anyone interested in cinema? I saw brothers recently .It was a good film but i thought the older daughter was outstanding , definitly one for the future
Hi Mollyd,

Went to see "Creation" this afternoon - loved it. Speaking of one for the future, check out Martha West who plays Annie, one of Charles Darwin's daughters.

Hope you enjoy it, too!
Cheers.
havent heard of that film over here yet .Thanks will definitly watch out for it
Rented "Up In the Air". A good story and George Clooney too.
Saw that film recently It was just fine!!!!! and the film was good too!
check out "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" early Loe DiCaprio and Johnny Depp - lovely film
Thank you for the tip, tgopera. Downloaded it and was impressed by LDC's performance. An honest and touching insight on the limits of love. Thanks.

To the 50Plus Pals who enjoy art / off-circuit films, I recommend "The Secret of Their Eyes" and "The White Ribbon".
why thanks you denise.mp!

I'm downloading them as I type .
Two more that I liked - slightly better known though...

The Black Book
The Fall

the latter is worth looking at just for the imagery - smashing photography and the young girl is fantastic...

I'm going to use The Fall in some of my lessons next year. :D

Have fun :lol:
Has anyone else watched The Kite Runner? I enjoyed that myself.
Yes, Sochin - definitely a good suggestion. Pretty intense. One of those few examples where the film is almost as good as the book.
Denise.mp wrote: Yes, Sochin - definitely a good suggestion. Pretty intense. One of those few examples where the film is almost as good as the book.

So...now I'm going to download the film and buy the book just to see if you are right! ;-)