“Fine animal gorilla.”
~ Koko, the talking gorilla

Hanabiko “Koko” (July 4, 1971 – June 19, 2018) was a female western lowland gorilla who was known for having learned a large number of hand signs from a modified version of American Sign Language (ASL)
A perfect summer day
is when the sun is shining,
the breeze is blowing,
the birds are singing,
and the lawn mower is broken.”
~ James Dent
“I have a theory and I really believe it.
I think your worst weakness
can become your greatest single strength.”
~ Barbara Corcoran
In the library of your mind
Have you ever wondered why libraries have special atmospheres? They are places where many congregate but where silence is the code. Quietness in an atmosphere means there is the presence of quiet minds, and quiet minds are not only relaxed, they can concentrate easily and create more freely.

Imagine you are in the library of your mind, browsing the accumulated wisdom on the shelves of your life - listen to the silence, be aware of the stillness. Now you can really listen. Now you can really hear. Now you can really think. Now you can create. And behold, you are an artist. Did you not know that silence and creativity are lovers?
“Certain things catch your eye
but pursue only those that capture the heart.”
~ Ancient Indian Proverb
It is said that rest is best

Imagine an ocean of peace and silence and plunge into it.

Let your mind relax and enjoy moments of tranquillity.

Free yourself from wasteful thoughts.

This is the best type of rest.
Letting go and restoring inner peace

To let go means putting a full stop to all the mental activity with one simple thought: ‘I am a being of peace’.

Thought creates consciousness, so if we repeat this phrase slowly and attentively, our thoughts and emotions stop expanding and inner peace is restored. The essence of our being is peace – complete freedom from overload.

To return to this essential peace means observing the minds antics and deciding to put a full stop on them now; no lingering. Of course, the mind does not listen at first. We have to gently and firmly repeat the direction ‘stop’. If we do not, those wasteful thoughts will continue to take away our peace.

https://www.thoughtfortoday.org.uk/letting-go-and-restoring-inner-peace/
“You can’t connect the dots looking forward;
you can only connect them looking backwards.
So you have to trust that the dots
will somehow connect in your future.
You have to trust in something
– your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.
This approach has never let me down,
and it has made all the difference in my life.”
~ Steve Jobs

http://homeinsteaders.org/friday-june-29th-2018/#sthash.EOSTQ7ZV.dpbs
“If you want a happy ending, that depends,
of course, on where you stop your story.”
~ Orson Welles
Rest Easy

Rest does not come with sleeping, it comes with waking. This is both an insight and an action of enlightenment. When we are enlightened we realise that real rest is possible only when we become free of illusion and we no longer struggle against life.

Illusion is the idea that people should be, and do, what we want them to. The truth is, all is as it should be, despite appearances, or our perceptions of others to the contrary.This means you can be easy on yourself, easy with others and easy with the world around you.

Easiness is a virtue, an attractive one at that. It is much more influential than force. So quit forcing, end the struggling and…relax!
“There is not a man who,
when he has benefited his neighbour,
has not benefited himself.”
~ Seneca
Good Habits
Develop the habit of getting up early and sitting in silence. Read a peaceful thought and reflect on it. Write down some ideas about this thought. Return to silence, allowing these ideas to take root inside you. Share your ideas with a person close to you. This practice will help you accept and cope with conflicts and difficult situations. It will help you stay happy and peaceful for the rest of the day.
“In the bold and doubtful election
we were to make for our country,
between submission or the sword;
and to have enjoyed with them
the consolatory fact, that our fellow citizens,
after half a century of experience and prosperity,
continue to approve the choice we made.
May it be to the world, what I believe it will be,
(to some parts sooner, to others later, but finally to all,)
the Signal of arousing men to burst the chains,
under which monkish ignorance and superstition
had persuaded them to bind themselves,
and to assume the blessings & security of self-government.
That form which we have substituted,
restores the free right to the unbounded
exercise of reason and freedom of opinion.
All eyes are opened, or opening,
to the rights of man.
The general spread of the light of science
has already laid open to every view.
The palpable truth, that the mass of mankind
has not been born with saddles on their backs,
nor a favored few booted and spurred,
ready to ride them legitimately,
by the grace of god.
These are grounds of hope for others.
for ourselves, let the annual return of this day
forever refresh our recollections of these rights,
and an undiminished devotion to them.”
~ Thomas Jefferson
Real Gentleness

Real gentleness in a person is a great power. The power that sees, understands, but never interferes. Like the branch of the tree, just touching the earth but never taking root in it. Never to take root in someone else’s mind but to help, that’s gentleness.