Hi all,

I actually have felt my most sexy when I turned 50, I still feel very feminine and pretty. I like to have just a gentle wisp of perfume on and figure enhancing clothes. I feel younger and attractive!

singleme
Indeed we can and all should, 
Well, I'm 58 and far from past it.... Its how we feel about ourselves that matters... not what other people think.  
Being a woman at the great age of 56, I believe that I have more to offer now than I did in earlier years. Yes, I had the beauty of youth as we all did. Now I have the beauty of love. As for the way I dress, I dress according to where I am and what I am doing. I dress appropriately but stylishly. When I go out for an evening occasion I believe in playful yet elegant. It is all a personal choice. I dress for me.
I like Jessie's statement, "I dress for me."  First of all, define sexy. Then, check to see who is the source of this definition. Can I relate to this definition?  Society norms usually determines what is acceptable and what isn't, however as we can see, the norms change therefore how you view sexiness after 55 should be based on your ability to walk in the confidence of who you are and the image you project. In other words, your sexiness will come from within and you choose on the outside how to dress that "you" on the inside. 
Your evironment, your culture, demographics, education, etc all play a part in what you determine sexy to be therefore you express it accordingly.
Personally, getting out of bed without saying ouch has become sexy to me lol. Also, colors add sex appeal because it expresses how I'm feeling within. I love being a female so I tend to express it through colors and age appropriate dress according to my own unique style.  

And yes, long paragraghs like this is a turn off lol but it's who I am.  
I am currently 63 years old.  I remember when first being introduced to on-line dating and seeing pictures of women over 60 and thinking to myself, "I sure hope I find someone before I'm sixty because there aren't any that are attractive"
Now when I see pictures, particularly those of multi-generational women, I'll say, "she's quite attractive", then I look at the mother and say, "hubba, hubba", then finally when I look at the grandma (the poster), I say, "So this is the fountain of such beauty, I sure hope she responds to me".  There was one woman at 70, that struck me by her youthfulness and sex appeal.
As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  They should also say, for everyone, there is a season. 
Graham1 wrote: Well, Ive never been one to duck a challenge so here goes!
Firstly I think that different men are attracted to different attributes of a woman, whatever age.
I agree that sexual attaction comes from within, in that if a woman feels sexy she has an aura which is attractive to men. Also while I believe many men like to look at slim models with hourglass figures, this is just a fantasy and they would really prefer a real woman who can be herself. A positive attitude is also more attractive than a negative one as negativity can wear people down to a point where they lose interest.
Please tell me what you think

yes yes yes ....we can be sexy even after 65......I feel sexy all the time and like someone said it is also about attitude. Even when I was over 60lb overwt I still had THAT attitude. And it is important to me to find that man that is also 'feeling' sexy
seniorfemale wrote:
Graham1 wrote: Well, Ive never been one to duck a challenge so here goes!
Firstly I think that different men are attracted to different attributes of a woman, whatever age.
I agree that sexual attaction comes from within, in that if a woman feels sexy she has an aura which is attractive to men. Also while I believe many men like to look at slim models with hourglass figures, this is just a fantasy and they would really prefer a real woman who can be herself. A positive attitude is also more attractive than a negative one as negativity can wear people down to a point where they lose interest.
Please tell me what you think

yes yes yes ....we can be sexy even after 65......I feel sexy all the time and like someone said it is also about attitude. Even when I was over 60lb overwt I still had THAT attitude. And it is important to me to find that man that is also 'feeling' sexy

Sexyness like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.....
no one has the right to tell another how they should dress you dress the way you feel comfortable i know a lady who is 70 she dressess like she is 40 but thats her buissness she feels young and sexy good for her who cares what others think we cant stop society from being ignorant i like to see an older woman dress sexy if she feels that good about herself its on the inside that counts not the outside
I know this is an old topic, but thought someone might read my post:

My suggestion is to answer your question by asking a new one...what do women think makes a man sexy when he reaches his mid fifties? ..... and....why do you care if he's sexy looking??

I can say with certainty that you would pass me by on the street if I appeared to you as a homeless person, dirty, unshaven, tattered clothing and (perhaps) babbling incoherently.

On the flip side, if I showed up in a limo, dressed in a tux and had people fawning over me, you might think I'm some movie star and would be falling all over yourself with excitement and arousal....I dare say at the risk of error, that a man who appears successful and can offer security is what is what is deemed sexy, or desirable to a woman. I know of many fat, ugly, ill tempered men who have beautiful, young and sexy wives.

Now to relate my example to your original question, there is not much we can do about preconceived notions. Men think young, fit, beautiful women are attractive and want to 'do' them. duh  Older women who are interested in appearing sexy for the purpose of attracting a man must meet those same standards. Just be aware that there are not too many older women who can compete with what young women have. Clinically speaking, women of child bearing age are made beautiful so as to attract men.

I only started dating again recently and realized that all the women my age look like my mother used to look like when I was young. And trust me, I do not find it attractive or arousing. However there are some that are able to maintain a youthful appearance and from a distance can exude the attractive qualities of a child bearing aged woman. 

Ok, so now that I've made myself sound like a complete jackass, lets see what we can conclude from this synopsis: first of all, womans's first impressions of a man are all visual, second of all, a mans' first impression of a woman is all visual!! So the first thing a woman can do to appear attractive after her fifties is to get to the gym on a regular basis. Nothing says old like overweight! And color your hair..men want to go out with women they see as sexual, not their grannies. And yes, dress nice, not granny wear. Nice form fitting pants and sexy shirt/sweater/halter top and open shoes (pedicure!). Painted nails, makeup, perfume and earrings are awesome. No rings. Men don't want to see rings on a single womans hand. Finally, in your profiles or on dates, don't go on and on about how your kids/grandkids are your life. 

