Diana Ross
Sara2101 wrote: Diana Ross

Yup!

Which legendary British singer was awarded the OBE by the Queen in 1980 on his 40th birthday?
Only one I can think of is Cliff Richard
Graham1 wrote: Only one I can think of is Cliff Richard

and you'd be correct, Graham

In 'Mission Impossible' the tape always ended with a self-destruct warning, how long was it before the tape blew up?
Sara2101 wrote: Not sure where we're going with this. Thread is only a game, don't know where too many chiefs comes in. Isn't there only Graham and a couple of mods (Pearl and Dodger) or am I missing something?

You are missing something Sara in that Pearl and Dodger are Local Mods who organize member events in their areas and have nothing to do with the moderating of any other parts of the club.
complexicon wrote:
complexicon wrote: Anthony Hopkins based his portrayal of Hannibal Lecter in 'The Silence of the Lambs' on which British comedian?

[size=130]The correct answer is Tommy Cooper

Who left an all-girl vocal group, originally called the Primettes, to begin a career in 1969 and has become a top international star?

I didn't know that about Tommy Cooper although I met him once years ago at Great Yarmouth when a group of performers who were taking part in summer shows locally also took part in a late tenpin bowling session at Gt Yarmouth Bowl against local bowlers, including me! In the bar after we asked him for a joke and he picked up an ice bucket on the bar and threw ice cubes on the floor saying "Eskimo having a pee! :lol:
Even less chiefs then, just you Graham so still not sure how that can be too many.....

Anyways let's just enjoy the games.

I didn't know that about Tommy Cooper either, still can't work out which bit was based on him.

The Primettes singer has to be Diana Ross
Oh he's already said I got it right... :lol:
Sara2101 wrote: The Primettes singer has to be Diana Ross

Diana Ross is the correct answer

In 'Mission Impossible' the tape always ended with a self-destruct warning, how long was it before the tape blew up?
5 seconds
Sara2101 wrote: 5 seconds

Corrrrrrrreccct!

Name a mammal that lays eggs?
monotremes
Platypus?
Monotremes are a group of mammals that form the order Monotremata. Monotremes are the only mammals that lay eggs, but they also feed their babies with milk. The word 'monotreme' refers to their common rear opening, the cloaca.

Both Daisy and Graham are correct.

Where in your body is your patella?
Knee, yet another bone I've fractured previously.... :lol: