I just wonder why sometimes people ask to be friend here, but few days later they delete themselves of the friends list. Is it because they ask for Skype or email and I do not give it do them right away.... or maybe they just change their mind.... Does it happen to you to lost a friend....
Yes, it has happened to me. I have been asked for my email and I wasn't comfortable to do so, they dropped me. Some asked for my phone number too which I did not give. That's o.k.
Sorry for that Seashells. :( Right, it is very ok. Anyway, even with email or skype they will probably dropped us few days later too. Always good to be careful.
When ever contact with me is made with a woman whether it be for friends or in hopes of deeper relationship through sites of this nature. I will freely give my email, phone # , address first , but not right away but in time that is so that she can verify I am who I say I am. I usually give my proper name right away though but I never put pressure / ask for the same info right away but leave it up to her to decide when to share that info. In my past on  occasion 1 or 2 months have passed before receiving  a direct email after giving  mine or receiving phone calls with the name and number blocked for a couple of months . I always encourage it. A good  or potential friend will not pressure you and will accept you on any terms you set. With me,  making friends with men online is a bit easier than for you Chokko or you Seashells however I am still cautious. There are women that are no better than men and will do and react the same way as you both describe. .
Thank you ThePainter for your reply. :)
My two cents, friend online is completely different then the friend you grew up with.  Online it means, I liked our conversation. I'm looking for a friend. Please, talk with me again. I'm lonely...

Eventually, it may lead to email, phone number, skype... and a real friendship.  However, the term is really the way, face to face, what we say is, okay, I'm interested.  No more no less.

the same for me,even to a point where I have tried to send a message only to find out they have banned me, can't please everyone   I have had a meetup with friends I have met on here and they were lovely people I intend do to have more meetups, when the weather gets warmer   I hate the cold :lol:  but I do wonder do people really read your profile to see if your looking for a relationship or friends   :? I do have to agree it is better to be safe then sorry when asked for your email or number. 
Thank you Larry. I agree with you. :) Thank you Morton. Sometimes they blocked us for no reason when they go away, :( but it is ok. Follow your heart. If it seems not good, it usually is. I always read all the profils even the ones with no pic... I do it all the time. :) Usually there is no mistakes as they usually know before I added them that I am looking for friends.
Chokko wrote: Thank you Larry. I agree with you. :) Thank you Morton. Sometimes they blocked us for no reason when they go away, :( but it is ok. Follow your heart. If it seems not good, it usually is. I always read all the profils even the ones with no pic... I do it all the time. :) Usually there is no mistakes as they usually know before I added them that I am looking for friends.

Please do not assume that other members know you are looking for friends only as many assume this club is for dating only and have not read your profile!
Right Graham. I agree that some do not know. . But for the ones who ask me on private chat, I always told them, so they really know. They know before I added them, and it is ok with them. They also know that I can be open to a relationship... I respect people who want only a relationship, and also the ones who want only a friendship. Some want both, and it is ok too. I am open to be friends with all people. A friendship can become a relationship with time too. Only time can tell. Maybe I am wrong. :(
I think a relationship usually starts with being friendly first and enjoying each others company.
This usually leads to dating and see where it goes from there.

The only thing I did not like was being asked for my email address and phone number after one or two 'hellos' and when I did not give it to them, that's when they dropped me.
Hi Seashells. Unfortunately, this is what happens sometimes when we do not give our email. etc... immediately when requested. They leave us. :( That's ok. Even if we give them our email, etc ... usually these people do not correspond very long via email, etc .... Usually they stop after a few emails, etc ... They will not respond or they block us, but usually they do not respond to messages. Then we must delete and block them from our emails contacts, etc ... This is not fun... This kind of situation can happen sometimes but fortunately people are not all like that ... :) Always be careful... Do not give them anything if you are unsure. This kind of thing can happen to men too... .As ThePainter said : "A good or potential friend will not pressure you and will accept you on any terms you set." :)
I Usually give my email addy in Irish, then they say WTF.
Really Scrummy.... :D
I don't like being asked if I would go fly a weekend away with someone I don't know. I said "no" and the person said "I wouldn't have to pay a thing", I said doesn't matter, I am not interested. I don't know what his intentions were but I wasn't about to find out either when I don't even know the person. Do some men think all women are gullable?"