Fish, you are so helpful to people on 50Plus.  I commend you for that and I enjoy your posts.
Thank you for being who you are!  
Luv, Jessy 
:oops:
DaddyFish wrote: I found this website a few years back....the software is free and a lot of fun to use :)

http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/

Thank you very much Daddyfish, You are very well informed on seahorses.I knew nothing about them until i read your comment, one learn everyday. I just love social media.
 I usually pick up patterns that others refuse to work on. I am so enthusiastic to learn that i will do anything. For me mosaics is a form of meditation and i t cut pieces of tiles or glass tiles and let my hand do the rest. I am pleased to see that you are interested. Thank you and best wishes Marie
Marie, did you get your supplies yet?

Do you gather the supplies or buy tiles and cut them up? 
Hello Jessy, Currently i am making pieces for the hospice, so luckily i am able to use their materials. It's been great since i learned that i could take my work home. My ex husband sent me a glass cutter for my birthday :) made a big difference.

Are you seriously contemplating taking on mosaics next winter? it is very addictive.

Marie 
Yes, I am seriously considering it.  I think it would be fun and I am the kind of person who is always looking for new things to learn.  I love the color pink so my first one is going to be pink.

Marie, I have had a look at your gallery pic's and they are wonderful. Hopefully you'll be able to start soon doing it at home, and then you'll be producing all sorts and taking on some much bigger projects. You should be really proud of what you have made so far.

Ron
mi.lwcus wrote: Marie, I have had a look at your gallery pic's and they are wonderful. Hopefully you'll be able to start soon doing it at home, and then you'll be producing all sorts and taking on some much bigger projects. You should be really proud of what you have made so far.

Ron

Thank you Ron,
I am already puffing up with your vote of confidence.
I can see my progress, everybody believe the seahorse is much better, so i believe that there might be n inkling of an artist in me still and mosaics is definitely bringing her out.
I will keep going for a few more classes and then make myself cosy at home.

Cheers and thank you

Marie 
blackbird2 wrote: Hi there,
I started a weekly mosaics class last year, now i am hooked. It's a weekly class and it is a long way to commute to. Anyone have any idea how i can bring this hobby to my home. Best wishes Marie 

Yes ,I do.I have a shed in my back yard and a empty room in my house.I keep my surplus of glass and broken plates in my shed.I work in my extra room .I  put in shelves in the closet of that room.I utilise it to put  my suplies and pattern there and I cut my glass in that room on a litle table.I also grout there.In the summer I dry my project outside before I water proof it.Good luck