I know this is for food. I am new to the site and have enjoyed the few times I have gone into the chat section. I also like the food forum as I have been in the cooking profession for over 40 years. I started as a pot washer and will probably end up a pot washer by time I am done but it is an art that I truly love. 
I just want to wish everyone a Happy and Blessed New Year.
In going with that thought I would love to hear what if any of you have as a certain dinner to bring in the new year with. I love to hear about those kinds of things.
My new years dinner was hamburger soup as it was cold out and that sounded like a good warm me up.
Once again I hope to hear from some of you on here and again Happy New Year and God bless. 
Love hamburger soup, you should post your recipe. It is probably better than mine.
I've never heard of hamburger soup..please put in recipe  :D
Mine was a marinated pork medallion,steamed new potatoes,with a salad made from my garden,with a balsamic vinegar and sesame oil dressing (not from my garden ;))
and going to have passionfruit ice cream and strawberries also from my garden ..
So not exciting but nice ..yesterday I had vietnamese spring rolls... love'em...yummy...  
Still early here but mine will be a picnic on the North York Moors. Possibly eaten in the car as it is freezing and we are wimps! The scenery will be great though. :D
OnlyDavit wrote: Love hamburger soup, you should post your recipe. It is probably better than mine.

OnlyDavit, My hamburger soup is very basic to make. I precook my hamburger and then season with fresh chopped garlic, salt, pepper, italian seasoning and a beef base to enhance the beef flavor. I add fresh celery, onions, crushed or diced tomatoes (canned is easier) red potatoes and corn, greenbeans and sometimes a little yellow squash if it is fresh. and enough water to make a nice stoup (stew/soup) cook on moderate heat til all veggies are soft. add salt and pepper as taste requires. it is good in the winter. If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me here.
jaffa33 wrote: I've never heard of hamburger soup..please put in recipe  :D
Mine was a marinated pork medallion,steamed new potatoes,with a salad made from my garden,with a balsamic vinegar and sesame oil dressing (not from my garden ;))
and going to have passionfruit ice cream and strawberries also from my garden ..
So not exciting but nice ..yesterday I had vietnamese spring rolls... love'em...yummy...  

I have to ask how you marinate your pork medallions as I love pork or beef medallions with fresh green beans sauteed in garlic. I have a couple of different marinades I use but I truly like to use an italian vinegarette marinade. Your dinner sounds awesome and I love the idea that you have a garden for fresh vegetables. oven baked red potatoes with herbs is also very good with medallions.
Thank you for replying to my post.  
gwynnie wrote: Still early here but mine will be a picnic on the North York Moors. Possibly eaten in the car as it is freezing and we are wimps! The scenery will be great though. :D

Sounds like a wonderful way to bring in the New Year in a scenic area with a nice meal. As for the cold and staying in the car that makes sense as I am not one for a lot of cold either, Enjoy your meal and thank you for your reply  :D