Oh ye of little faith! Most of our members do not use the chat but those that do often miss others because of timings.
I cant make it tonight as I will be at the Hollywood Bowl; not the one in California but a bowling centre in Norwich! :D
My faith has evaporated

Dodger
Graham1 wrote: I cant make it tonight as I will be at the Hollywood Bowl; not the one in California but a bowling centre in Norwich! :D

Like yourself, Graham, many of us have other things to do during our days than to afford time to stare at the screen all day.

Hope you win the game!
Yes the 7.30 meet was a case of staring at a blank screen

Dodger
I have met some lovely people on chat and I love communicating with folks from around the globe. I live here USA so yes Renegade is right about the need to acknowledge time zones.
venusianb wrote: I have met some lovely people on chat and I love communicating with folks from around the globe. I live here USA so yes Renegade is right about the need to acknowledge time zones.

Not sure what the time zones are on Venus! :lol:
Maybe you can suggest a suitable time for you and others in your area?
Graham1 wrote:
venusianb wrote: I have met some lovely people on chat and I love communicating with folks from around the globe. I live here USA so yes Renegade is right about the need to acknowledge time zones.

Not sure what the time zones are on Venus! :lol:
Maybe you can suggest a suitable time for you and others in your area?

Well, I am in South Dakota, USA, it is 6/23/19 at precisely 6:23 pm...don't know if that helps, but that's what it is.
Graham1 wrote: the club increased the minimum profile requirement from 65% to 75% which meant that many who preferred not to post a profile photo were unable to access the chat as they used to.

That explains why there are so few in the chat room. Easily resolved: The club could simply reduce profile requirements back to 65% OR all members wishing to chat must include a profile picture.

Simples.
I didn't realise there were restrictions on who enters chat. I do think the site should do more to facilitate initial contact between non paying members, who may then be tempted to upgrade to take things further, e.g. a limited number of messages per day - maybe 5?

But if we can't make contact that way, it leaves blogs, forums and chat. Blogs don't have a presence on the menu bar. Nobody goes looking for them. People are using the forums to message each other, irrespective of the initial subject of the thread.

As for the chat room, I've posted about this on another thread about them, so as regards dates and times, I think that's a great way to encourage cliques to develop.

Apart from the problem, mentioned elsewhere, of different time zones, who plans their internet time? I use sites like this to kill time. I may pop in at noon, I may pop in at 4 am. If I go into a chatroom, it's spontaneous, not by appointment.

To all those who are bemoaning the lack of people in the chatrooms I say practise what you preach. Use it or lose it.