Please can I have a little whinge? Okay, so to my horror and disbelief I am 71 yo, although absolutely not over the hill in any other way! I have been searching for a nice man around the same age, but why do the men in that age bracket stipulate a much younger female, 45 to 52 for example? Way back when these guys were young they were quite happy to meet women their age or even a bit older. It didn't matter then so why does it now?? They are not giving themselves, or us, a chance.
It's so true and off putting ,some men probably think they are attractive to younger women . It's actually quite sad in a way .
hey what about sugar daddy's? they are very attractive to young and old alike.
if they are so young in the first place what are they doing in here? you got it looking for attractive older men. i never saw it myself but i have heard that babes as young as 30 sneak in here to try and meet brian
Maz you are an attractive lady and if you lived near me I would ask you out.
yeah and the check is in the mail
Hi Mazz,
Perhaps these men, myself included at times, have an acceptance issue to deal with. Inside we feel the same as we did when 16, looking in the mirror in the morning tells a different story. Is there ego involved? Does a guy feel younger than his years show? How hard is it to let go of that younger self and everything that went with that time in what was just yesterday.
I think the most important thing is to find that right person to walk down the diminishing pathway that lies infront of us. It is certainly not as long as the one back over your shoulder but it is perhaps the most important one to walk on with someone with the confidence and the courage to go hand in hand to uncover what lies just around the next bend.
mazz the answer is a no brainer move to wherever wolf3 lives. case closed. live happy ever after
Wpgman wrote: Hi Mazz,
Perhaps these men, myself included at times, have an acceptance issue to deal with. Inside we feel the same as we did when 16, looking in the mirror in the morning tells a different story. Is there ego involved? Does a guy feel younger than his years show? How hard is it to let go of that younger self and everything that went with that time in what was just yesterday.
I think the most important thing is to find that right person to walk down the diminishing pathway that lies infront of us. It is certainly not as long as the one back over your shoulder but it is perhaps the most important one to walk on with someone with the confidence and the courage to go hand in hand to uncover what lies just around the next bend.

Very well worded...
As our looks fade, our skin shags and our energy depletes, its hard to imagine starting over, again. Forever is now only so many years, there isn't endless hours to waste away. Some how we must grab a hold on the thought, this might be all we get. Chatting is fun, but its not dating. To begin a relationship in our older days there is far more to think of than just, “ love”. The older we get, the closer we are to health problems.you must be willing to take on the possible , “care giver” when one of you grow ill. Is the love you feel now, willing to take on the responsibility of what could come next. We dont have forever now, we are closer to, “till death do us part”.
I believe as we age, we are less adaptable. It is difficult to find someone that you can tolerate not to mention be physically active with both in day activities but night. It is easy to see idiosyncracies that are totally annoying that we think we can't get by. Some of us have lived on our own so thinking about sharing space and closets is unthinkable - not to mention farting under the covers :).
Blending families or moving away from your present location is not even possible in our mindset.
As a female, I believe men in their 50s can easily get a women in her 30s. So why would older men even look at older women? It is part of the human evolution to pick the most fertile mate. We are all just wired this way.
In the US there are 6.5million more women than men (2017 stats), so truly it is the men that are in short supply. I have observed a shift from men courting the women to women now chasing the men. We as women are now expected to initiate conversations, ideas of courtship and also initiate sex. Forget the idea of committment before sex - it is unheard of! My head can't quite get around that personally. I find chasing a man a real turn off. I say let the woman willing to chase - have him. I end up doing all the work "at home" anyway - I don't need his organ so badly that I would do all the work to have a one-way relationship.
It's two ways or no way for me.
with men in such short supply how is it possible for WW to treat me so bad?
I prefer to converse with women my age or older
Hmmm.....1st husband was same age,,,, 2nd was 8 yrs older,,,3rd (and the best) was 5 yrs younger ( he passed). No more men,, good grief.....But,,,,,,,,,,,,,when i was 40 and between husbands,, I had a 29 yr old stalk me,, dang....oh well.....All I can say is listen to your heart,, age really does not make MUCH of a dif,,,,but should be taken into consideration. There are alot of men AND women out there that try to scam you, sad..............I am content with my little dog (oopsy,, she is 45 lbs) on the back end of my bed at night,, keeps my feet warm. BUT,, it would be nice to have a warm body to snuggle with and touch toes with while sleeping and feeling more loving and secure in life. Make sense ????????????
blackwidow wrote: Hmmm.....1st husband was same age,,,, 2nd was 8 yrs older,,,3rd (and the best) was 5 yrs younger ( he passed). No more men,, good grief.....But,,,,,,,,,,,,,when i was 40 and between husbands,, I had a 29 yr old stalk me,, dang....oh well.....All I can say is listen to your heart,, age really does not make MUCH of a dif,,,,but should be taken into consideration. There are alot of men AND women out there that try to scam you, sad..............I am content with my little dog (oopsy,, she is 45 lbs) on the back end of my bed at night,, keeps my feet warm. BUT,, it would be nice to have a warm body to snuggle with and touch toes with while sleeping and feeling more loving and secure in life. Make sense ????????????

Easily resolved, bw - simply look for a man with an Oedepus complex who is seeking an FLR and you're sorted ;)
cerberus97 wrote:
blackwidow wrote: Hmmm.....1st husband was same age,,,, 2nd was 8 yrs older,,,3rd (and the best) was 5 yrs younger ( he passed). No more men,, good grief.....But,,,,,,,,,,,,,when i was 40 and between husbands,, I had a 29 yr old stalk me,, dang....oh well.....All I can say is listen to your heart,, age really does not make MUCH of a dif,,,,but should be taken into consideration. There are alot of men AND women out there that try to scam you, sad..............I am content with my little dog (oopsy,, she is 45 lbs) on the back end of my bed at night,, keeps my feet warm. BUT,, it would be nice to have a warm body to snuggle with and touch toes with while sleeping and feeling more loving and secure in life. Make sense ????????????

Easily resolved, bw - simply look for a man with an Oedepus complex who is seeking an FLR and you're sorted ;)

They should be careful too! :lol: "In these species, which include the black widow and redback, the large females will often devour the smaller males during sex—hence the “widow” in their names. In some cases, the female catches the male while he's trying to escape." just kidding as she's lovely really! :wink: