I believe that being sexy has nothing to do or so little with the way we dress.....
We should always dress appropriate for the occasion.., ex.,no beach ensemble on the street, or evening gowns at the officie :P ,these are extreems of cours.

Being sexy I think is the way we put ourselves together,meaning, crossing our legs, un certain look in the eyes, and a smile that means something.....

The way we walk also has something to do., without looking cheap., just a nice lightly way of walking with our chins up.....

We must take good care of our hair, having them mostly long and shiny...., after all we are women and we should show that we are proud to be one in all the little details.
l strongly agree with that being sexy is a mindset thing, eating healthy has a great role to play too in keeping  sexy....regular exercise is also a regimen for maintaining a sexy life even after 70.

elizabethe2 wrote: I believe that being sexy has nothing to do or so little with the way we dress.....
We should always dress appropriate for the occasion.., ex.,no beach ensemble on the street, or evening gowns at the officie :P ,these are extreems of cours.

Being sexy I think is the way we put ourselves together,meaning, crossing our legs, un certain look in the eyes, and a smile that means something.....

The way we walk also has something to do., without looking cheap., just a nice lightly way of walking with our chins up.....

We must take good care of our hair, having them mostly long and shiny...., after all we are women and we should show that we are proud to be one in all the little details.
You were looking for a man's view, well here goes.  I guess firstly we will have to define sexy.  Just using a narrow definition of it being skin, cleavage and tight clothes worn by women of any age sends out a message to most men and you already know what that is.  I guess it depends on which type of man you are trying to attract.  If you are doing it to raise your self esteem - go for it, if you are trying to attract a sugar daddy looking for a trophy - go for it, if you want to be the center of attention - go for it.  Personally I feel your time and effort would be better put to use expanding your knowledge and intelligence on a variety of topics.  You would catch a bigger fish if you use a better bait. 
204bogeyman wrote: You were looking for a man's view, well here goes.  I guess firstly we will have to define sexy.  Just using a narrow definition of it being skin, cleavage and tight clothes worn by women of any age sends out a message to most men and you already know what that is.  I guess it depends on which type of man you are trying to attract.  If you are doing it to raise your self esteem - go for it, if you are trying to attract a sugar daddy looking for a trophy - go for it, if you want to be the center of attention - go for it.  Personally I feel your time and effort would be better put to use expanding your knowledge and intelligence on a variety of topics.  You would catch a bigger fish if you use a better bait. 

Who said that a sexy woman cannot be intelligent....., knowledgeable, etc...., where have you been living Dear Sir...., today's woman can be all of that.....just for you personal growth.....
204bogeyman wrote: You were looking for a man's view, well here goes.  I guess firstly we will have to define sexy.  Just using a narrow definition of it being skin, cleavage and tight clothes worn by women of any age sends out a message to most men and you already know what that is.  I guess it depends on which type of man you are trying to attract.  If you are doing it to raise your self esteem - go for it, if you are trying to attract a sugar daddy looking for a trophy - go for it, if you want to be the center of attention - go for it.  Personally I feel your time and effort would be better put to use expanding your knowledge and intelligence on a variety of topics.  You would catch a bigger fish if you use a better bait. 

With respect bogeyman you are denegrating men by implying that "most men" are so superficial that they judge ladies by their appearance and the way they dress. It might have been the case in the 70s but I believe that most men of today appreciate women for being themselves and expressing themselves in the way they behave and dress. I agree with elizabethe that attractiveness and sexiness is not exclusive to those who you consider have not "expanded their knowledge".
Sexy is a state of mind.For me personaly A woman in a long summer dress and sandals has that wow factor.Mature women know what they want.They give as good as they get.One of the sexyest women I know is 69 yrs. Men are visual so if they see a little they are interested.
Way to go Graham u are a man among men . Who ever said we as woman dress to attract a man . I for one dress to make myself look & feel good . so if I show a little cleveage it's because I a proud positive woman with no hangups . Come on Gearhead dresses down to our ankle's really . We are not back in the 40's i hope 
We do get some interesting topics in here. What comes across as 'sexy' to one person, may turn someone else completely off, depending on our upbringing, our biological programming, and yes, we are programmed as nature intended and a wide variety of other influences. We are attracted to what we are attracted to; I don't think we can change that nor do I think it's shallow or superficial to only be attracted to certain 'types'. Personally, I do not find Woody Allen attractive, many women do. Not everyone is looking for a rounded red head, with a penchant to pontificate. But, for the man who is.... here I am.
Awww Dria u say it so well . Any man would be a fool to let you slip away . My beautiful friend
In case Dria slips away here I am LOL :D
I totally agree with Elizabeth (from a man's view ). I also like it when a woman dresses sexy, but I find it way more sexy when she has that smile, legs crossed a certain way or look in her eyes. I think guys can look sexy too. 
From a woman's view I love it when men take care of themselves & look sexy . Just because we are over 50 doesn't mean we have any less sexiness maybe even more now that we are older . When young it's just natural now have to work at it a little harder  :D
Yes, one can feel sexy at any age.
There is a threshold, of looking sexy and looking .......

Nothing wrong with make up, dressing fashionable etc
If this makes you feel happy, feel good,never mind what others perceive, you know who you are.
To me ,this would show that a person takes care of themselves,has confidence,
If others make false judgements upon you ,well shame on them..

:) :) :)
I think that our sexuality doesn't depend on our desire to be or not to be sexual. It or is, or it isn't present. We are born with it. It is given us since the birth. It can't be made. It in us. It is called still as a libido. It is possible to emphasize with clothes sexuality, but to create clothes it is impossible. I believe that at each age you have to be dressed so that others looked at you, and it was pleasant to them. The clothes are our external cover. And it can be different irrespective of age.
Confidence is sexy, it's in the way we present ourselves and not so much in the way we dress.