Greetings to All -

Wondering if any members are interested in a discussion here in the Mind and Spirit forum on end-time prophecies and events. I've studied prophecy for forty years; just wondering if anyone else is interested in this topic, especially in light of what's currently taking place in and around Damascus, and with the countries currently gathered exceptionally close to the Levant, in view of the book of Ezekiel.

Peace to all.
Though the many quatrains of Notradamus are so cryptic they can be interpreted in many different ways, there are positors and scholars who have researched his works and believe those predicting the beginning of end times in this 21st century are uncannily accurate.

For example, Nostradamus wrote;

From brick to marble, the walls will be converted,
Seven and fifty peaceful years:
Joy to mankind, the aqueduct renewed,
Health, abundant fruits, joy and honey-making times.

I propose that it is clear the fifty peaceful years alludes to the 57 years between the end of WWII and 2002 and Desert storm, and a build up to the troubles in the Middle East.

It could be argued that the 9/11 attacks and a subsequent War on Terrorism represent the opening battles in a conflict that could eventually escalate to World War III, especially since the 16th-century physician, astrologer, and prophet wrote that;

Of beyond the Black Sea and of the great Tartary,
A king comes who will see Gaul,
Piercing across Alania and Armenia,
And within Byzantium he will leave his bloody rod.

Naturally, it gets much worse when Nostradamus predicts the destruction Rome and relocation of the Pope, with;

For seven days the great star will burn,
The cloud shall make two suns to appear:
The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff changes country.

Make of it what you will.
Cerberus -

I had a Civics teacher, old Mr. Godwin. When he'd ask a question to which no one even garnered a guess, he'd say, "Don't just sit there with those looks on your faces; if you don't know the answer, raise your hand and claim ignorance!" Lol.

I'm afraid when it comes to Nostradamus, I have to raise my hand and claim total ignorance. I've certainly heard of him and of his writings, but I've never read them.
HoosierGirl wrote: Cerberus -

I had a Civics teacher, old Mr. Godwin. When he'd ask a question to which no one even garnered a guess, he'd say, "Don't just sit there with those looks on your faces; if you don't know the answer, raise your hand and claim ignorance!" Lol.

I'm afraid when it comes to Nostradamus, I have to raise my hand and claim total ignorance. I've certainly heard of him and of his writings, but I've never read them.

Nostradamus was a visionary. He predicted his own death. Then died. :)
cerberus97 wrote:
HoosierGirl wrote: Cerberus -

Nostradamus was a visionary. He predicted his own death. Then died. :)

Aha! So he WAS a prophet, lol. And here I always believed John the Baptist was the final one. T'aint so, apparently. :)