Its all about first impressions. Once you're past that, a good man will realize that a real person lives under the facade and will get to know you as the person you really are.  
You bet we can be sexy..There is nothing wrong with a little cleavage.The women I find sexy are full of life.They have that full of life attitude,They know how to make a man feel that he is important.Its nice to see a woman in a long summer dress and sandals.After all unwrapping a present is the most fun you can have.As far as being a man and being sexy.I think the ladies want to be with some who is successful first Some one who can communicate his thoughts,And knows that a woman is not simply for his pleasure.It is definately a two way street.
Sweet response
Cesles wrote: Can we still be sexy after 55 ? Or does society look at us and think....GIVE IT UP Grandma. I still like to wear make-up, jewelery and sexy clothes. Does that make me an oddity because i'm 56? What do you think ?? Do people look at me and judge me ?? My motto is live and let live but I realise that most people tend to judge a book by its cover so...........

Oh dang yes!!!! I discovered at the age of almost 61 men find me quite hot! I thought wow! Ya & got sexy sandals to boot. Never say die! You know what you got strut your thing with out being slutty! If you got it use it. Hey look up Matthew Hussey he is a relationship expert. He is on youtube & on facebook and quite the hottie, but real young, oh darn :(
gearhead wrote: You bet we can be sexy..There is nothing wrong with a little cleavage.The women I find sexy are full of life.They have that full of life attitude,They know how to make a man feel that he is important.Its nice to see a woman in a long summer dress and sandals.After all unwrapping a present is the most fun you can have.As far as being a man and being sexy.I think the ladies want to be with some who is successful first Some one who can communicate his thoughts,And knows that a woman is not simply for his pleasure.It is definately a two way street.

There are many ways of looking at that. Yes I agree with most of what you said
and yes it is good if a man is doing well, that is always awesome, but without love it's nothing.
I say if a woman has it she should show it, not show it off, so don't get me wrong.
A woman should also be of high value and show she has true character yet be able to show she has it when she wants to. Hey, a guy likes a challenge right. Why make it too easy.
It's all in the way you present the package, but only to the right person. :)
twangn wrote: I know this is an old topic, but thought someone might read my post:

My suggestion is to answer your question by asking a new one...what do women think makes a man sexy when he reaches his mid fifties? ..... and....why do you care if he's sexy looking??

I can say with certainty that you would pass me by on the street if I appeared to you as a homeless person, dirty, unshaven, tattered clothing and (perhaps) babbling incoherently.

On the flip side, if I showed up in a limo, dressed in a tux and had people fawning over me, you might think I'm some movie star and would be falling all over yourself with excitement and arousal....I dare say at the risk of error, that a man who appears successful and can offer security is what is what is deemed sexy, or desirable to a woman. I know of many fat, ugly, ill tempered men who have beautiful, young and sexy wives.

Now to relate my example to your original question, there is not much we can do about preconceived notions. Men think young, fit, beautiful women are attractive and want to 'do' them. duh  Older women who are interested in appearing sexy for the purpose of attracting a man must meet those same standards. Just be aware that there are not too many older women who can compete with what young women have. Clinically speaking, women of child bearing age are made beautiful so as to attract men.

I only started dating again recently and realized that all the women my age look like my mother used to look like when I was young. And trust me, I do not find it attractive or arousing. However there are some that are able to maintain a youthful appearance and from a distance can exude the attractive qualities of a child bearing aged woman. 

Ok, so now that I've made myself sound like a complete jackass, lets see what we can conclude from this synopsis: first of all, womans's first impressions of a man are all visual, second of all, a mans' first impression of a woman is all visual!! So the first thing a woman can do to appear attractive after her fifties is to get to the gym on a regular basis. Nothing says old like overweight! And color your hair..men want to go out with women they see as sexual, not their grannies. And yes, dress nice, not granny wear. Nice form fitting pants and sexy shirt/sweater/halter top and open shoes (pedicure!). Painted nails, makeup, perfume and earrings are awesome. No rings. Men don't want to see rings on a single womans hand. Finally, in your profiles or on dates, don't go on and on about how your kids/grandkids are your life. 

Its all about first impressions. Once you're past that, a good man will realize that a real person lives under the facade and will get to know you as the person you really are.  

You my good man have a lot of good points.
Me, I am approaching 61 just next month and I find men find me hot.
Which was quite the amazement to me after being with a guy for way over 18 years and the last 4 years he never paid any attention to me.
So I strive to do my best to look my best.
I have always looked younger than my age.
I think it's great wearing some thing that makes you not only look great, but look sexy.
Not slutty, not over doing it, but yet, wow!
Plus, a man with money is always nice, but
I've learned that with out love, money is only monitary things.
I left behind every thing not that long ago because of a lack of love.
I felt, why, why should I take it. It's just memories any ways and I don't need that.
So I left a whole bunch and only took enough to be comfortable.
And yes I would over look a bum I would. My standards are way higher than that.
I am a high quality woman with high value and expect to be treated accordingly.
Too often men figure they can just get what they want, like sex, and then leave.
I do not do that, give out sex.
I had a recent incident with a guy I got close with, it's a good thing he never got
what he wanted cause when he didn't get it he left.
So I consider myself blessed to have stuck to my values.