Being sexy?? Me, I do not like to be "sexy" I prefer the word "sensual" Now, is your question "Can we have a good sexual life after 55? OF COURSE WE CAN!!!  :D

No my question was more,what does society think of us older woman. Do people look at us differnetly because we are older? Do they find us sexy?? ( or if you prefer sensual) even if we are over 55.Personally I can feel sexy dressed up or in jogging pants. I do prefer a certain look which might be to excentric to some, but thats what makes this world so interesting, no one is the same. To each their own. As many have said here on the post, sensuality does come from within, but I know that I feel more sexy in a lace lingerie than in long johns lolllllll.
Well, what did you think about your mother when she was your age...?
It is true that with us, baby boomers,  the "society" is seeing people of 50+ plus in another way...they are aware we have a sexual life, and according to Jane Fonda it continues (she is +70) so....how does society see us? well with their own "lenses" but we, each one of us,sensual or sexy  girls, we know how to attract somebody and enjoy our sensuality/sexuality.....nobody can take it away from us....cheers! 
All I can say is I feel more sexy/sensual now in my fifties than I have ever done in my whole life..I love the way I feel about it. I have the time now to enjoy looking after myself and to think only of me...instead of putting the kids first its now me first lol....I enjoy working out, wearing sexy clothes and lingerie. And love the reaction I get from gentlemen....can we still be sexy after 55 you bet your life we can. :D
Worlass you have a very good point there , Now we do have more time to think of yourselves and put our needs first.

To Voyageuse: my Mom was always a very beautiful and elegant lady in my eyes. She did not have the same excentric taste as I for clothes but in her own right was a very sexy/sensual woman. I am very proud to have her as my mother. She showed me to accept the differences in people, to stand tall and to assume my decisions.She was ahead of her times and was always for freedom of speech, and womens rights. Dad has said that that was what attracted him to her ,and found her a very sensual woman because of it.
Why not?   If you are healthy and live a healthy lifestyle. Exercises and healthy food I am sure you are sexy until the day you leave this good earth. 

A couple of questions
Why is 55 a benchmark as not being sexy ?
Do you still feel sexy ?
Isnt it about confedence not age
Why is it the young think they invented good sex
i hope sex carrys on untill death , what a way to die
yes i think we still can be sexy after fifty five. i'm 56 and i don't think i'm dead yet.
I believe a person can still be sexy after 55 it doesn't have to mean being half naked or such. It can be with a smile , your attitude and kindness. I think it's all within ourselves so let it show. Im 50 and I feel good about myself so come on women in your 50's and beyond let it show :)
Cesles wrote: Can we still be sexy after 55 ? Or does society look at us and think....GIVE IT UP Grandma. I still like to wear make-up, jewelery and sexy clothes. Does that make me an oddity because i'm 56? What do you think ?? Do people look at me and judge me ?? My motto is live and let live but I realise that most people tend to judge a book by its cover so...........

Can you still be sexy? Sexy is how you feel and from there, how you behave, it has nothing to do with clothes or weight or looks. Sexy is a feeling. Yes, you can be sexy after 55 and 60 and 65 and and and. Im guessing you are one of the sexiest women on this site. Believe and you are!
widower56
Your good with words,, we are neighbours by the way I am in NB, Nice to see another Maritimer in here  
Rose 
HawkeyeBill wrote:
Cesles wrote:
Lets hear it from the men.........??? In what way does an older woman attract you sexually???

YES COME ON GUYS.....GIVE US SOME INPUT....

[size=150][color=#4000FF][color=#4000FF][b][size=150]I wrote this several months ago with just this theme in mind:
Romance whispere to her heart

Autumn is the prettiest time of life,
Changing colours and less strife,
When beauty increases in many a maid
And summer repeats not ready to fade.

Autumn breezes caress her soul
Seeking to make her heart whole,
While tears gather upon her marrow,
She seeks out a new tomorrow.

That empty hole when one's alone
Is borne heavy as an anchor stone,
For youth has flown forever gone,
And eternity waits not far on.

In sleep beckons a faceless brough,
That eludes her,yet somehow,
She feels love's tender part
As romance whispers to her heart.

She wakes refreshed sure in mind
That someone awaits pure and kind
To share days and nights to short,
When bliss is freed in love's cavort.

I have only read a few posts on this thread and have to go now.I will try to get back to this later tonight.I find many women my age much more attractive than their younger counterparts,even without a girlish figure,
Cesles wrote: Can we still be sexy after 55 ? Or does society look at us and think....GIVE IT UP Grandma. I still like to wear make-up, jewelery and sexy clothes. Does that make me an oddity because i'm 56? What do you think ?? Do people look at me and judge me ?? My motto is live and let live but I realise that most people tend to judge a book by its cover so...........

Yes I certainly believe that we can still be (sexy) or better yet sensual after 55. When did there become an age limit to this. Sexuality or senuality comes from how we preceive ourselves. Personally I am comfortable in my skin and accept who I am. Each of us gives off phermones the better we feel about ourselves the more we give off. These phermones attracts the opposite sex. When you feel good about yourself you smile more and people are drawn to a smiling face. If you don't love yourself then why would you expect others to love you. Ladies each one of us is special in our own way. We just have to learn to appreciate ourselves and what we have to bring into a relationship. I'm me who are u?
Cesles wrote:
Lets hear it from the men.........??? In what way does an older woman attract you sexually???

YES COME ON GUYS.....GIVE US SOME INPUT....

As a 56 going on 57 year old male I grew tired of the 'games' associated with the whole dating/relationship part of life. I was fortunate to have a couple of meaningful relationships in my life but now I am back looking, albeit low key. From my personal experience and preference I find a mature lady much more exciting than those that think they know the are eye candy and that's all it takes to find Mr. Right, wrong... A woman in her prime and to me that is 55 plus knows how to hold a conversation, knows how to carry herself proudly even if she doesn't have what TV and movies deem the 'perfect' body, heck, I left my athletic build somewhere years ago, but with a mature woman that is never at issue.

I find it extremely sensual when a woman dresses like a woman, showing just enough to arrouse curiousity and imagination and THAT is exciting, today's young women leave little to the imagination, and hey, a good imagination is key to the next steps in a relationship. My ex tended to dress 15 years younger than her age, which was a point of many conversations but my thoughts fell on deaf ears.

Probably the worst thing IMHO is when men or women wear clothes that are too tight, properly fitting clothes is essential, but I'll be brutally male and say my eyes will wander to nice cleavage, sorry but only being honest. The other thing is with an older woman if there is a connection we know as mature adults what we want, without the games, and intelligent conversation is so delightful with someone who has experienced life, and uses that as a positive even if it was not all roses.
A womans smile,the eye contact and her written words make a woman sexy in cyberspace...