newsong wrote: Why not? It is part of our make up in more ways than one. It really depends on how we define sexy. Maybe we define it differently as we age in the sense that we know that we cannot wear the same style of clothes as we did at 25, since they are not likely to fit. Like other aspects of aging, sexiness is in our demeanour, warmth, carriage, fitness level, confidence, health, outlook etc. It is part of the whole package. Many people who are not outwardly sexy by definition can warm our hearts and draw us toward them. There is no age limit on it. People who fall in love later in life as my father in law did at 76 with a woman who was 68 told me that it was not different than when he was younger as far as the emotions went. Sexuality is enmeshed in emotions and the mind as much, if not more so than outward appearances. Also, the sex drive naturally diminishes for most people as we age, but the need for touch, human contact and expression of love - does not. Just an opinion of course, but sort of how I see it. It is wonderful and inspirational to see older people who look fantastic, and it seems more and more people nowadays manage to achieve that.

Exactly. We all have our definitions of what we think is sexy. I love tatoos and find them very sexy if they are well done. To some people this is terrible... to each his own. It's not the clothes that make us but what we have in our hearts and soul. It's just that I feel that some people who have very closed minds, will not take the time to find out what we are really about before judging us by our looks. I have always liked excentric clothes since I was a teen. The only thing that has changed is that I've adapted them with my age. Sexiness comes from within. But I still prefer to look a certain way, even if the neighbor may not like my look. I have always tryed to live and let live. Even if someone is very different from me, give them a chance to prove themselves. Who knows you may find a very good and special friend...................
Absolutely. Style is about art - and we all like different kinds of art. I have always collected and worn vintage clothing and when I was young it was not the norm. But I love the feminine glam and hats regardless of my age - still do, and always will. I will drool over a 1950's Chanel outfit or beaded flapper dress, silk chiffons, obsolete satins and hand made lace. If other people don't like it - I don't care. We are all entitled to what we like and how we express ourselves. I miss not being able to wear a size six and know that certain things don't look good on me anymore, but there are classics that are still fine to wear. I know lots of older women and men who get tattoos. One lady I used to work with kept getting more and more, so I guess there is something about them that makes people want more. And there are plenty of guys out there it seems who like them too - so don't worry. Like attracts like - for the most part.
sure we can still be sexy after 55, beauty comes in within yourself, and that is natural and u become sexy in your own elegant way, it is not the mini skirt u wear or low cut blouses and high inch heels it is how u truly want to feel about yourself and present yourself to others,, i think men look at that in many ways and age is flawless u have the loyalty respect and condfindence in your self and with others u are sexy.
Alluring smile, friendly attitude, confidence or even a little shyness. Classic Dress plus a little cleavage in dressing up goes a long way for me. Forgive me girls, I am a man after all... :lol:

Well Girls you did ask and I'm being honest. Sexy over 55 oh yes! :D
newsong wrote: We are all entitled to what we like and how we express ourselves

Very well said newsong, I think what is important here is what makes us feel sexy. I like a certain look, tatoos and high heels. They make me feel sexy, so I wear them proudly. If it's a turn off for certain, sorry, but this is me. Really it's all about being oneself. and assuming our choices.

thanks keithb and winter2012 for your input. Of course without a smile, how can you attract anyone...
winter 2012 wrote: u have the loyalty respect and condfindence in your self and with others u are sexy.

Exactly, well said
keithb wrote: Well Girls you did ask and I'm being honest.

Honesty is the best and only way............
I totally believe a woman can be sexy at ANY age. I also agree that it is not the outer shell or clothing that makes us so – but an inner radiance and glow, and a “happy to be in my skin” feeling that we can emit. I feel that as we age our inner beauty surfaces, we become more mature and with that – we are more confident . We know what we want and (most of us)know how to get it. Basically, what I’m saying is - a woman that thinks of herself as sensual and sexy exudes this no matter what her age
Cesles wrote:
Lets hear it from the men.........??? In what way does an older woman attract you sexually???

YES COME ON GUYS.....GIVE US SOME INPUT....

[size=150][color=#4000FF][color=#4000FF][b][size=150]I wrote this several months ago with just this theme in mind:
Romance whispere to her heart

Autumn is the prettiest time of life,
Changing colours and less strife,
When beauty increases in many a maid
And summer repeats not ready to fade.

Autumn breezes caress her soul
Seeking to make her heart whole,
While tears gather upon her marrow,
She seeks out a new tomorrow.

That empty hole when one's alone
Is borne heavy as an anchor stone,
For youth has flown forever gone,
And eternity waits not far on.

In sleep beckons a faceless brough,
That eludes her,yet somehow,
She feels love's tender part
As romance whispers to her heart.

She wakes refreshed sure in mind
That someone awaits pure and kind
To share days and nights to short,
When bliss is freed in love's cavort.

I have only read a few posts on this thread and have to go now.I will try to get back to this later tonight.I find many women my age much more attractive than their younger counterparts,even without a girlish figure,
:D wonderful hawkeye . You do have a way with words
FROM CLIATHS PROFIL:I may not be the most beautiful or sexiest woman, nor do I have the perfect body. I may not be everybody's first choice, but I am a great choice. I don't pretend to be someone I'm not, because I'm good at being me. I may not be proud of some things in my past, but I am proud of who I am today.
So take me as I am, or watch me as I walk away.

Reading your profil really touched me. We should all stand up and try to be the best we can be. Not living our lives for others or trying to become what others want us to be. Your friends must be proud to have you in their life.
Cliath wrote: I totally believe a woman can be sexy at ANY age. I also agree that it is not the outer shell or clothing that makes us so – but an inner radiance and glow, and a “happy to be in my skin” feeling that we can emit. I feel that as we age our inner beauty surfaces, we become more mature and with that – we are more confident . We know what we want and (most of us)know how to get it. Basically, what I’m saying is - a woman that thinks of herself as sensual and sexy exudes this no matter what her age

I agree with you Cliath, just be yourself and you can be as sexy as you can be, life is to short!!
wolfie13 wrote: WELL.... from a humble Yorkshireman, what do i like in a lady, and what do i find sexy, attractive,
answer... Honesty, and when i see ladies over 50 doing exactly what they want to do and feeling confident doing it, i like that.
dressing up like a 20 or 30 year old doesnt do a thing for me, personally, i find the inner person very sexy, attractive, more than the outer shell.
im not saying dont wear war pai..erm make up, just dont like to see ladies cover up natural beauty, thats all !
after all, look at my mug.. how can i comment on looks lol
seriously though, it is far more attractive to see a lady being confident in herself, and not trying to impress others falsely, and thats all i have to say. please dont take any offence to my comments, its just my thoughts.. and after all, i am single lol (any logic in that last comment?)

I agree with you wolfie in that I prefer a natural woman to one who has had any supposed enhancements to her appearance, whether it be make up, tattoos, fancy clothes, cosmetic surgery, etc as it is the person inside the outer body that is attractive. I am not saying that these enhancements detract from her attractiveness, just that they don't add to it either.
thanks for all your input folks, Everyone has their opinions, this is what makes the world so beautiful and interesting. It would be so dull if we all thought the same. :)
Also nice that everyone can express themselves while respecting the ideas of others.
RosesLady wrote: "I think it depends on how we see things in society today at any age, and what class we put ourselves in, low class, middle class and high class. Depends on where you feel comfortable?"

Starkitkat, I'm sorry I just don't understand what you mean here??? Lower class, middle class and high/upper class has to do with how much money you make, or have. Are you saying that the more money a woman has, the more sexy she is??? I need clarification, I just don't understand your point with this sentence??

Graham, good for you for not being afraid to post your thoughts!!! An aura of sexuality........I like that, that is a good way to describe it.

Come on guys!!! We need more guy comments!!! Curious minds need to know......