Example:  I do needlework.  Crochet, knit, sew, embroidery, quilt etc.  I donate what I make.  For Christmas and I'm still doing it.  I upcycled porcelain dolls.  You know those creepy collectable dolls.  I re wig them with hair in every color of the rainbow.  I make their wardrobe.  I repaint their faces.  I make the trunk that they are kept in.  I turn them into fantasy fairies.  I make pocket prayers from altoid tins and donate them to hospitals and nursing homes.  I crochet a lot.  I donate the afghans to the children's hospital or nursing homes.  I make etc etc.  I was wondering if anyone does the same.  Your local police Dept and Fire Dept.  accept toys for children.  I know for a fact they are a very precious commodity.  My ex is a Police Officer and gives away toys to children who's parents are arrested or abused.  The fire Dept.  When your house burns down and all your child's toys with it, Mr. fireman digs in his fire truck and gives them a doll or stuffed bear to hold on to.  It makes a difference.  I was given a stuffed toy when I was in a girls home.  A local church group made them and donated them.  I was 9 or 10.  I still have it.  I'm 50.  It got me through some tough times. It made a huge difference in my life.  And I never forget where I came from.  Every year I donate, my daughters come with me.  It's the highlight of our Christmas time.  If you can make something, I can find a place to donate it.  Even the man who finds dead bodies.  I'm resourceful.  Please.  If you can.
Annaleigh wrote: Example: I do needlework. Crochet, knit, sew, embroidery, quilt etc. I donate what I make. For Christmas and I'm still doing it. I upcycled porcelain dolls. You know those creepy collectable dolls. I re wig them with hair in every color of the rainbow. I make their wardrobe. I repaint their faces. I make the trunk that they are kept in. I turn them into fantasy fairies. I make pocket prayers from altoid tins and donate them to hospitals and nursing homes. I crochet a lot. I donate the afghans to the children's hospital or nursing homes. I make etc etc. I was wondering if anyone does the same. Your local police Dept and Fire Dept. accept toys for children. I know for a fact they are a very precious commodity. My ex is a Police Officer and gives away toys to children who's parents are arrested or abused. The fire Dept. When your house burns down and all your child's toys with it, Mr. fireman digs in his fire truck and gives them a doll or stuffed bear to hold on to. It makes a difference. I was given a stuffed toy when I was in a girls home. A local church group made them and donated them. I was 9 or 10. I still have it. I'm 50. It got me through some tough times. It made a huge difference in my life. And I never forget where I came from. Every year I donate, my daughters come with me. It's the highlight of our Christmas time. If you can make something, I can find a place to donate it. Even the man who finds dead bodies. I'm resourceful. Please. If you can.

I don't do those kind of stuff but making quilts for charities here, all the old bed sheets worn out top or pants even blue jeans are all use to make quilts.
Quilts are wonderful.  I love making the denim quilts.  Do you quilt with a group of people?  
Sometimes, yes.
Anna that was a wonderful post! Have you thought about making donations to the Red Cross and such for people that have suffered home fires and such?

I never knew knew you were so charity oriented.... It id SO nice to get to know you as a person and not just someone obsessed with her body :)
Daddyfish
        I have always been charity oriented.  I started when I left the last children's home I was in.  My ex is a Police Officer.  I kept the PD and the Fire Dept. in teddy bears and stuffed toys for the children caught up in terrible situations beyond their control.  I understand where they are coming from.  I'm proud of my body.  I see nothing wrong with the human body.  As far as obsession.  That would mean what I expend most of my time, energy and effort on.  That would be my daughters.  They don't have a problem with what I look like.  The only two people I have found obsessed with my body is you and my exhusband.  If you have some charity oriented questions?  I would be happy to answer them.  If you want to discuss obsessions, please start another thread.  This is a very important topic and one very close to my heart.  There are a lot of adults and children in need.  Please have the decency to keep your personal comments to yourself.  If there is a charity that you want recognized, then please say which one.  I work with a group of women that will target any charity in need.  We pool our resources and give to the charity of your choice.  There are many charities but we are a big group that stands the world.  So any charity in any country is welcome.  It's important to give back.