Once upon a time there was a very "high-class" pot...not just any ordinary pot, mind you...but this particular pot absolutely glistened in the sunlight...almost as though it was endowed with a halo! This very special pot was, of course, completely above reproach...and had absolutely no flaws whatsoever...at least, not to the untrained eye! Every day, the bright, shiny pot would venture out amongst the more common of the vessels...imparting words of wisdom, offering sage advice, and just generally reminding the more common vessels of all it's superior workmanship... presumably, with the intention of helping the lesser vessels to someday also achieve a higher quality.

Well, as fate would have it...one day, a very "low-class" old kettle came to be placed amongst the other more common vessels...and this kettle was just awful...full of scratches, dents...and just as black & unrefined as it could be! Fortunately, however, for this dreadful old kettle...the perfect, shimmering pot decided to befriend it...in hope that, with a little guidance and polishing...the nasty old kettle might one day become more like itself...and although the kettle was already old, and worn...and knew it could never be elevated to the high caliber of the flawless pot...the kettle happily accepted the friendship of the seemingly benevolent pot...and tried to keep an open lid, regarding the possible outcome of this association.

Sadly, as the weeks passed...despite every effort by the superior quality pot to improve the worn out old kettle...it was all to no avail. The dilapidated old kettle just would not become any brighter or shinier...but did seem to be a happy, giggling kettle...in spite of it's horrid, low quality & blackened condition. Oddly, however...it seemed to the very inferior kettle...that the glimmering, perfect pot did not appear to be very happy...so the funky, tarnished, mess of an old kettle made what would later prove to be a very unwise decision...and actually had the audacity to try to convince the totally perfect pot...that by becoming just a bit more flawed & common...and by being stirred a little less often...it might just find that it felt less agitated & more joyful!  

Naturally, the sparkling, "high class" pot insisted that it knew best...and certainly needed no assistance whatsoever from the likes of such a meddling, low-quality kettle...so the nasty old kettle agreed that it had no right to interfere with such a fine quality pot's business...and promised to simply keep it's lid shut about such matters in the future. The kettle also conceded that the flawless pot had every right to continue to operate in the same manner, while hoping to obtain a different result!

Unfortunately, the dirty old kettle was already quite weary & worn when this whole relationship had begun...so it's ability to keep things contained inside it had already been somewhat compromised...and soon it actually began to blow off small amounts of steam in the perfect pot's direction... mostly as a signal of it's frustration with the situation...and also in an effort to keep the irreproachable pot & it's business from getting any closer...so that the common, "low-class" kettle could simply return to being the goofy, useless, but entertaining old vessel it was before it became involved with the wondrous...indeed, even saintly, pot.

Finally, the exhausted old kettle decided to ask the very superior pot, politely, to be excluded from any future involvement in the pot's very important missions...at which point, the completely impeccable pot...suddenly & quite unexpectedly...boiled over with an eruption of tyrannical reprimands, venomous (though totally unfounded) accusations...and hurtful insults, aimed toward the grungy, low-quality old kettle! It then ended with one final spewing demand that any further relationship between them be severed immediately & completely! In response to this, the somewhat confused...but by now, fully steaming old kettle...finally "puffed out it's chest" & completely blew it's lid off, with a heated eruption of it's own...but ended by happily fulfilling the pontificating pot's demands to end their association!

Of course, since the old kettle was already quite flawed & blackened, because it was of such poor quality...the steaming eruption barely made any difference in it's already dull & blemished, "low-class" appearance. For the bright, shiny, immaculate pot, however...it was a completely different story. Lo & behold...beneath that glittery, shimmering, spotless finish...the pot's boiling spew had revealed a dark & quite ordinary base...just as black, in fact, as that of the inferior, low-quality old kettle!

The moral of this story? I assume it needs no explanation...and besides...I don't really have time right now...I need to go get fitted with a sturdy pair of ankle protectors!
  :lol:

Thanks for my belly laugh today.  I guess the shoe fit. 
Yep! I reckon it certainly WOULD HAVE...except for one tiny detail you overlooked, Jessy...a "low-class", gossipy, old kettle, like me...probably wouldn't even WEAR shoes...even if I weren't too "low-class" to afford 'em! No...I'll let you wear the shoes, Ms. Perfect...they'll go so much better with your stunning, designer "robe of Christianity"! :wink:
I enjoyed your post ChuckleMonkey. It was clever and very very well written. It indeed made me smile, since I too have had a similar encounter with the "pots and pans". I am now even afraid to open the silverware drawer due to unfriendly forks and spoons. :) But I have noticed the plates got together with the glasses and brokered a peace. The UAS(Un attached Stemware) voted present, but failed to cast a vote. So as of now, a very tentative peace exist. But just in case, I have in the closest unknown to all the other parties involved .........paper plates and forks, and throwaway pans. LOL
Couldn't resist, you made my day.
Laurie
smiling
Well, Laurie...

