And you r still alive?

I take tylenol often and lately been everyday and the reading is the same, always 2 hours after meals will give you proper reading and of course once a week or twice, I do a "fasting" reading, no change.
OnlyDavit wrote: Stardaisy

You might be interested in this.  I retested this morning without taking any tylenol yesterday.
30% drop. The question is does Tylenol cause false readings or does it promote cholesterol. If it promotes cholesterol then a lot of people are in trouble because it is a very common pain med.
Catch 22: Cholesterol is needed to make cortisone,  but if you don't produce cortisone and take prednisone it encourages you to make cholesterol. Beta blockers encourage the production of cholesterol. This is production, not ingestion. Your liver can produce cholesterol. So it would appear to call for a combination of low cholesterol diet and weight loss to get rid of the fat your liver uses and exercise to use up excess cholesterol. The problem comes in when people can not adequately  exercise. Also energy is supposed to come mostly from fat. More juggling. 
Big business promotes sugar as an energy source yet it is not in most cases. Refined sugar causes a quick insulin spike and then a drop. There is sugar in fruit and organic vegetables but it is released slow. Opposed to fruit juice which has no cholesterol reducing fibre. Again big business is pushing juice a bi product of the fruit and vegetable industry made from produce too damaged to sell otherwise. Bleached and sterilized and sold in aluminum lined boxes. Think of it as the wieners of the produce world. 
I make juice from my small apples, not damaged apples, those the bears can have. Juice is best used in a smoothy so you get the goodness of it and fibre. Less insulin spike too. Again here it is the fibre that reduces the cholesterol without wasting vitamins and minerals. 
I have to smile at the promotion of statin drugs. You are given the impression you can continue to eat all the wrong foods if you take these.  All statins do is reduce or stop your liver from producing cholesterol. Mean while you continue to shovel it in. Well why not, we do the same with blood pressure medication and diabetes medication. 

Sorry, only read the first and last paragraph you wrote the first time I post and I did it this way so that I can make your text larger for me to read.

To bad that you don't live in this city, the program here will teach people who can't do enough, there is a program on telly that call "Sit and be fit". You can sit and do your excersize or lay down in bed, there is a cheap product that you can buy and it call "Theraband" it is color coded for strenght and I believe there are four colors to choose from, right now I am on Green, Blue is next but I am in no hurry, and blue is the last strength you can use.

Juice is a no no as it has to much sugar, water is better, and the real fruit is best. Statins drugs stop the LDL, not the HDL. I can't take prednisone.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prednisone.

Any health professional will tell you to use splenda, I don't use much sugar, and yes sugar is to flow to your muscles for energy with the help of insulin, where as fat can cause strokes and heart problems as well as angina attacks. Insulin help the sugar transport to the muscles so that you can burn it off.

Ok off to do my nightly excersise.

P.S I use to weight over 300 lbs, since I been going to classes to learn and classes burning off my fat and eating right, I lost 100lbs in one year.
Here is some more info for you Dav

Your kidney is another organs that you need to take care of and below are links that will help you to keep it healthy. Diabetes is one disease that can cause kidney failure or kidney problems and you want to do everything possible to keep your sugar level in control.
People ask why do they call the red beans “Kidney Beans” one of the link below will mention about what the kidney is like and hence the name “Kidney Beans”.
http://cortisone-info.com/General-Information/What-is-Cortisone

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how%20to%20keep%20my%20kidneys%20healthy

http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2015/04/7-secrets-to-keeping-your-kidneys-healthy/

https://newsinhealth.nih.gov/issue/mar2013/feature1

As for Tylenol, it is safe and will not affect your sugar level, but to much acetamenophen which is in aspirin and Tylenol, can affect your kidney and this is why we shouldn’t be taking more then 8 per day.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/490679-does-aspirin-or-tylenol-lower-cholesterol/
If you are taking any kind of opiat at the same time as acetaminophen the max drops to 325mg four times a day. any more and you risk liver damage.  

