Some people just post on the forum once, and then they get the attitude that "it doesn't work".  We have to make a good effort to become known and liked by others.   The ones that believe they are going to find a mate just by them looking at your photo and stars start popping in your head, better think again.  We are over 50 and it doesn't work that way. :wink:
I know what you mean Jessy but I met mine on here just as friends at first for several months, then it just happened and we have been together ever since
I agree it is very difficult to meet men this way.  Usually the men I meet that I'm attracted to are not 
the type that all the other women fall for.   A picture and description without the 
personality thrown in is doing nothing for me.  I'm lacking in girlfriends who know
single men so it's a very challenging situation to be in.  Any advice out there?
I haven't really found any local clubs I've wanted to join so far but I'm hoping
To golf this summer.  
annie27940 wrote: I know what you mean Jessy but I met mine on here just as friends at first for several months, then it just happened and we have been together ever since

No kidding Annie, that is awesome.  I hope I meet someone nice.  By the way, you have a great gallery! :)  
lookng4U wrote: I agree it is very difficult to meet men this way.  Usually the men I meet that I'm attracted to are not 
the type that all the other women fall for.   A picture and description without the 
personality thrown in is doing nothing for me.  I'm lacking in girlfriends who know
single men so it's a very challenging situation to be in.  Any advice out there?
I haven't really found any local clubs I've wanted to join so far but I'm hoping
To golf this summer.  

Hi there Lookng4U.  Welcome to 50Plus.  Yes, a picture sure won't tell the whole story.  I like to see a nice big friendly smile when I look at a photo.  I love to laugh and be happy.  Can't stand grouchy people.

I bet you will find someone golfing.  Lots of men love to golf.

My problem is that I don't know what to talk about by message when I first meet them.  I don't like to fire questions at him right off the bat. 
Meeting men is not difficult. It is what women have preconceived from their teen age life and have evolved the issues.

Trust me I am your doctor (says he). Exactly the same "My butt is too big" statement gets replaced with "I am too old" or "My hair is not straight"gets replaced by "which wig to wear today?".

I have never ever have had any problems meeting any women; younger or older. The other day I was saying the same thing I think on.... is it the chat? .........and a moron who I cannot even remember his name called me narcissistic and arrogant. I am none of those but may be an alpha type. Many times I have met someone in a book shop or even a furniture shop and within 10 minutes (exaggeration.... more like 30 minutes) we have been sitting having coffee. I think he was just jealous but who cares I have been called worse. All I can say to the guy is eat yer heart out man.

Neither do I consider myself attractive, nor do I have any six packs. The only six packs I have are in the fridge (only for visitors I generally don't drink too often). I don't consume pigs pheromones' so how comes I have no issues. I have never had issues meeting women. If a woman here moves to Southern California may be we can have a cup of coffee. As long as she doesn't mind the dog and my boys.

Now I guess this will put the cat amongst the pigeons

Mutley Boy ?

Wow! I literally joined this site about an hour ago and trying to figure it all out. I hope to find friendship but would love to develop a relationship with someone. However, the 2 forums I opened have both had such negative posts, I am wondering if this is for me. I was married 40 years and trying to figure this single thing out again with great hope to make some friends and fill some lonely evenings talking to folks with common interests. I am sure there are some nice folks on this site, BUT? I do not want to fill my evenings with negative chit chat. I am OK with a great debate and Ok to disagree, but my first impression is not a great one. Help prove me wrong.
Why don't you try Chat.  That is the best place to meet new and interesting people.  The forums are not used very much.  Chat is during the morning and evening mostly.  Great people in there.

And, if you see any negativity that you don't like, just SOB (scroll on by) until you find the more positive posts to brighten your day....... :mrgreen:  

Chat entrance is at the bottom right of your opening page.

Welcome to 50Plus. 
I haven't had great experiences on dating websites I have to say.  This is why I rather like the idea of this site.  Some of you worry about being over 50 and I was 60 this year - although darned sure someone made a numerical error!  Say 60 and people still think "grandmother, twinset and pearls" - in my case, it's more "go faster stripes for my mobility scooter" - err...perfectly good legs just in case you wonder whether that was a joke or not :-)

Life is a wonderful gift full of lovely people that you can meet anywhere, anytime - guess who is the positive glass half-full person.  I would love to meet someone special but really happy making friends too.  You can't have too many friends in my book. 

Although I have known about the site for a while, it is only in the past couple of days that I have started to get to grips with it.   Looking forward to making lots of new friends.
I am new to all this stuff and don't really know where to start. But ya have to start somewhere so here is as good as any other I guess. My niece meet her husband on an online dating site and they are happily married for almost 3 years now, so I guess it can happen. :)
Why is it all the women have pictures and none of the men do? Huh makes me wonder?
[b][/bNoooooooooooooooooooo you have to find someone for ur self & pray ya meet someone civilized ...... but most folks are looking for Barbie & Ken partners . I just dont know how to brake the news,,, Barbie's is all grown up with 9 kidds mow she weight's almost 300 lbs...& Ken is all bald headed he works in the sewer system then sits on the sofa drinking beer & screamimg at Barbie to bring him another cold one ........................in other .words pray daily and ask God to help ya find A good Christian partner :mrgreen: ]
lookng4U wrote: I agree it is very difficult to meet men this way.  Usually the men I meet that I'm attracted to are not 
To golf this summer.  

Thats cause :D yall looking for A Knight in shining armor ...... they dont exsist anymore,,,,since Henry Ford invented the autumobile...... now us men can travel ferther to find good loving and dont have to worry who ur attracted too
:lol: :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   

Dear Lord, please bring me a man like mx, except either make me 20 years younger or turn his hair white and make him bald. 
Life has many twists and turns....I believe that this is a good site to chat and get to know someone from the inside out....God willing if you are meant to meet that special person they will be put in your path.....have fun, chat, relax and life will happen....