yes, I agree with ellie. better some than none - just another way of saying it.

what's her worst case scenario; he develops dementia, alzheimer's, etc. and she has to take care of him. does she love/care for him enough to put his well-being and care BEFORE hers?
isn't that what true love is, to willingly sacrific oneself for the loved one? and if he becomes 'ill' soon wouldn't she want the best care for him?
she has one question to ask "how much do I care for/about this man" can I give up living an active lifestyle?"

there is a possibility that she will become 'ill' BEFORE him. and she will have him to take care of her.
I have met younger guys who were old on the inside and older ones very young on the inside.  It's all down to how you feel about this person and your gut feeling, so go with it, I agree that life is short so grab any bit of happiness that you can along the way.  Do not sit by the fireplace as a much older woman and think....'if only'.... just go with your gut feeling and take it from there.
I've always been the "older man," it seems, and you cannot believe the number of women who have turned me down without even meeting. Too bad for me and them, I guess, or maybe it just saved time. One thing I am certain of is that the women lost more than me. Too many were probably not that much in the upper tiers of the partners men are usually looking for.   Maybe this is only true of dating sites, where it is easier to find women looking for a relationship and it is also easy to share age and other personal information quickly. :o
Good luck George and welcome to the club but I notice youre in Virginia and we have very few members in the USA. Most of our members are in mainland Europe, UK, Ireland and Canada so it might be difficult finding a friend in your part of the world.
I PREFER DATING AN OLDER GUY THEY KNOWS EXZACTLY WHAT THEY WANT AND ARE SO MATURE IN THERE OUTLOOK.LIFE IS SO SHORT GRAB WHAT HAPPIENESS WHILE YOU CAN AND ENJOY EACH AND EVERY MOMENT.ALL WE HAVE LEFT ARE OUR MEMORIES.
I am 61 and new to the dating world ( again)! I think too, that age is just a number....if two people are compatable and have similar interests, and personalities...if they make each other laugh or smile every day..........then go for it! Life is too short to dwell on " numbers". Just a thought.
Hello

Age should not make a difference, if you both have commonalities, interests, feelings.
Go with what your heart, mind ,body and soul say.

:D :D :D
Age is just a number. My grandfather at 70 had more life and love in his heart and soul than most thirty year-olds I have ever met. He and my grandmother were fantastically happy their entire lives.

Disability can happen at any age. My significant other was in a car accident at age 31 and turned into an old man overnight. The toll on me over the years staying by his side was terrible. I finally feel ready to put all of that behind me, but frankly I am frightened.
No one seems to have mentioned it but  a 65 year old male, has a biological age  of 72 (7 years older than a woman of 65)...so if your  both 65  he is biologically speaking 72 years of age :? ...Something to NOT ignore! ....but please don't shoot the messenger ....we all know of of vibrant seniors and old on the inside young folks ..
to wait for the 'perfect'one will mean missing out on the 'perfect one' for you.

there are so many reasons to be attracted to someone.....age for us is irrelevant. It is the life experiences we bring to a relationship....we know what is truly important for us individually and as a couple to make it work.

Find the person that has same interests, goals, values and believes that communication is key and also to keep the romance fires burning.
I let you into a secret

My current lady friend is 51 and I am 62
My previous girlfriend 2 years ago was 42
she just could not keep up and when menopause kicked in with her tantrums that was the end.
If you are in good shape world is your oyster or lobster ; you have a choice.
I always say As you age choice gets wider :lol:
Dating an older man, nothing wrong with it, if there is love. Dating a younger man ? Oh yes... :D But the question will be reverse, what will happen if I get ill.... So there will be always questions... Age is only a number, love has no age... :)
As far are you both are compatible, age has no factor, if you love one another through good times and bad times, age as no factor.
Dating an older man when you are in your twenties is great......but as we age things change.  I have a friend who married a man 22 years older than her.  It was great until she turned 45.  Then things started to change.  He was no longer interested in sex and she was.  He looked more like her grandfather then her husband.  All the things they used to do together he was no longer either able to do or interested in doing.  She once said to me that if she could end the relationship amicably she would.  Well, she didn't end the relationship and instead she got ill!  I think there is a co-relationship.......what do you think?
buddy33 wrote: Dating an older man when you are in your twenties is great......but as we age things change.  I have a friend who married a man 22 years older than her.  It was great until she turned 45.  Then things started to change.  He was no longer interested in sex and she was.  He looked more like her grandfather then her husband.  All the things they used to do together he was no longer either able to do or interested in doing.  She once said to me that if she could end the relationship amicably she would.  Well, she didn't end the relationship and instead she got ill!  I think there is a co-relationship.......what do you think?

I guess this is when this wedding vows comes in "In sickness and health" Then all things will be worth it.