I have been adjusting recipes to reduce or remove cholesterol from them and it is working. HDL---LDL ratio is more important than overall cholesterol. Some foods will change this ratio with out lowering total cholesterol. If you are on meds do not for a minute think you can now eat what you please. You have to be 200mg cholesterol per day or less. That is two eggs or one egg and buttered toast. No room for more during the day. Strenuous exercise plus cholesterol lowering foods will let you go to a max of 300mg. A burger and fries will put you over. Better to go over with fish or fish burger and salad or baked potato. But then if you are seriously into this you will be doing these things anyway. You can treat yourself to a cheat day if your overall weekly total is acceptable. 
Actually once you get used to the diet you will find some low or no cholesterol foods are good.  If the recipe says clarified butter use olive oil. Replace egg yolks with corn starch. Soy milk for cows milk. Don't overdo the nuts and grains, you will get fat. 
High cholesterol can kill you very fast if plaque breaks loose or it can kill you slow by overworking your heart causing you to have a shorter life. A year is not very long, you don't want to throw any away. 
It is a silent killer with no warning and you don't have to be overweight to have it. Smokers and drinkers are more prone even if they are skinny. And vegetarians though less likely are not always free.
So the drugs prevent your liver from producing cholesterol. Duh, you need some cholesterol, your whole body uses it. Well you will still get it from food but how much excess is sticking in your blood stream.
So this is just my impression over the last four or so months. Tests are showing it to work. I've reduced my cholesterol intake and allowed my liver to salvage what it needs. I've made it harder to do this by losing weight too. So right now I'm consuming less than 100mg of cholesterol a day. This means using high cholesterol food like cheese for flavour, not calories. Smaller portions of animal protein, less sugar and more grains (fibre) fruit and vegetables.  It means experimenting to keep meals exciting. It also means staying away from things that can turn to fat. It does not mean cutting out foods you enjoy it just means much smaller portions. Remember if you go out for a burger and fries that the cholesterol is in the burger and cheese and it alone is over your daily allowance for cholesterol. The fries will just add weight to your body. My advice would be to make this a one day a week, treat and enjoy it. It makes the rest of the diet more acceptable. And surprisingly there are a lot of very good low or no cholesterol foods. Just be careful with your balance, you do need all eight essential amino acids. Tryptophan is a very important one of them don't neglect it.
How well is this working. Total cholesterol has dropped from  a very dangerous 7.4 to an under borderline  at 4.4. But more important is the ration of low to high density cholesterol. I have more of the good than I had. Still aiming for 3. I figure it will take a few more month but will speed up when I can get outside and exercise, exercise uses cholesterol. And I'm not taking the pills, they gave me sore muscles and head aches. 
Don't forget Stroke.
Also, I am just learning that statins starve the brain of cholesterol, leading to some memory issues.

I have to drop the weight and increase the cardio to get my cholesterol  under control and stop taking those pills.

Learned a lot here -- thanks for the posts! 
I'm not doing the statins. The side effects are horrible.
Here are some things I've learned.
Your liver can make all the cholesterol it needs from fat. Losing weight reduces available fat. 
Muscles use cholesterol, exercise therefore uses cholesterol.
Olive oil increases HDL. therefore reducing the HDL/LDL ratio which is more important than actual level.
Soy milk is fine to cook with.
Oats, pumpkin seeds (Green ones) flax and sunflower seeds can be made into flour in a blender or processor.
The pectin in apples binds to cholesterol like all fibre with the advantage that it is an appetite suppressant. Helps you lose weight. 
Thicken puddings and sauces with corn starch instead of eggs. Don't use egg yolks.
Use olive oil in cakes and cookies by mixing it half and half with water and substituting it for butter or shortening. (You will not taste it)
Make oatmeal in a thermos overnight or in the morning, it needs a half hour only.  
Bananas are high fibre, but fattening.
Avoid juice, it has too much sugar, sugar gets converted to fat.
Lookup the cholesterol in foods on the internet. Buy a scale. Keep consumption to under 200mg a day 100 would be better. Use cheese in foods, don't snack on it.  
Use skim milk. Use cottage cheese in lasagna.
Make one day a week your cheat day to enjoy foods you can't normally have.
Nuts are good but have too much fat, limit them. This includes peanut butter.
Hard boil eggs and store in the fridge. Throw the yolks away for now. They have 180 mg of cholesterol each. This is very high. When your cholesterol is back to normal you can have four yolks a week.

Curried salmon with onions, celery and apple makes 100 grams of salmon go a long way with brown rice or a baked potato.

Tomatoes reduce cholesterol. Put more tomatoes and less meat in chilli and spaghetti sauce.  

Use only the egg white in spinach burgers and potato pancakes. Use mozzarella instead of cheddar.
Use only enough to taste it. 

Pain killers give you false test results. No pain killers two days before you test.
If you have your own test machine. Diuretics will give false reading, too small of a drop of blood will give false readings.  Tylenol will give especially false readings, Tylenol may also increase cholesterol levels. 

Add anything you have found to help here where we can read it.  Preferably personal experience. 
brothersun1956 wrote: Also, I am just learning that statins starve the brain of cholesterol, leading to some memory issues.

I have to drop the weight and increase the cardio to get my cholesterol  under control and stop taking those pills.

Learned a lot here -- thanks for the posts! 

I got diabetes from statin drugs (crestor)
There are other factor that cause diabetes other than statin drugs, you may not be taken that drug and still end up with diabetes.
OnlyDavit wrote: I'm not doing the statins. The side effects are horrible.
Here are some things I've learned.
Your liver can make all the cholesterol it needs from fat. Losing weight reduces available fat. 
Muscles use cholesterol, exercise therefore uses cholesterol.
Olive oil increases HDL. therefore reducing the HDL/LDL ratio which is more important than actual level.
Soy milk is fine to cook with.
Oats, pumpkin seeds (Green ones) flax and sunflower seeds can be made into flour in a blender or processor.
The pectin in apples binds to cholesterol like all fibre with the advantage that it is an appetite suppressant. Helps you lose weight. 
Thicken puddings and sauces with corn starch instead of eggs. Don't use egg yolks.
Use olive oil in cakes and cookies by mixing it half and half with water and substituting it for butter or shortening. (You will not taste it)
Make oatmeal in a thermos overnight or in the morning, it needs a half hour only.  
Bananas are high fibre, but fattening,
Avoid juice, it has too much sugar, sugar gets converted to fat.
Lookup the cholesterol in foods on the internet. Buy a scale. Keep consumption to under 200mg a day 100 would be better. Use cheese in foods, don't snack on it.  
Use skim milk. Use cottage cheese in lasagna.
Make one day a week your cheat day to enjoy foods you can't normally have.
Nuts are good but have too much fat, limit them. This includes peanut butter.
Hard boil eggs and store in the fridge. Throw the yolks away for now. They have 180 mg of cholesterol each. This is very high. When your cholesterol is back to normal you can have four yolks a week.

Curried salmon with onions, celery and apple makes 100 grams of salmon go a long way with brown rice or a baked potato.

Tomatoes reduce cholesterol. Put more tomatoes and less meat in chilli and spaghetti sauce.  

Use only the egg white in spinach burgers and potato pancakes. Use mozzarella instead of cheddar.
Use only enough to taste it. 

Pain killers give you false test results. No pain killers two days before you test.
If you have your own test machine. Diuretics will give false reading, too small of a drop of blood will give false readings.  Tylenol will give especially false readings, Tylenol may also increase cholesterol levels. 

Add anything you have found to help here where we can read it.  Preferably personal experience. 

