Can anyone explain why there are so few members accessing the chat room? I miss the fun dialogues we use to have.
Leab49 wrote: Can anyone explain why there are so few members accessing the chat room? I miss the fun dialogues we use to have.

Hi Lea. I think it's more about timing as there are times when there are several chatters and other times when it is quiet. It has always been like than except for periods when a small group of people seemed to be there permanently!
Hi Leah I must admit I've not been in the chat room for a while now, I found some of the people were talking about others behind their backs and I didn't like that, I really enjoyed chatting when I first joined and used to enjoy chatting to you. If it goes back to nice chat I'd love to go back into the room. Hattonmews
minds.jpg
You have to be a registered member to view the files attached to this post.
I enjoy the chat room when the conversation is interesting or fun.
But sometimes it can get quite nasty in there and that's not my idea of entertaining group chat. It will definitely put me off being there.
If you click a name in the chatroom, Jilly, you will be offered an option of putting them on IGNORE. Easy! You don't have to read the nasty vibes and drivel of the unwashed. Don't allow them to have you avoid the room altogether and deny the rest of us your wit, compassion and intellect. Simples!
RickPrimi wrote: If you click a name in the chatroom, Jilly, you will be offered an option of putting them on IGNORE. Easy! You don't have to read the nasty vibes and drivel of the unwashed. Don't allow them to have you avoid the room altogether and deny the rest of us your wit, compassion and intellect. Simples!

Yes, I know, RIck, and in fact have mostly done that with one particularly nasty character - as he well knows. However, I found last night just generally distasteful - the sort of conversation I would always walk away from. The fact that it was condoned by others in the room was also rather off-putting.

People go into the chat room for pleasant, interesting, lively conversation. I'm not the only one put off when it falls far short of that.
A chat room is not much different from a group in person. Some will be entertaining and others might be annoying. Members have the option to communicate with whom they wish to and ignore those they don't!
Also, the room is monitored regularly and members also have the option to report in confidence anything which they think breaks the club's rules which are clearly set out in the Forums under "Announcements">>"Forum/Chatroom Rules and Netiquette". Thank you.
Hi Leab49. I'm a new member to the 50plus club. Perhaps you can help with my first chat experience. I entered a chat room and there was no communications visible to see. I tried to type a hello message but nothing happened for me. I am using a cell phone. I hit GO on my keyboard and hit what looked like enter or next line on site page next to my written content. Would be great to work it out and get chatting with someone.
Aside from the Sunday Quiz (which is cool) I never see anyone in the chat room.
GoldieBlonde wrote: Aside from the Sunday Quiz (which is cool) I never see anyone in the chat room.

It's a great place to go if you want a moment of silence, a bit of ME time with no interruptions :lol: