On Christmas morning 2006. I was in a jolly, buoyant mood. The presents were all wrapped. And I was getting ready, and looking forward to spending the day with my daughter and her partner.
As I walked across my living room. The mug of tea, I was holding, suddenly, inexplicably, slipped out of my hand. Standing totally still for a second. My first thought was, that the handle had come off.
Living on my own, if anything silly happens, I usually, vociferously remonstrate with myself. Only, this time. Instead of a torrent of verbal self abuse. Out came a load of inconprehensible jibberish.
I realised, instantly what had happened. There was no pain, not even any tingling. So I leant on the back of a chair, trying to regain my composure. After only a few seconds, I regained my speech, and telephoned my daughter, who, at the time, only lived two miles away. She called an ambulance, which, to their credit, arrived before she did.
I was carted off to hospital, where I was diagnosed as having had a TIA, a Mini stroke. A kind of warning, of possible things to come. I was released four days later.
And Christmas dinner? The turkey was already in the oven, roasting. After my call, they turned the oven off. But left the turkey still inside. When they eventually got home, later that day. The turkey had baked Rock hard, and ended up in the dustbin.
Not one of my favourite Christmases.
You sound just as unlucky as me only mine was new years eve morning this year, felt really unwell was sick and dreadfully tired stayed in bed for three days
then went to hospital and they admitted me it was pneumonia I was in for eight days, but I was staying with my son in Malaga, but can't fault the treatment it was really good.

Ann
Hello Ann
I hope you are feeling a lot better now.
Afterwards, and after a load of tests. I was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrulation (a sticky valve) and a tiny hole in my heart. But I feel fine now. As long as I don't over exert myself.

Mike
LET US ALL BE THANKFUL ... FROM THE "HEART"... FOR THE HEALTH WE DO HAVE.
JadeStone wrote: LET US ALL BE THANKFUL ... FROM THE "HEART"... FOR THE HEALTH WE DO HAVE.

Yes, I agree with you jade, I give thanks for every day that im alive, and able to get outside and breath Gods good air! Whenever I start to feel sorry for myself, I think of the poor souls much worse off then me. If I had a magic wand id wish everyone on here to be well, iv never met such lovely people xxxxx :D
I honestly believe if we are here to tell the story.. We are truly NOT unlucky...but most blessed to tell it... Blessings.. ;)..K
akakakes wrote: I honestly believe if we are here to tell the story.. We are truly NOT unlucky...but most blessed to tell it... Blessings.. ;)..K

I liked your comment and I decided to send you a smile...you put it into perspective.....
annie27940 wrote: You sound just as unlucky as me only mine was new years eve morning this year, felt really unwell was sick and dreadfully tired stayed in bed for three days
then went to hospital and they admitted me it was pneumonia I was in for eight days, but I was staying with my son in Malaga, but can't fault the treatment it was really good.

Ann

I know it has been a few years but I hope your feeling in good health....we don't sometimes look at what we have until something happens....health that is.
Goldfynche wrote: Hello Ann
I hope you are feeling a lot better now.
Afterwards, and after a load of tests. I was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrulation (a sticky valve) and a tiny hole in my heart. But I feel fine now. As long as I don't over exert myself.

Mike

I hope Goldfynche your keeping well.
It is diffcult to face a health issue. I recovered from ARDS, and was left with some major health issues. One was AF. Now I was very concerned because although my heard was perfect in form the electrical system was not. This was ten years ago. I lead a very very active life. I am posting this, to let you know that although we have to face these demons, they do NOT always win. Life can be good, Please enjoy it to the fullest.
Laurie