I often wonder if you are some sort of drug store doctor Dav? Pain killers do not make false reading results I test my reading daily twice or three times a day and the same readings if I didn't take pain killers, I can speak for that as I take pain killers and get good results even the same result prior to pain killers. Bananas are not high in fat, but high in potassium as do oranges. Bananas do help you sleep at night if you can't get to sleep, it is a natural sleeping remedy. muscles use sugar which give the muscles energy to do things like exercise and so on, cholesterol change into fat and can cause strokes or plaque build up in your arteries and can cause Aneurysm and if more than 5 cm, it can burst and kill you. Cornstarch are high in cholesterol and not good if you are a diabetic and cause your blood sugar reading to go high and if it to high, you could pass out and go into a coma or have broken bones. Egg egg yolks are the good cholesterol and the Alberta Health Services are asking more people to eat more eggs and this include the yolks. Dav, I think the B.C. health services need to update on what is healthy and not healthy. You are giving out false information about Tylenol too, I take those as well as it don't affect my health either way. However, Tylenol can damage the kidney and liver if you take to many. Or are you posting this to get attention?
Yes know your fact and your health and ask your health personal about what you are taking is safe? Go and see a dietitian and they will be able to help you on what is right or wrong. Becareful of what you are reading on the net as it can be harmful for your health, ask your Doctor and any other health professional about your health and intakes.
So stardaisy you have high cholesterol and a machine to test it or do you think your Diabetes is so important you can overrun this post. 
Arm chair doctors are a pain in the ass. The fact remains, if you take in cholesterol you have to get rid of it. On the internet there is one post saying eat eggs for every ten that says limit their intake. If you have a high physical job and high physical hobbies and do not have hereditary high cholesterol eat eggs, but stay off my post because you are not who it is for. This was to help people who have dangerously high cholesterol. And it is based on fact, on what I know, not what I read somewhere. 
I have a machine, I test every two weeks. I have cut my cholesterol in half. I will continue to do what I am doing until it is normal again before introducing foods high in cholesterol back to my diet. This includes eggs. I miss a three egg cheese omelette. But I'm not having it just cause the internet says I can. I will when my cholesterol is normal again but only on one day out of the week. 
I'm intelligent enough to know the difference between doing something because it works and doing it because I want it to work. 

I've survived 28 years of Arthritis by doing what works, not what is supposed to work.  I take one blood pressure med, my brother takes four. Who is doing the right thing. I've been borderline diabetic and borderline osteoporosis for thirty years, I've watched people cross this line doing the wrong things. 

I've beat anxiety and panic without medication too. Which is good because I'm tired of people trying to sabotage what I do. 

As for this post, you have a choice, you can try this or not, it is your life, just keep in mind, most people are not aware they have high cholesterol  till they end up in the ER or dead.

This is a forum anyone can say anything, including me. And personal experience backed up by test results is a hell of a lot better than out dated information off the internet.  
I am not talking about arm chair doctor, I am talking about you being one (not an arm chair doctor) .
OnlyDavit wrote: So stardaisy you have high cholesterol and a machine to test it or do you think your Diabetes is so important you can overrun this post. 
Arm chair doctors are a pain in the ass. The fact remains, if you take in cholesterol you have to get rid of it. On the internet there is one post saying eat eggs for every ten that says limit their intake. If you have a high physical job and high physical hobbies and do not have hereditary high cholesterol eat eggs, but stay off my post because you are not who it is for. This was to help people who have dangerously high cholesterol. And it is based on fact, on what I know, not what I read somewhere. 
I have a machine, I test every two weeks. I have cut my cholesterol in half. I will continue to do what I am doing until it is normal again before introducing foods high in cholesterol back to my diet. This includes eggs. I miss a three egg cheese omelette. But I'm not having it just cause the internet says I can. I will when my cholesterol is normal again but only on one day out of the week. 
I'm intelligent enough to know the difference between doing something because it works and doing it because I want it to work. 

I've survived 28 years of Arthritis by doing what works, not what is supposed to work.  I take one blood pressure med, my brother takes four. Who is doing the right thing. I've been borderline diabetic and borderline osteoporosis for thirty years, I've watched people cross this line doing the wrong things. 

I've beat anxiety and panic without medication too. Which is good because I'm tired of people trying to sabotage what I do. 

