched from the southern coast of England, were nothing, if not enormous. Yet against the world population that they saved, from what seems, at this remove, certain slavery, they remain in comparison, trivial.

I was a child at the time, my memory allows only the association between the wailing of the air-raid siren and the racket that surely followed.

Today, I thank all who took part, in whatever capacity, for securing my free life. Here's hoping that I did something worthwhile while living it.
I fully honor all those that brought the world back from the brink of madness. I fear history is repeating itself, and we have become commonplace. I do hope I have lived, and am living my life in a way that will continue what they have wrought.
Laurie