After loosing my husband,im thinking, If can i still find another wonderful man.or remain a widdow,i missed having someone just being there to listen,the laughter,the ups and down,I don't know if i can still find him,,or the other way around,my life is complicated,but at least i been able to feel what really true love means.making you feel so special,but life must go on with or with or out the other one. :)
I thought it would be easy to find that special one; But unfortunately you have to be really lucky!!!
Like you said life goes on with or without!!!
goodwiddow wrote: After loosing my husband,im thinking, If can i still find another wonderful man.or remain a widdow,i missed having someone just being there to listen,the laughter,the ups and down,I don't know if i can still find him,,or the other way around,my life is complicated,but at least i been able to feel what really true love means.making you feel so special,but life must go on with or with or out the other one. :)

Hi GoodwiNdow,    It's the same for us all,don't settle.The longer you have to wait,the more appreciative you will be.(Are you buying this,lol) I might joke but I am very serious. Ihad a 17 1/2 yr loveless marriage and spent just as long recovering from it.(I finally left in 93)I have only been able to convince myself to trust again about the end of March.I thought I could spend my life alone protected by my walls.Most of my friends are married or in a relationship.....It was also when my desire to write poetry reemerged,dormant since high school,aside from one hym I wrote around 1980.I hope these might cheer you up a little.G'luck and God bless.

My daughter I love you so,
 You are as a candle glow
 In a world that'gone dark
 And you are love's spark.

Know that you will find
 Someone loving and kind
 To help you to be you
 With a love oh so true.  

Like 'a thief in the night'
 He will appear in your light,
 Though upon first sight
 He turns out just and right

Romance whispere to her heart

Autumn is the prettiest time of life,
Changing colours and less strife,
When beauty increases in many a maid
And summer repeats not ready to fade.

Autumn breezes caress her soul
Seeking to make her heart whole,
While tears gather upon her marrow,
She seeks out a new tomorrow.

That empty hole when one's alone
Is borne heavy as an anchor stone,
For youth has flown forever gone,
And eternity waits not far on.

In sleep beckons a faceless brough,
That eludes her,yet somehow,
She feels love's tender part
As romance whispers to her heart.

She wakes refreshed sure in mind
That someone awaits pure and kind'
To share days and nights to short,
When bliss is freed in love's cavort.  
This is a very nice poem. I too am alone now for 12 yrs.....although I have friends that I am active with, being single does make a big difference. I am often omitted from couples get togethers and this is very understandable. Most of my friends are married. There seems to be so many people alone and I often wonder why this is? I feel I am open to new relationships, but it just seems that meeting people in general at my age is not the easiest accomplishment. I live in a city and it can be so isolating.
Hawkeyebill. I like the poetry,
I have been divorced for 10 years now, i cant say i have been alone tho, as i had a family to bring up, so i guess in a way ive been lucky in the sense of loneliness,
however, children grow up, and become less dependant, and thats where i find myself at the moment, although i have 2 sons at home, i have 5 daughters who are grown and all but 1 has family of their own now,
I could say at times i feel lonely, i have got it into my head that nobody out there wants or needs a 54 yr old man anymore, times have changed from when my parents were alive, and people these days dont seem to have the time, jobs, work, it feels at times like i just watch the world getting on, rushing by, but to where?
ooopppsss sorry, didnt mean to show that side of me !!
anyway, NEVER GIVE UP SEARCHING WHAT YOU DESIRE. one day, you will find what your searching for. trust.
wolfie said enough now,
take care everyone.
wolfie.
:roll: I`ve been out of the dating scene a long time too, time just whizzed by, I think we must try to trust that `the one` will find us...hopefully.LOL.
goodwiddow...sometimes...when we think there is nothing out "there"...that is exactly the time when something will. there are lots of good people in similar situations, who feel just like you do....myself included. all you can do is be yourself.....its all I do.....
Gosh I hope we can still find the one that says.. And then my soul saw you and it kinda went " Oh there you are, I've been looking for you "..
A lovely sentiment Aka,  I hope so too.
marsan wrote: :roll: I`ve been out of the dating scene a long time too, time just whizzed by, I think we must try to trust that `the one` will find us...hopefully.LOL.

As the saying goes, "You will find the one when least expected".
It surely is not easy these days. And where do I go to meet people around my age?? :roll: But mustn't lose hope. There must be someone out there for us. It all depends what you're looking for. I'd rather be single than be with someone when there is no love and affinitys.
I met a partner 3 years ago on SFF site (Senior Friendfinder) and like me he lived in Ireland.
Even tho' its an American based site I was lucky. I adored him, he was my heart, and he died in April from COPD. I hate being alone, and I havent had all that much luck for various reasons. Im full of life and laughter, but I can internalize a lot so people think Im happy :D I have a busy life but it is nice to have that one person to share your day with, or even if you dont live together, to have a phone call to look forward to. Breda.
I have been alone now for about 9 years. I have tried different sites and have only ran into scammers looking for money in the end and not really interested in meeting face to face. I lost my husband to COPD as well and watched him struggle to breath for years. I am also tired of attending events meant for couples alone and people saying I will meet someone there - it is like there saying here have my man.  :cry:  How sad heh. I am finding I am going to these events less and less. I am hoping this site will be a little different. Good luck to all.
Hello Cutie..how are yu doing today?..hope u

are doing great anyway?..i,m sorry to disturb

ur peace with my email..just saw ur profile on

the dating site as i,m searching for that

special one in my life and felt it wud be great

and also wonderful to get to know such an angel

like you..hope you dont mind us chatting and

also wud love to really hear back from you..pls angel if you dont mind here is my here is my chatting id (laronhenz101@yahoo.com)..expecting ya soonest

remain blessed

Laron
goodwiddow wrote: After loosing my husband,im thinking, If can i still find another wonderful man.or remain a widdow,i missed having someone just being there to listen,the laughter,the ups and down,I don't know if i can still find him,,or the other way around,my life is complicated,but at least i been able to feel what really true love means.making you feel so special,but life must go on with or with or out the other one. :)

Anything's possible , I lost my wife in 2007, we had A few homes in NY & PA I also had A furniture store in the poconos, I was waiting for her to retire from the postal service, we had planned to live in St. Martens in the winter & NY in the summer, But she went home b4 me .... she's the lucky one. I took my computer bag, passport & birth cirtificate & spent 2 months flying all over then I landed in WA, but now I'm content to know she's with the HEAVENLY FATHER, I'm not rushing to meet anyone if someone passes my way I'll be happy, but I'm doing great thank GOD. you'll meet someone, its just harder some people at this age is set in their own ways ......