As for this post, you have a choice, you can try this or not, it is your life, just keep in mind, most people are not aware they have high cholesterol  till they end up in the ER or dead.

This is a forum anyone can say anything, including me. And personal experience backed up by test results is a hell of a lot better than out dated information off the internet.  

I do have a glucose meter to test my blood sugar reading, it does not read the A1, it has to be done by the lab, I also have a blood pressure machine, it pretty accurate but your family doctor is the one that tell you if you have either low or high blood pressure and more accurate than the one that of anyone use either at home or drug store.
Image is what I am talking about.

You can give people false information and I am merely correcting what is right.

This is a forum for everyone to post whether you like it or not. It belong to every member of this site. :D
I also have a nurse an R.N. that I keep in touch and she keep in touch with my family Doctor and inform me what is right or wrong, she is pretty good at what she do. It is a pretty good set up and I see that Ontario is starting what Alberta has already started in human health situation
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/programs/metromorning/kathleen-wynne-budget-metro-morning-1.3465054.

Perhaps B.C. will be next?

Also there is a website that we can use as well.

https://www.diabetes.ca/

So yes I know what I am talking about as I take Classes to a better health and how to monitor our health and we have a pretty good set up from "Alberta Health". Since the NDP won the election last year in Alberta, they have made some good improvement with our health department, even putting programs in schools to educate students from all ages.

Anyone who isn't aware of they health can seek help and check out, soon enough the doctor will help, if you have a high blood pressure can be spotted or end up in ER because there are side effect to it and Cholesterol will be spotted upon examination, so I guess we are lucking in Alberta that we can spot problems with our health prior to death. Aneurysm painful and you can find out from ER about it by CT scan and the info will be forwarded to your Doctor. Brain Anerursim is most deadly because a lot of people there is no way to fix it. It is wise to see your doctor for a medical check up and he can refer you to someone. If not then as the saying goes "A Crack of a doctor". Usually blood pressure is spotted early to detect something illness as one might say. I know about Aneurysim and witness a lot of it with friends or relatives, some maybe hereditary and some not, but still go and see your doctor and check out your health and see what you can do about it. Nothing wrong with that.

This blood pressure machine was given to me by a friend, it way better than the one at the drug store more accurate too. The readings are the same as the Doctor's readings. All my meters are battery operated too. I also record my BP readings and compare it with my family Doctor, he said it all look good and keep up with what you are doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsRFXgoOsW4

You can also refer to this site and if in doubt, contact your family Doctor. As I notice you only mention heart and heart attack and neglect strokes and my primary reason to correct it.

http://www.heartandstroke.com/site/c.ikIQLcMWJtE/b.3484023/k.2174/Heart_disease__High_blood_pressure.htm?gclid=CKr7jsiKlssCFQiqaQod8D8IqA

No doubt American has a website as their blood sugar readings are different than Canada, and blood pressure website to help them understand what maybe wrong with them, also perhaps other countries as well?

I also have arthritis as well as Neuropathy Pain, so I can say what is safe to take for them, for those usually Ginger will help with the pains. Or Ginseng Tea that can help with alot of health situation. Chinese are pretty good at their medicine as well as first nations. I have a lot of first nation friends and grew up with a lot of them, so I know all about them and their history. :D

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/beverage/health-benefits-of-ginseng-tea.html

As for blood pressure meds, it depends on each individuals no matter if it family, and family doctor, some patience some meds work and some don't, it also depends on how active you are and your brother is, and his system how it works. Yes lifestyle has a lot to do with your health!

So it depends on if you are a hypochondriac or not, so a regular check up with family doctor is good and you can tell if there is something wrong with you if you listen to your body and have a check up about every three months to confirm what you have. :D Mental or physical or otherwise. :wink:

I too was told I was boarder line diabetic, then a diabetic prior to all the meds that you mention or anyone mention. I ate well and according to the meal plan by the Canadian food chart. Still didn't help me so ended up being a diabetic then HBP and take only one pill in the A.M. As you get old, your body parts will wear out and this can be the case for some.