There's conflict and there's strife
But you still can make a difference
 By how you live your life.
 And so I'm very blessed to know
The wonders you will do
Because you are my granddaughter
And I believe in you.

http://jeannesbliss.blogspot.ca/2009/08 ... isdom.html

This quote was referring to a pearl necklace from the Bradford Exchange. Wisdom is experienced with age. :)
I am sorry to say I don't have any pearls of wisdom from grandmother. Sadly to say Grandma got ran over by a rain deer during the great Taco Bell strike and blizzard of "69". I was left without the proper "wisdom" from that moment on. The only thing I do remember is being told, when you go to the out house check the "hole" for critters. I have used that as my motto in all aspects of life since.
(Can you tell I am having lots of fun with the forums today?)
Laurie
Yes I can tell please don't hold back....I find that you have pearls of wisdom and I am enjoying your comments.
"Don't eat your Mother's 'Surprise Stew' ". :wink:
   My darlin Ginger haired Gram always used to say: "Keep your Friends Close and your Enemies even CLOSER!!!" (i'm be thinkin that the ole darlin stole that quote from someone!!!)  :D
and one that I like is....look before you leap.....
Walk a mile in their shoes before you judge
The one that made me laugh was,  make sure you had clean underwear on, in case you have an accident.
My Grandmother was possibly the most perfect, sweetest person in the world.  She never gave advice, but always displayed kindness to everyone and I never once heard her say an unkind word to anyone or about anyone.

And my mother must have learned from that, but was more of a disciplinarian.  If she found us being prejudiced or making fun of someone, she would always say:

"Be careful how you treat others, it may come back on you someday!"
I was taught by my mother who was patience, Kind, gentle and never judge anyone. "what goes around will come around"
morton1 wrote: The one that made me laugh was,  make sure you had clean underwear on, in case you have an accident.

Oh yes Mort I heard that one too about the clean underwear. Would we really care if we had an accident. We would be in La La Land. 
Grandma and mother use to say don't wear out your welcome. I can recall the words so vividly, I would say under my breath.....yeah! yeah! Shrug my shoulders and continue on with the way I thought. Those words of wisdom are now continued on in our children.

Another saying was...."don't judge a book by its' cover".....because you just might miss a wonderful person underneath the cover.....lol I liked how they added their spin on things. :roll: