I;m wondering If there are people who still love crocheting or knitting for their own purposes or maybe for sale? Last time I made a tablecloth for round coffee table in gold colour. But I can also cherish my table runner in creamy with roses, a butterfly and a dragonfly-a kind of a masterpiece.
It's nice to find someone who enjoys crochet and knitting there is huge range of free patterns on he net I ooze to make afghans  :)
It's nice to find someone who enjoys crochet and knitting there is huge range of free patterns on he net I ooze to make afghans  :) if anyone is interested in learning I can provide lessons for both men and women
I too enjoy crocheting, every week with a few friends of mine we get together for a few hours, chat, chrochet, knitt, share patterns, laugh & share :D
silverfox07 wrote: I too enjoy crocheting, every week with a few friends of mine we get together for a few hours, chat, chrochet, knitt, share patterns, laugh & share :D

that's very nice for you to participate in such gatherings :lol:
I enjoy crochet and knitting I wish there was such a group in my area.

I love crochet and the last few years I'm trying to make a living from it. I've really opened up to making new and creative things. I tried getting a group together but it didn't work out.
I've been crocheting and knitting for 50 years and have made hundreds of items for friends and family, but in all this time I have never, ever created anything for myself. I keep saying I will knit myself some wonderful jumpers, cardigans etc, but no, there is always someone else I do it for first.

Am I the only one who denies myself the lovely items I produce????
Hi. I also enjoy knitting and various other types of needle work. I too am often giving away the items I make and rarely keep one for myself. I have been scouring pattern and idea booke looking for the one special item That I will make for myself. Thinking about some kind of long coat .
Karen 
My sister is terminally ill. Knowing this she set out to make each one of her sisters a memory throw. Each one was different. It took her a while to finish both. Not only did she crochet them both, she also attached larges glass, metal and plastic beads. Each different, each personalized. I have never used mine. It hangs on the back of my deacons bench, in my line of site each time I sit at this computer, or walk through the room. It makes me smile. My daughter has already asked for it when the time comes to clear my estate. I think a project of love, if the most precious gift given.
Laurie
Laurie, you and your daughter will never forget about your sister, knowing that the final time of her life was spent thinking about her immediate family. A totally unselfish act, that will have far reaching effects. You and your sister are truly blessed.
Thank you for your kind words, and I know I have been truly blessed.
Laurie
Just to keep busy and my fingers nimble, I knit baby sweaters/bonnets/booties and I crochet baby afghans. I've try to sell them but people just want to give you a ridiculously low price for hand made items, so I usually just end up giving them away. I hit garage sales and thrift stores for my yarn and I have 14 ten-gallon tubs in the basement full of yarn. I just knit for the sheer joy of it. Right now, I have about 40 sweaters and 7 afghans and am thinking of donating it all to a women's shelter. Then I'll start all over again. Don't make any adult items, just baby cuz it goes so much more quickly and doesn't use as much yarn. :D
KarenMarie wrote: Hi. I also enjoy knitting and various other types of needle work. I too am often giving away the items I make and rarely keep one for myself. I have been scouring pattern and idea booke looking for the one special item That I will make for myself. Thinking about some kind of long coat .
Karen 
I like to give my stuff away and get it back that my girls have made