Hi all,
I have a question, if you have a friend with benefits (FWB) relationship are there certain unspoken rules?
Like no personal talk, can’t get to know the person. There’s been some talk about FWB’s and I was just wondering about how the relationship works. My guess is you’re not supposed to “fall” for this person, because that will somehow spoil everything. Just wondering, that’s all.
CelesteB wrote: Hi all,
I have a question, if you have a friend with benefits (FWB) relationship are there certain unspoken rules?
Like no personal talk, can’t get to know the person. There’s been some talk about FWB’s and I was just wondering about how the relationship works. My guess is you’re not supposed to “fall” for this person, because that will somehow spoil everything. Just wondering, that’s all.

Sounds more like a business deal than a relationship to me! I suspect it can work only for those who can keep their emotions separate from physical relations so basically it would be more about sex than love or friendship. I don't think I am being sexist to think it could be desirable to more men than women?
Not sure about that Celeste, I don't' think I could have such a relationship, it is like having one night stand over and over and over again , and to me that would not work, I need to know the guy and have some kind of a relationship , just sex seems so impersonal, almost like hey that was good,just leave your money on the kitchen table...
Never had a one night stand in my life so no , would not know what to tell you..sorry.!!!
Hi Celeste,
If you don't talk about personal things how can you even become friends? Otherwise it's just sex. to me FWB suggests FRIENDS.
DutchyL wrote: Not sure about that Celeste, I don't' think I could have such a relationship, it is like having one night stand over and over and over again , and to me that would not work, I need to know the guy and have some kind of a relationship , just sex seems so impersonal, almost like hey that was good,just leave your money on the kitchen table...
Never had a one night stand in my life so no , would not know what to tell you..sorry.!!!

I'm not thinking of being a FWB person. A lot of my friends have been talking about it, not sure why. But I just don't get why you would want such an arrangement. I'm the type of person that loves inter action, talking, doing things together, just being a couple.
CelesteB wrote:
DutchyL wrote: Not sure about that Celeste, I don't' think I could have such a relationship, it is like having one night stand over and over and over again , and to me that would not work, I need to know the guy and have some kind of a relationship , just sex seems so impersonal, almost like hey that was good,just leave your money on the kitchen table...

I'm not thinking of being a FWB person. A lot of my friends have been talking about it, not sure why. But I just don't get why you would want such an arrangement. I'm the type of person that loves inter action, talking, doing things together, just being a couple.

That is exactly how I feel, I do not see the use in such an arangment, sounds so cold...
I have to agree with Graham's assessment of FWB, this would mostly work for men. I would think that in 8 out 10 such arrangements... one of them is lying. They are hoping for more out of the situation but settling for what they can get.
lady i think you are the first in chat history to agree with anything G says and i cant figure out for the life of me what brought you to this point the only thing i can think of is you are trying to get a few free months of premium
LMAO :lol:
Bill you are a HOOT!!
Well if that gets me free membership... its on. Didn't realize he had that kind of power.
Ladykym11 wrote: LMAO :lol:
Bill you are a HOOT!!
Well if that gets me free membership... its on. Didn't realize he had that kind of power.

We have a lot of banter on here which can be fun but Bill has a rather individual sense of humour in that many people don't get it! :lol:
LadyKym,
You should get into the chatroom with Bill and/or Brian and see how much of a "hoot" they really are..
People have left the chatroom once those two come in to "chat"..
I think after you come in the chatroom a few times, you might change your mind..lol
Bill and Brian and misunderstood geniuses
DutchyL wrote: LadyKym,
You should get into the chatroom with Bill and/or Brian and see how much of a "hoot" they really are..
People have left the chatroom once those two come in to "chat"..
I think after you come in the chatroom a few times, you might change your mind..lol

DutchyL, naahhh I've observed their postings and know that a comment here and there is enough for me. Some are so far fetched one can't help but laugh.

Have you seen the movie with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon called "Grumpy Old Men", check it out... its a Hoot! (puts some postings into perspective)
Friends with benefits have established boundaries that are set by those two people that fit their dynamics. It can be truly just a hookup or it can be more. I was in one for two years that was more hookup than anything but we did go away a couple of times. I have had another one where we chat every day and talk but neither of us want to commit to the other. When we get together, the sexual aspect is ok, but it is the conversation afterwards that last a couple of hours that I love. If you do not have agreed upon boundaries it does not work.
Just enjoy and see what happens; it's better, in my opinion, than sitting alone and watching TV.