How can we be sure God is not the bad guy, and the good guy is really Lucifer?

If God is all loving and forgiving, then why is there so much war and death in the world.

I think mabe, some time during the biblical age, roles were reverse and the real baddie, God, took over.

How would we know?
Are you whining Jake?
Sounds like Devil's advocate! :D
Or a defiant to a Christain faith :wink:
Now that a better picture of you G :D
Interesting point Jake. After all we never hear Lucifer's side of the story. We know who supposedly drowned everyone except Noah and his brood, and it wasn't Lucifer. As for looking after his chosen people, they seem to have suffered greatly in the past 3000 years. And what about poor Job, just to prove his love and obedience lost everything, including his health. I'm thinking you might be right Jake.
Another devil's advocate! :lol:
I know the SDA would give you the run for your money.

I did some research and here what I found

https://www.christianity.com/theology/theological-faq/how-did-lucifer-fall-and-become-satan-11557519.html

Applemac wrote: Interesting point Jake. After all we never hear Lucifer's side of the story. We know who supposedly drowned everyone except Noah and his brood, and it wasn't Lucifer. As for looking after his chosen people, they seem to have suffered greatly in the past 3000 years. And what about poor Job, just to prove his love and obedience lost everything, including his health. I'm thinking you might be right Jake.

Why did everyone drown exept for Noah and his brood?

Why did the people try to build a temple to God?

“I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear;
But now my eye sees You;
Therefore I retract,
And I repent in dust and ashes.” (Job 42:5–6)

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/oldtestament/section11/

Ok, so maybe I should take over your home? Your vehicle? Your job? oh heck why don't I take over your bank account :P you keep the loan payment, you pay the bills too :wink:
Perhaps Jake is crusing for a brusing? :lol:
Applemac wrote: Interesting point Jake. After all we never hear Lucifer's side of the story. We know who supposedly drowned everyone except Noah and his brood, and it wasn't Lucifer. As for looking after his chosen people, they seem to have suffered greatly in the past 3000 years. And what about poor Job, just to prove his love and obedience lost everything, including his health. I'm thinking you might be right Jake.

Thanks for joining the discussion, Mac 8)

You raise some interesting questions.

Consider this... atrocities in the name of God:-

The Crusades
Desert Storm
The Inquisition
Burning of the martyrs
Billy Graham
Salem
Pendle Hill
The Tudors
Most of the Plantagenets
Sunday School

Need I go on?
Interesting how you slipped Billy Graham in there as an atrocity..... :lol:
Sara2101 wrote: Interesting how you slipped Billy Graham in there as an atrocity..... :lol:

Yup, and mistakenly omitted colin fry and derek acorah. You know? Those fake tv mediums exploiting the vulnerabilities of the grieving
it's odd Sara!

He forgot Franklin Graham "Rebel with a cause"!

o= oppositional
d = defiant
d = disorder.
Oppositional defiant disorder
Sheesh..............
You forgot puppies, kittens, and babies on the atrocities list. Also every good or bad thing that has occurred since the beginning of time. God has been very busy has He not?Oh one more thing I wonder how many wings God has pulled off of butterflies.
Now that I have your attention, I have a wonderful bridge in New York, a beautiful vacation island called Alcatraz, and(come closer so I can whisper it in your ear) the big money maker, the cure for cancer and the common cold .All for a reasonable price. One day when I have time I will take all of you to the Amen Corner Church or better yet the Church of Whats Happening Now. :idea: Better still I will leave that up to God. Dear me, another atrocity for that list. It seems I cannot turn around without bumping into one. Pesty little things aren't they?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Couldn't resist......!
Oh forgot. You may add my name to the atrocity list. I understand they have great parties during the holidays.
Laurie :)
Welllll .... look who came to surface... had a good laugh there Laurie, thank you for that humor as well, we all certainly need it!

Maybe he will add me with that list too :lol:

I hear most like joining the round church :)