before you decide that you enjoy my story too much...perhaps you should know that when your own "pot encounters of the worst kind" were brought to my attention...I actually said some rather unkind things about you...simply because we happen to be pretty much political "polar opposites" & I didn't know you well enough yet to separate your political views from the PERSON that you are inside. It was unfair, to be sure...and I'm ashamed to admit it...but if I recall, I believe I actually called you an "extreme right wingnut"....and said that I wasn't very fond of you. In my somewhat hollow defense, I ask you to please keep in mind what a horrid "low class" gossip I am.

Obviously, I'm quite sorry now that I made such comments...and if it was within my power to retract the statements...I most assuredly WOULD...now knowing more about your personal integrity. However, I am powerless to do so...so instead, I'm hereby making a public confession of my crime...along with offering my sincere apology...and asking your forgiveness. I feel quite certain that a "record" of these comments would have soon been introduced by the "prosecutor" anyway...but I just prefer that you find out from me, personally. Regardless of your decision in the matter...I thank you for the "follow-up story" & the giggles! 

Please take care & God bless,
The gossipy, old, black kettle 
  :oops:
Dear ChuckleMonkey:
I am rarely at a loss for words. This time I was. It took me a few minutes to even know where to begin. I am humbled by your public statement. It took a great deal of courage and a sense of honor I seldom see today. I am honored to be able to stand by your side and hopefully call you friend. Remember things said in the heat of the moment, or taken out of context , are just that words. Its actions that give a window into the soul. And your actions are above reproach. Please do not concern yourself, I have been called many things in my life, but I would love you to call me friend.
Laurie
Well, one good thing came out of it Monkey, you became friends with the Lady.  There is always "good" that comes out of every "bad" situation. 

(and just so you can rest comfortably).  I am not the type to show PEOPLE all the things you said behind their backS).  That is my promise to you because I don't want to hurt anyone.  I am just keeping them to remind me, that if someone talks to me about so many people, they are probably going to do the same to me, now or someday.   So relax, your gossip is safe with me.
TheLadyL wrote: Dear ChuckleMonkey:
I am rarely at a loss for words. This time I was. It took me a few minutes to even know where to begin. I am humbled by your public statement. It took a great deal of courage and a sense of honor I seldom see today. I am honored to be able to stand by your side and hopefully call you friend. Remember things said in the heat of the moment, or taken out of context , are just that words. Its actions that give a window into the soul. And your actions are above reproach. Please do not concern yourself, I have been called many things in my life, but I would love you to call me friend.
Laurie

GUARANTEED, she had to do this because she was afraid I would tell you all the things she said, but that is ok, I am glad you are friends again.  That is the way, we should all be, forgive and forget.

Look at what DaddyFish and I have been through and now I think the world of him.  I don't hold grudges and hate because my "faith" won't let me.  The HS would convict me if I did that.
Believe me the words were not taken "out of context" and I could prove that, but I won't.  And believe me you are not the only one, so don't feel alone and if you choose to believe she did this public statment out of honour.....well, I have to say I know she wouldn't be making a public apology if her and I hadn't locked horns.   :lol:  .....but either way, no matter! 

And a PS to both of you and the rest of the "clique" that warned DaddyFish to stay away from me, perhaps you should all get your stories straight, and if you feel the need to pit people again me or others on this forum, you are "low-class".  I will pray for you in hopes that you will soon realize that "what goes around, comes around"

This is my last post on the subject.  So, both of you can speak your mind about this situation without any interference from me.  Ciao!
Dear Lord, grant me the patience, to do as I say, act as I am, and in doing so continue to smile though it all.
Laurie
I have one last thing to say about this whole ridiculous thing.  The BOTH of you have caused a riff with me in defense of Moondimple.  It is so stupid because I like Moondimple, I always have liked her, she is smart, fun, pretty, and I read everything she posts because I really admire her.

One day in Chat she asked me to do something as a favor to her.  It was against the rules of this thing, but I agreed that I would do it for her.  Then I saw something that made me change my mind and decided I wouldn't do it.  So, the next day, I sent her a message and told her I wouldn't do it and why.  

She has never spoken to me since............ 

So, you see ladies, you are protecting moondimple against me and I have NEVER told either one of you that I don't like her.  I DO like her.  I still like her even tho you have both worried yourselves sick over what I am going to do to Moondimple.  I will NEVER do anything to her.  She is a beautiiful, intelligent, member of this forum.  I have a lot of respect for her.  

She is mad at me.  I am not mad at her..........so grow up you two.  I know you both like to feel "big" and protect your friends, but there is nothing to protect them from.  I even apologized to her when I said something to her (that she understood quite well), because Lady was having a hissy fit over it. 

The Monkey has never said anything bad about Moondimple.   

Moondimple and one man on this forum can verify what I am saying here is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH, but it is up to them if they want to step forward or not.  I am not going to say the man's name.  
TheLadyL wrote: Dear ChuckleMonkey:
Laurie

Hi again, Laurie!

I assume you realize that I did not reply to this yesterday, because I had already invested my 5 free daily actions in this "foray into the ridiculous"...but today, after about 10 hours of sleep, I have returned with both my 5 free actions & my most of my sanity restored. 

I simply want to thank you for your understanding, your compassion & your forgiveness. If, however, after reading the "prosecutor's" closing remarks...you may be having second thoughts as to my sincerity...I enthusiastically invite you to request the records of any & all incriminating evidence against me, from the "prosecutor" herself...so that you can see every single word, within it's original context, and make your own judgement.

If, after reviewing all the evidence, you still have any interest in being my friend...it would be both a pleasure & an honor to call you such. Naturally, it may be a bit difficult for me to get used to the idea of being friends with an "extreme right wingnut"...but I'm certainly willing to TRY!  :wink: Regardless of your decision, I want you to know that your comment not only touched my heart...but it also spoke volumes to me about your integrity, your humanity, and your humility...and I truly admire you for all those qualities! I am a firm believer that "hands across the aisles" & "hearts across the miles", extended one at a time...are our only real hope of ever achieving world peace.

Again, please take care & God bless...always,
Da monkey 
This is a game for you.  Somewhat of a cartoon......... :lol:

The shiney pot and the old black dinted one

The Saints and the Sinners

Now we are in a count of law........

The prosecutor and the criminal

I think there is something wrong with you!  I said I am leaving this thread for you two and I wouldn't interrupt anymore.......I am not going to even read it anymore because you are trying to get me to expose your emails so I will get banned.  I won't take the bait.....do you see any green in my eyes!!

I have said my piece, I told you off because you "warned" me to stay away from someone or you would have to step in, etc. etc.  I don't take lightly to someone given me unwanted advice for a few weeks, followed by a warning.  Good-bye Monkey. 
Jessy,

I just want you to know that, for me, none of this has ever been about winning any "battles", or claiming the right to "puff out my chest" in pride for my "accomplishments", or feeling like I deserve to "gossip" about you behind your back. No, for me, this has ONLY been a matter of self-defense...and to make you aware that you are not the only one on this site who has feelings that can be hurt! 

I think I probably speak for many here, when I say that we are all quite relieved,...and indeed, deliriously happy...to know that you will never leave this site, nor cease to offer your expert guidance & "genuine Christian love" to all of us on the site. I shudder to think of the deplorable levels of back-stabbing, gossip, and general depravity that this site would sink to...if we didn't have you here to police us & keep us all in line! 

The honorable way that you never cast the first stone, never throw the first punch, or never write the first word of gossip ...is truly admirable, beyond description...and the fact that you never do any of these things, because you don't want to hurt anyone...well, I'm sure your "BFF", Jesus, must be very proud of you, indeed!

As far as I'm concerned, this whole thing between us is over right now. I only have a few more parting words...after which, I will have nothing else to say...and will, therefore, refrain from commenting on these matters any further.

First of all, I just want to make it known to you and everyone else who may be bored enough to read this: There is only one kind of person who upsets me more than someone who is cruel to others for no reason...and that is a hypocrite... someone who is cruel to others for no reason, and who does it in the name of religion. This is one reason why I have no religion. I prefer to simply believe in "spirituality". Do I have human frailties & make human mistakes? You bet I do... LOTS of 'em! Do I believe in a "Higher Power" & in answering for my actions, to that "Higher Power"...yes, I do! However, I am neither "religious", nor do I feel compelled to cram my particular views down anyone else's throat. I believe there is plenty of room for many different views...and many different roads to "enlightenment".

Secondly, I would just like to say to anyone who ever feels isolated and alone...please, just always remember that, "to have friends...FIRST, one must BE a friend"!

Thirdly, I must respectfully request that you, Jessy, stay away from me completely in the future...and I promise to do the same for you, in return. Henceforth, I shall simply refuse to acknowledge either your presence, your venomous accusations, or your opinions. You may, therefore, continue to carry on in your role as "Mother Superior"...with no fear of interference from me...because as far as I'm concerned ...from this day, forward...you simply no longer exist in my world!

