alex59uk wrote: I believe that more than 95% of dating agencies' female members are an assortment of time wasters, gold diggers and dreamers in cloud cuckoo land, who keep waiting for that knight in shining armour on a white horse, who strangely, never shows up! I am sure that those females who are genuine, the 5% or less or who do not fall in the category I mentioned, may feel the same can be said for male members. My opinion, for what it's worth is that you cannot manufacture a partner. I think that dating agencies, in the main, are just a production line for manufactured meets that paradoxically never happen. As such, I think that the vast majority of them are just a money making scam for opportunists, whose members are a mere number that contributes to their income. Hence, as I've always said, if you don't meet somebody by a twist of fate, i.e. a chance meeting in a park, museum, supermarket, or dare I say it, at arranged group meets such as on this site, then, sadly, it ain't gonna happen.

Hi,
That is really sad to hear as I just paid a membership fee - hopefully I will be able to come back and tell you otherwise. Keep positive, show your genuine side and be brave enough to trust your instinct.
Good luck at the supermarket (which is the best aisle for meeting people btw?)
Hi . I think that perhaps the frozen food section would be best.LOL we stay fresher there.
Can't see painting all the people here with the same brush.
I think your or our success depends on the attitude that we bring with us. Sure you have to be careful but that applies to everywhere.
I for one am hopeful and open to meeting people. This venue is great if you come to it without prior expectations of finding instant, fairytale love or friendship. We are all different and this makes for an interesting journey . relax and enjoy the trip/adventure.
Karen 
I think we have been taught by tv, movies, radio, and even our own peers that we will have it all, find it all, when we put even a toe into the pond. Bottom line, this is life, enjoy it, relish it, and remember most knights are tarnished but that is why we have Brasso.
Laurie
Well I am new to this site. I have tried other dating sites and haven't met anyone, however, my girlfriend is getting married in May. She met her fiance on a dating site. I still believe someone is out there for everyone.
I know people that have met and married online. Their matches are still solid. I dont think love has to do with the where, all it has to do with is the how.
Laurie
Yes, dating sites work, I've enjoyed them immensely!

Another great way to meet a fun guy is to scope out 'busy times' at the "Beer Store" then ask the attendant if he knows the directions to a golf course, if you're more into the serious type, hang around the magazine rack of your nearby Library or if you're into a dude who's a master in the culinary arts, cruise the produce section on a Saturday night!

I'm having more fun in the dating world at this age than I did when I was a teenager!
Just remember to keep your sunny side up and both hands on the wheel!

*+*Cheers*+* and *+*Good Luck*+* to all! :D
Well said Moondimple.

I am over 70 and met some very interesting people on this site, female as well as male. Although not looking for a "partner" I have made some very good, genuine friends who have helped me through both good and bad times.

There are some success stories amongst my "friends" proving dating sites do work so open your minds as well as your hearts.........and ENJOY :D
very true Full hope springs eternal
moondimple wrote: Yes, dating sites work, I've enjoyed them immensely!

Another great way to meet a fun guy is to scope out 'busy times' at the "Beer Store" then ask the attendant if he knows the directions to a golf course, if you're more into the serious type, hang around the magazine rack of your nearby Library or if you're into a dude who's a master in the culinary arts, cruise the produce section on a Saturday night!

I'm having more fun in the dating world at this age than I did when I was a teenager!
Just remember to keep your sunny side up and both hands on the wheel!

*+*Cheers*+* and *+*Good Luck*+* to all! :D

Yes moondimple I also have to agree with you that I am also having fun on dating sites at this age. I go with the flow and take everything in my stride. I should call you Ms. Tips because you have given some very interesting hangouts that I might consider probing.
TheLadyL wrote: I think we have been taught by tv, movies, radio, and even our own peers that we will have it all, find it all, when we put even a toe into the pond. Bottom line, this is life, enjoy it, relish it, and remember most knights are tarnished but that is why we have Brasso.
Laurie

Laurie my dear I should call you Ms. Witty because you brighten up my day! 8)   
LadyCruella wrote:
alex59uk wrote: I believe that more than 95% of dating agencies' female members are an assortment of time wasters, gold diggers and dreamers in cloud cuckoo land, who keep waiting for that knight in shining armour on a white horse, who strangely, never shows up! I am sure that those females who are genuine, the 5% or less or who do not fall in the category I mentioned, may feel the same can be said for male members. My opinion, for what it's worth is that you cannot manufacture a partner. I think that dating agencies, in the main, are just a production line for manufactured meets that paradoxically never happen. As such, I think that the vast majority of them are just a money making scam for opportunists, whose members are a mere number that contributes to their income. Hence, as I've always said, if you don't meet somebody by a twist of fate, i.e. a chance meeting in a park, museum, supermarket, or dare I say it, at arranged group meets such as on this site, then, sadly, it ain't gonna happen.

Hi,
That is really sad to hear as I just paid a membership fee - hopefully I will be able to come back and tell you otherwise. Keep positive, show your genuine side and be brave enough to trust your instinct.
Good luck at the supermarket (which is the best aisle for meeting people btw?)

I like your optimism because if we do not display this positive side....how will we attract someone. No one wants doom and gloom....don't concern yourself with some opinions here about the site being a time waster because its all in your thinking. If you come with a good attitude chances are you will attract and even if you don't meet your man the very fact you came here to see what it is about. We all take chances....sometimes it works out and other times it does not. As for me....I merely go with the flow and "what will be will be the future is not ours to see............" 
Chokko wrote: I do not know, but I am sure we can find real nice friends. I do find some....   Life do not end at 50....   :)

I agree with you Chokko.. I am new to this site and I think I can find it here.  I have been to other sites but I was not lucky but I did not just stop there.  I entered in this site so I can find gentleman and respectful here... passionate
Good luck to you but my feeling is do not expect too much....make friends that is what this site is about.
LadyCruella wrote: Hi,
That is really sad to hear as I just paid a membership fee :D - hopefully I will be able to come back and tell you otherwiseImage. Keep positive, show your genuine side and be brave enough to trust your instinct.Image
Good luck at the supermarket

Q: (which is the best aisle for meeting people btw?)
A: I found Safeways in the USA (Vons) for some reason they have the Cliff Bars in the same isle as the tampons.....Image but true. The possibilities are endless.

I personally would go to the meat market rather than the supermarket (Image) and after chatting her up to make her laugh I would say something like "fancy meeting you in the meat market". Variations of this works in other places too; like speed dating places, or even singles bars etc. (Not that I have time to frequent those places). However the research has shown that the shift is from supermarkets to places like "Home Depot" in the USA or "Do It All"in the UK. Apparently women think that is the place to go.Image Personally I have yet to experience. My personal experience is that all the best girls are so far far away just like the best crop of apple appears to be on the top of the trees.....out of reach :(
Broadcaster wrote:
LadyCruella wrote: Hi,
That is really sad to hear as I just paid a membership fee :D - hopefully I will be able to come back and tell you otherwiseImage. Keep positive, show your genuine side and be brave enough to trust your instinct.Image
Good luck at the supermarket

Q: (which is the best aisle for meeting people btw?)
A: I found Safeways in the USA (Vons) for some reason they have the Cliff Bars in the same isle as the tampons.....Image but true. The possibilities are endless.

I personally would go to the meat market rather than the supermarket (Image) and after chatting her up to make her laugh I would say something like "fancy meeting you in the meat market". Variations of this works in other places too; like speed dating places, or even singles bars etc. (Not that I have time to frequent those places). However the research has shown that the shift is from supermarkets to places like "Home Depot" in the USA or "Do It All"in the UK. Apparently women think that is the place to go.Image Personally I have yet to experience. My personal experience is that all the best girls are so far far away just like the best crop of apple appears to be on the top of the trees.....out of reach :(

Hi B,
:lol:
Thanks for spicing up my words.
I much prefer it your way.
x