I have been looking at old videos and pictures from FB friends and emails and smiling. I must stay strong and not let this year be a hole in my good memories, filling this Christmas any way I can with gratitude and love.
I put up a string of lights so that people passing my window may be cheered on a dark night.
I light a candle and pray and meditate and let the cozy light cheer me as well.
I have made arrangements to drop off small gifts at people's doors who I know are alone.
I have been happy for those who are alone and have found someone to share Christmas with.
I am grateful that loved ones I cannot be with are healthy, warm and have food, shelter and company.
I am grateful for what I have, with my restricted resources and do not need to shop to feel fulfilled.
I am grateful for the challenges this year that have forced me to try new ways, despite my trepidation, and helped my chances for future endeavours.
I am enjoying my time to cook and eat healthy again, remembering how much I enjoyed making soups and chili and meals that take hours to chop, season and prepare.
I also have time for getting together with a bubble friend and making cookies and memories.
I have found the courage to reach out when my challenges seem overwhelming.
I have been there when some have reached out, afraid and needing help to cope with the challenges of this year.
I am deeply grateful for all my 50plus friends. Please keep sharing your memories and stay connected.
Lovely post DS; it's what Christmas should be all about! :)
Very good DS, what you write is very beautiful. We should all be grateful for what we have and what we often take for granted. We should pay attention to what makes us happy, dwell on that feeling of happiness and see that small daily joys can change the meaning of our life. Making small gestures of kindness
sews a new path of collective love. If we believe in it, if we let ourselves be involved in love for the good, we will benefit ourselves first. Loving opens doors to love. Brava!
Incipit wrote: We should pay attention to what makes us happy, dwell on that feeling of happiness and see that small daily joys can change the meaning of our life. Making small gestures of kindness

I know what you mean, Incipit, and I am joyous about the game of chess we played recently, and grateful that you allowed me the chance of letting you win. I demand a rematch lol
I feel every day should be a celebration of LOVE and light. I feel gratitude because we are able to give and share. I am happy, because I can feel the love of my family and friends. I am never alone, even when I am by myself. I wish you all love and light. Abundant blessings everyday. Hugs
Cini