Sincerely,
Da monkey 
ChuckleMonkey wrote: Once upon a time there was a very "high-class" pot...not just any ordinary pot, mind you...but this particular pot absolutely glistened in the sunlight...almost as though it was endowed with a halo! This very special pot was, of course, completely above reproach...and had absolutely no flaws whatsoever...at least, not to the untrained eye! Every day, the bright, shiny pot would venture out amongst the more common of the vessels...imparting words of wisdom, offering sage advice, and just generally reminding the more common vessels of all it's superior workmanship... presumably, with the intention of helping the lesser vessels to someday also achieve a higher quality.

Well, as fate would have it...one day, a very "low-class" old kettle came to be placed amongst the other more common vessels...and this kettle was just awful...full of scratches, dents...and just as black & unrefined as it could be! Fortunately, however, for this dreadful old kettle...the perfect, shimmering pot decided to befriend it...in hope that, with a little guidance and polishing...the nasty old kettle might one day become more like itself...and although the kettle was already old, and worn...and knew it could never be elevated to the high caliber of the flawless pot...the kettle happily accepted the friendship of the seemingly benevolent pot...and tried to keep an open lid, regarding the possible outcome of this association.

Sadly, as the weeks passed...despite every effort by the superior quality pot to improve the worn out old kettle...it was all to no avail. The dilapidated old kettle just would not become any brighter or shinier...but did seem to be a happy, giggling kettle...in spite of it's horrid, low quality & blackened condition. Oddly, however...it seemed to the very inferior kettle...that the glimmering, perfect pot did not appear to be very happy...so the funky, tarnished, mess of an old kettle made what would later prove to be a very unwise decision...and actually had the audacity to try to convince the totally perfect pot...that by becoming just a bit more flawed & common...and by being stirred a little less often...it might just find that it felt less agitated & more joyful!  

Naturally, the sparkling, "high class" pot insisted that it knew best...and certainly needed no assistance whatsoever from the likes of such a meddling, low-quality kettle...so the nasty old kettle agreed that it had no right to interfere with such a fine quality pot's business...and promised to simply keep it's lid shut about such matters in the future. The kettle also conceded that the flawless pot had every right to continue to operate in the same manner, while hoping to obtain a different result!

Unfortunately, the dirty old kettle was already quite weary & worn when this whole relationship had begun...so it's ability to keep things contained inside it had already been somewhat compromised...and soon it actually began to blow off small amounts of steam in the perfect pot's direction... mostly as a signal of it's frustration with the situation...and also in an effort to keep the irreproachable pot & it's business from getting any closer...so that the common, "low-class" kettle could simply return to being the goofy, useless, but entertaining old vessel it was before it became involved with the wondrous...indeed, even saintly, pot.

Finally, the exhausted old kettle decided to ask the very superior pot, politely, to be excluded from any future involvement in the pot's very important missions...at which point, the completely impeccable pot...suddenly & quite unexpectedly...boiled over with an eruption of tyrannical reprimands, venomous (though totally unfounded) accusations...and hurtful insults, aimed toward the grungy, low-quality old kettle! It then ended with one final spewing demand that any further relationship between them be severed immediately & completely! In response to this, the somewhat confused...but by now, fully steaming old kettle...finally "puffed out it's chest" & completely blew it's lid off, with a heated eruption of it's own...but ended by happily fulfilling the pontificating pot's demands to end their association!

Of course, since the old kettle was already quite flawed & blackened, because it was of such poor quality...the steaming eruption barely made any difference in it's already dull & blemished, "low-class" appearance. For the bright, shiny, immaculate pot, however...it was a completely different story. Lo & behold...beneath that glittery, shimmering, spotless finish...the pot's boiling spew had revealed a dark & quite ordinary base...just as black, in fact, as that of the inferior, low-quality old kettle!

The moral of this story? I assume it needs no explanation...and besides...I don't really have time right now...I need to go get fitted with a sturdy pair of ankle protectors!

The kettle calling the pot black 
ChuckleMonkey wrote: Once upon a time there was a very "high-class" pot...not just any ordinary pot, mind you...but this particular pot absolutely glistened in the sunlight...almost as though it was endowed with a halo! This very special pot was, of course, completely above reproach...and had absolutely no flaws whatsoever...at least, not to the untrained eye! Every day, the bright, shiny pot would venture out amongst the more common of the vessels...imparting words of wisdom, offering sage advice, and just generally reminding the more common vessels of all it's superior workmanship... presumably, with the intention of helping the lesser vessels to someday also achieve a higher quality.

The Saints and the Sinners.  Judge Judy