stardaisy wrote:
buddy33 wrote: Dating an older man when you are in your twenties is great......but as we age things change.  I have a friend who married a man 22 years older than her.  It was great until she turned 45.  Then things started to change.  He was no longer interested in sex and she was.  He looked more like her grandfather then her husband.  All the things they used to do together he was no longer either able to do or interested in doing.  She once said to me that if she could end the relationship amicably she would.  Well, she didn't end the relationship and instead she got ill!  I think there is a co-relationship.......what do you think?

I guess this is when this wedding vows comes in "In sickness and health" Then all things will be worth it. Lots of good memories to share if you are able to do it.
Hi  Loves_September.....It's a nice ideal you write about......but the truth is that it is not that easy to find a compatible man.  I believe the biggest problem we OLDER people face is STUFF.  We all have too much stuff.  When we are young we have nothing but each other.  We grow together, learning about each other and life and accumulating stuff.  Now at (me) 62 I have a house, all the stuff in it, money, children, grandchildren and friends and so does the person (usually) who you meet and may want to marry.  The handling of all these issues can and often is a deal breaker.
maxine246 wrote: To be clear, this is not about a young person dating an older man, but about a woman who is in her mid-sixties considering dating a much older man. Lets suppose his age is 75 years. What do you think, should she?

Her hesitation is partly around the practical matters pertinent to aging, such as possible failing health. And what are the prospects for such a relationship in terms of how many years might they have together? :?:

Rule number one is always follow your heart BUT having said that  we must keep in mind that a male is 6 (+/-a year )years older  BIOLOGICLY speaking (please dont shoot the messsenger )than a female by the time he is  60...Thus a 75 year old man would be well advised to mary a 6 year older female as they will travel the same downward health curve ( more or less) in unison...if she is in her mid sixties  statistics would say go for a late 50s male,as the benefits far outweigh the risks  ...and her friends will always wonder just where she got the stud muffin :lol: from ...cheers
Caution certainly but don't procrastinate to long as you may miss the best experience of your life , the chance to share your life with a caring soul mate. I have done it and it was one of my greatest joys. I am an 87 year old man !!
These post have made me smile. Older man...at my age they are on the endangered list. :lol:
Enjoy the hunt.
Laurie
buddy33 wrote: Hi  Loves_September.....It's a nice ideal you write about......but the truth is that it is not that easy to find a compatible man.  I believe the biggest problem we OLDER people face is STUFF.  We all have too much stuff.  When we are young we have nothing but each other.  We grow together, learning about each other and life and accumulating stuff.  Now at (me) 62 I have a house, all the stuff in it, money, children, grandchildren and friends and so does the person (usually) who you meet and may want to marry.  The handling of all these issues can and often is a deal breaker.

I have to agree with you "stuff".....best thing is then find a friend and companion....who accepts your stuff.....Can we really find that happy medium?
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just look on the soles of each others feet to check expiration and best before dates. Recent studies suggest that sexual desire dose not have to wain with age. It can be tweeked with romance and a willingness approach sexuality in a whole new way.  I do believe that shelve life is only important ic you intend to sit on the shelf. 
LifesaDance wrote: Wouldn't it be nice if we could just look on the soles of each others feet to check expiration and best before dates. Recent studies suggest that sexual desire dose not have to wain with age. It can be tweeked with romance and a willingness approach sexuality in a whole new way.  I do believe that shelve life is only important ic you intend to sit on the shelf. 

Yes and I agree I am not ready to sit on the shelf and also gather dust. :)
Graham1 wrote: I think we should ignore the age and consider more the person and personality. Age is just a number and older people can be young at heart just as younger people can be older in their outlook on life. I believe in living for today because we cannot know what tomorrow might bring.

what can I had to this ?  Graham is spot on  :D
morton1 wrote:
Graham1 wrote: I think we should ignore the age and consider more the person and personality. Age is just a number and older people can be young at heart just as younger people can be older in their outlook on life. I believe in living for today because we cannot know what tomorrow might bring.

what can I had to this ?  Graham is spot on  :D

Graham your so right about living for today and never knowing what tomorrow will bring.. ...so I say bring on the challenge! :) and  "Age is just a condition....we just have to grow old with it or we become a caricature"....( think Sophia Loren quoted this). There is no rule about how you feel when you are older anyway....be young at heart just roll with the punches....everyone should try to look for their ideal mate. We all have accumulated stuff along the way...and I would like to deal with any situation when its time too....but having stuff should not hinder me from having a best friend and companion because I know that they will have stuff too so why concern myself from having a beautiful friend who shares my most inner thoughts, having understanding, caring, loving and having fun as we go along....wow, I would crave for that anytime. And to add what LifesaDance says about shelf life....I do not want to lose out on anything if I can avoid it so no shelf for me please!.... :)