Thousands of disabled people are being made homeless by a lack of suitable accommodation, official statistics have revealed. For a decade, vulnerable people are being forced to live on the streets.

Government statistics illustrate that literally millions of those affected by lack of adapted housing are struggling, despite claims from the Ministry for housing that £billions are being given to councils in order to provide adapted housing for the disabled and to get them off the streets.

What is your view? Should more be done for the vulnerable homeless?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/disability-48433225/homeless-and-disabled-i-m-at-my-wits-end
More should be done for ALL homeless when it's through no fault of their own, but yes, the vulnerable should take priority.
Sara2101 wrote: More should be done for ALL homeless when it's through no fault of their own, but yes, the vulnerable should take priority.

Yes, quite, Sara. And nor should we forget the military veterans struggling to adjust back to civilian life, and the many living on the streets. Especially combat veterans beleaguered with PTSD. In the UK, the first port of call for any veteran in those circumstances is the SSAFA the Sailors Soldiers and Air Forces Association (link provided). It doesn't matter how long you served or how long ago, veterans are still part of the family and the benevolent funds are there for you. They have helped me several times.

https://www.ssafa.org.uk
Cerb,, i have taken in homeless people, families,, just to have them steal me blind,,,,who do you trust ?????????????? now i have 3 locks on both the entrance door and the back door....i would be happy to house a person in need,, but am very unsure....
blackwidow wrote: Cerb,, i have taken in homeless people, families,, just to have them steal me blind,,,,who do you trust ?????????????? now i have 3 locks on both the entrance door and the back door....i would be happy to house a person in need,, but am very unsure....

I'm almost tempted to make myself intentionally homeless now. Arizona here I come! :lol:
Cerb is highlighting the fact that it is difficult to separate the genuine homeless from those who made a career of it and prey on caring people; or in his case maybe dishonourable intentions!
Graham1 wrote: Cerb is highlighting the fact that it is difficult to separate the genuine homeless from those who made a career of it and prey on caring people; or in his case maybe dishonourable intentions!

It's difficult to have any intentions, Graham, when bw deletes smiles she receives :lol:
I for one, am very thankful that I have the VA to fall back on.
I may gripe about them from time to time, but owe so much to them.
By the way, the VA was established by none other than Abraham Lincoln.
tazwriter wrote: I for one, am very thankful that I have the VA to fall back on.
I may gripe about them from time to time, but owe so much to them.
By the way, the VA was established by none other than Abraham Lincoln.

Outstanding, Taz! 8)