I was in chat for years then suddenly cant find how to get in and repeated calls to Graham go ignored

I was told by a chatter this site has a virus anyone with any ideas?
brian123 wrote: I was in chat for years then suddenly cant find how to get in and repeated calls to Graham go ignored

I was told by a chatter this site has a virus anyone with any ideas?

The site doesn't have a virus but some people's computers might have!
I did suggest trying a different browser to get in here but you managed to post here so cant you see the "chat" headline in your home page?
I could post here but not get in chat. Turned out to be browser as Graham says, for some reason some browsers, like Microsoft Edge, just don't like whatever flashchat software is.
Please get it sorted Brian old man - we need you in the chat room.

Tally ho !

Dodger
Dodger writes "Please get it sorted Brian old man - we need you in the chat room. "

Told Graham the same!

Sara says EDGE does not work and Applemac says Google/chrome does not work.

I had problems with Google/Chrome(page unresponsive message)... and found EDGE to be fine. Applemac is using Firefox.

Also, when the site changes were made which especially dealt with the chat sub-menu on the 50plus main toolbar, I had an almost identical problem. Clicking 'chat' did nothing|.

I did the following. Cleared all browser history/cookies, etc. This can be done in settings "..." /advanced tab for most browsers. It will force 50plus to reload new cookies onto your computer.

Update Java since the flashchat software which runs the chat program is java script based.

May help! Wont hurt!
google/chrome works on all other chats so fault is in this site
Brian, Brian, Brian..................xoxo
i cant get in tere
Brian

I have a theory that some do not want you here.

LOL

Dodger
Windows 10 seems to interfere with the smooth running of Google Chrome, probably because Microsoft are trying to force you to use MS Edge, I got round the problem with the built in MS Edge solution which opens the page in Internet Explorer instead.
Not that I seem to have time to go in chat much these days (again)
brian123 wrote: i cant get in tere

If its any consolation, the room has been mostly quiet except for the weekly quiz and occasional times members go in at the same time.
Did you try another browser? ; members in N America tell me that firefox works well in here
Sara2101 wrote: I could post here but not get in chat. Turned out to be browser as Graham says, for some reason some browsers, like Microsoft Edge, just don't like whatever flashchat software is.

Following an upgrade of 50plus-group some months ago, the chat feature on the co.uk site fell into disrepair and has never worked properly since. Ironically, the designers of the site have no idea why. There's a 2-step work-around that solves this problem.

1. stop using the co.uk site and use .com instead.
2. download and re-install your adobe flash player at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

It works for me on any browser.
:D
brian123 wrote: google/chrome works on all other chats so fault is in this site

Chrome works on all chat sites which use HTML5. It can work on sites which use Flash, but you may have to install Flash, which Chrome is ending support for at the end of next year. Google/Chrome/Android think Flash is bulky, insecure and outdated and are trying to persuade sites using it to use HTML5 instead - and given their share of the mobile phone and tablet market, they may well succeed.
Graham1 wrote:
brian123 wrote: i cant get in tere

If its any consolation, the room has been mostly quiet except for the weekly quiz and occasional times members go in at the same time.
Did you try another browser? ; members in N America tell me that firefox works well in here

Maybe the room is quiet because people are having problems getting in there and believe it's the site administrators' problem to fix it and not theirs?
The site editor is spot on with information of how to deal with the frustration of not being able to get into the chat room

https://www.50plus-club.com/magazine/health/anger-management-stopping-rage-before-it-starts-1865.html