More and more people are spending time on the Internet, and many are striking up friendships in chatrooms. Some feel this is a wonderful way to develop new relationships; others warn it may be risky. People in general, but mostly teenagers, are big on computers. They like to spend hours surfing on the Net or talking in chat rooms. I think this pervasive attitude is increasing because people are finding in the chat rooms what they can't find in their real life. But, people have to be wary of the problems or consequences it can cause. Striking up Internet friendships can sometimes be dangerous. You may find friends there, but what kind of friends could they be if you don't even know them? It can sometimes be dangerous. You may get so involved with some friends in the chat room that it can cause you to do crazy things. There was a case of two teenagers who struck up a friendship in a chat room and drove miles away from their homes to meet each other. Fortunately, nothing bad happened, but this could have ended in a tragedy. So we shouldn't abuse the use of the Internet. I suggest that you have friends from school or other places as well as virtual friends through a computer. Friendship is a very positive relationship between two or more persons. It starts in the neighborhood at school during leisure or professional activities. People need to confide in someone, to trust somebody else. Nowadays, there are computers and the Internet. It would be sterile to ignore this wonderful instrument. The neighborhood becomes the world, and I can organize my birthday party in my private chat room with my friends from all over the world. Isn't it wonderful? I cannot see the danger if the relationship is just friendly. Well-balanced people can surf and chitchat or choose a thematic room and stay in this room without problems. Sure, there is a temptation to play and transform the reality, even indeed the identity, but it could also be a magic place to express a lot of wonderful things. This can be found in some websites applications like Facebook , Whatsapp , ArabChat , Viber and other apps. I think that virtual friends can be real. Sometimes they might be our friends when we feel upset and nobody close to us. A virtual friend might help us forget sadness, but we should think carefully that maybe the people whom we talk with on computers are pretending when they contact us. They might be lying about everything they tell us even though we are talking about real things. We actually don't know people whom we have never met. That's why we call them "virtual" friends. A virtual friend might be a good friend for others.When I connect with a virtual friend who expresses his or her idea, I don't know if the idea is real or not. So, in my opinion, a virtual friend is just for fun. Maybe you can make some new friends through the Internet, computer chat rooms, and e-mail. I think the advantage is that you can express something weighing on your mine, no matter what it is, to let out your emotions and not have to care about who the person is. However, the disadvantage is when you tell something to a virtual friend and want them to help you to solve a problem, they may not be serious or care about you. It might also be risky because the person whom you chat with might not be a good person, so be careful while you are chatting with a stranger.n If you are a shy person and usually have difficulties getting along with other people, it can be easier to communicate with virtual persons because you don't need to see them personally. You can find someone who has the same hobbies and interests in life. You may become more self-confident. You might learn a lot from other people using the Internet. You might have tons of virtual friends, and you can lose them. You will not be upset about it, however, because sometimes you don't even know their real names. On the other hand, if you lose even one of your real friends, you will be sorry about it for the rest of your life because real friends usually come through life with you.
Thank you for your post. Much food for thought to be found in your message. I even took a trip down memory lane thinking about how the internet has developed and changed over my life time.
Thank you Ramaaa!!! Internet is a virtual world that had change my life. I remember the first time I used it. I knew nothing, and even how to use it. I didn't even know what was a scammer. The Internet is useful when it use properly. People come and go, but true friends stay. It is a magic world... Imaginary world... Virtual world... It is a huge open window on the world. Always be careful... There are fake people, but also true people on the other site of the "little black box"...