12oz vanilla wafers
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
2 (8oz each) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 cups heavy cream
1 box (3oz) orange jello
1 cup boiling water
1/2 powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Zest of one orange
1. Pulse vanilla wafers in a food processor until it resembles crumbs. Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar and melted butter, pulsing to combine.
2. Spray a 9-inch springform pan generously with cooking spray and press mixture into bottom of the pan and slightly up the sides. Chill in the freezer for at least 30 mins.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and 1 cup granulated sugar with a hand-held mixer until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together orange jello and boiling water until dissolved and set aside.
5. In a separate medium bowl, whip heavy cream, vanilla extract, and confectioners sugar until stiff peaks form. Combine half of the wipped cream mixture with the orange jello mixture and the other half with the cream cheese mixture.
6. Alternate spreading each mixture into the pan, starting with the cream cheese mixture and ending with the whipped cream. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
This is just of my favorite cheesecake recipes. Hope you enjoy.