Please post your dates and times for your friends and members to meet you in the chat room.
Examples.
I will be in the chat room today 2pm
Can anyone chat tomorrow 5pm
Shell we have a group chat next week.
Can anyone chat now ?
We can try this and see how it goes, hopefully we can get more members in the chat room and all have some fun.
Hi would anyone like to meet up in the chat room tomorrow 29/04/2019 around 11:30 am.
This sounds like a great idea about posting chat times and dates. One thing that has to be remembered here is that you have many individuals who are in various different time zones through out the world. A few hours ahead or behind makes a big difference. Being that I have been a member here for almost a month, I have chatted with a small number of individuals in the chat room. But, the many comments I am seeing from others when entering the chat room are that "there never seems to be anybody in here". I am passing along my comments and opinions. I am also available to assist or consult where needed when it comes to decisions and ideas. Thank you.
As our members are mostly from UK, Ireland and North America, it would probably be best to suggest 2 chat times at different times of the day to suit all? As many of our members work or are otherwise busy during the daytime, how about 7pm UK time(2pm EST) and 12midnight UK time (7pm EST)? Maybe also a later time for those further west?
MAKE A DATE
All members welcome to a chat date in the chat room.
TUESDAY 28 MAY 2019 7PM
THURSDAY 30 MAY 2019 12 MIDNIGHT
MEET YOU ALL THERE. :D
All new members who would like to chat in the chat room and ask questions about the site please don't hesitate to message me i will be more then happy to help.
Graham1 wrote: As our members are mostly from UK, Ireland and North America, it would probably be best to suggest 2 chat times at different times of the day to suit all? As many of our members work or are otherwise busy during the daytime, how about 7pm UK time(2pm EST) and 12midnight UK time (7pm EST)? Maybe also a later time for those further west?

The 7.30pm (UK time) chats are working well. More people are joining in, though numbers tend to fluctuate. Long may it continue!
Last night's 7.30pm (UK time) chat was well received with many joining in. The event is becoming highly popular now.
Last night's chat was so much fun. Graham led the discussions of music, films, gardening, hobbies and past-times and home improvement.

All members are welcome. Come and join us tonight at 7.30pm (UK time). We look forward to chatting with you.
:D
cerberus97 wrote: Last night's chat was so much fun. Graham led the discussions of music, films, gardening, hobbies and past-times and home improvement.

All members are welcome. Come and join us tonight at 7.30pm (UK time). We look forward to chatting with you.
:D

While I appreciate the gesture of welcoming all members to a chat session, I noticed that 2 members were not welcomed when they entered the room on the evening before last and subsequently left. I think it is important to make all members feel welcome, or it seems that the invitation is less genuine than it appears. I am well aware that it is common in chat rooms for some members to ignore those they might not see eye to eye with but I am hoping we can rise above this and welcome all who wish to join in. We have a rule of courtesy in this club to be respectful of all other members and if you do not agree on anything then agree to disagree respectfully. Thank you.
I agree Graham, chat should be an all inclusive forum. I would never knowingly ignore anyone, although I can be slow greeting sometimes if I'm midway through typing something in response to ongoing conversation.
Some welcome me when I join the room, some don't. I don't see it as anything but they have other things going on in the background. Same happens to me at times. Real life intrudes on the virtual.But still, there have been some very good discussions at the chat room dates recently.
I understand the new chat room word is parking which means waiting in the chat room for friends and members to join, so some time during the day and evenings I am going to try parking up for a while to see if some members come in for a chat :D
Carrie

I feel this is becoming a waste of time.

Dodger
Yes dod ☹️ it's beginning to look that way