Dang,, went to the store to buy my cans of coors light beer (diet beer),,,hardly any left,, the liquor man told me they won't be getting anymore because of the aluminum shortage........I live in Arizona... Has anyone else heard of this ?
blackwidow wrote: Dang,, went to the store to buy my cans of coors light beer (diet beer),,,hardly any left,, the liquor man told me they won't be getting anymore because of the aluminum shortage........I live in Arizona... Has anyone else heard of this ?

Yes, I saw it on the news. Coors was looking into a “paper” type container. You may have to switch to bottles until they figure it out. The sacrifices we are having to make during this.
blackwidow wrote: Dang,, went to the store to buy my cans of coors light beer (diet beer),,,hardly any left,, the liquor man told me they won't be getting anymore because of the aluminum shortage........I live in Arizona... Has anyone else heard of this ?

no i never heard of this but it seems that everything is going to hell now ever since virus started
Just part of an article discussing the shortage:
As a result, two of Colorado's largest canning breweries, Oskar Blues Brewery in Longmont and Ska Brewing in Durango, are planning an unusual shift. They will begin wrapping previously printed cans in new labels.

"For many reasons, such as old inventory, misprints or errors in forecasting, millions of aluminum cans go unused each year," Ska writes. "Beginning this week, Ska fans will notice a new look on some of their favorite brews, and for a brewery known for a strong graphic focus on its packaging, it might come as a bit of a surprise."
CelesteB wrote: Just part of an article discussing the shortage:
As a result, two of Colorado's largest canning breweries, Oskar Blues Brewery in Longmont and Ska Brewing in Durango, are planning an unusual shift. They will begin wrapping previously printed cans in new labels.

"For many reasons, such as old inventory, misprints or errors in forecasting, millions of aluminum cans go unused each year," Ska writes. "Beginning this week, Ska fans will notice a new look on some of their favorite brews, and for a brewery known for a strong graphic focus on its packaging, it might come as a bit of a surprise."

Beer is sold in bottles in UK and most of the rest of Europe although UK recycles them and the rest of Europe charges a deposit for bottles and re-uses them which I think is much better!
I recycle cans for money,, the bottles just go into the recycle bin that the city picks up and I guess they make the money ? Whatever,,,I bought a regular Coors beer,, might gain a few pounfds drinking it ? LOL
I used to recycle cans fr 10 cents each but places that do it dropped out coz it wasnt profitable