Sharing is caring ; what's your happy thought of the day ?

It could be as simple as a delicious cup of tea , or a birthday, or a new grandchildren.

Today mine is a overnight rain will have made this Georiga Clay more workable to dig in while working in my gardens today.

Norm 8)
CaptainCrunch wrote: Sharing is caring ; what's your happy thought of the day ?

Don't bolt your horse to the stable door.

Makes sense really...
:)
cerberus97 wrote:
CaptainCrunch wrote: Sharing is caring ; what's your happy thought of the day ?

Don't bolt your horse to the stable door.

Makes sense really...
:)

Haha reads and sounds very English in humor to me.

American translation questions = bolt ? Does that mean tie up or ride into at a trot ?
CaptainCrunch wrote:
cerberus97 wrote: Don't bolt your horse to the stable door. Makes sense really... :)

Haha reads and sounds very English in humor to me.

American translation questions = bolt ? Does that mean tie up or ride into at a trot ?

That's the beauty of the English language, Norm - one word or phrase could have several meanings. In this case, it's a duck billed platitude taken from Don't close the stable door after the horse has bolted bolt meaning to have fled, though in mine it's open to interpretation, but could mean tied up. :lol:
Or, don't put the cart in front of the horse
daisyjane wrote: Or, don't put the cart in front of the horse

Don't kiss a gift horse in the mouth.
As per my happy thought of the day , the ground was very workable this afternoon and I got four saplings transplanted and a good amount of awoldflower plot hand plowed and sowed.

Norm 8)
Just realized I have three Activity stars already.Can't wait until I get five. :D :D :D :D :D
My happy thoughts for the day...

No work until Tuesday

It's a very acceptable 23c here in Sheffield and there isn't a cloud in the beautiful blue sky, which for anyone who doesn't know the north of England, is almost tropical... 8)

I'm getting lots of clearing of weeds done "helped" by my two kitties. This entails mostly rolling around in the dirt and running off with the weeds before the make it to the green bin :roll:

Life is good :D

Happy Easter everyone, whatever you choose to do.
Each of us shares one special thought today - it is Easter! A day when most will be enjoying the company of friends and family and eating their Easter eggs. But the real message of Easter is being forgotten! It commemorates a time when one man gave his life for us, sacrificed himself so that everyone could live in peace, to be able to make new friends, to contact each other across the world, and to immerse their significantly huge minds into the fantasy purported by soap operas! You know who I mean? Yup, his name begins with J... You were almost right, I'm giving praise to John Logie Baird (1888 - 1946) inventor of the mechanical television. For without the television (or cathode ray tube) there would be no computers, and without computers there would be no 50 plus club. Nor would there have been a Yogi Bear!

Give praise...

Positive thoughts

It is a sad time for our family this Easter as my Uncle pass away. But here goes nothing.

Like Sara, time to clean up the yard of the winter’s mess, it is amazing what the wind can blow in your yards and being buried under the snow and ice.
April Showers Brings May Flowers, in this country we get a mixture of Sun and Rain.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/April_showers_bring_May_flowers

While it is raining, lots to do indoor, spring cleaning. You will find some stuff and wondering if “should I keep it or not”. I did it this way, “ Don’t need” box and “I need box”. Some stuff is in memory and you want to keep it, some stuff you never need it again, just taken up space and collecting dust for spiders and tiny creatures to hide. “One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure”. That “Don’t need” can be taken to a store where you can donate it to, they are glad to have it and put it up for sale, you be surprise that someone need it or in need of it, or something that they lost and it can be replace by what you drop off.

As Cerberus said, Easter is a time for family and friends, to remember why we have this as a holiday, it is to remember who the one God send to Earth to show the way, he died for our sins, to forgive one another. Easter came from the holy book. The book of “Act” in fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter

The world has become multiculturalism. Some don’t believe in the New testament, some have a whole different book that they believe in. I often wonder, do they take this special day of Easter where it originated from for their own pleasure or take advantage to take a holiday and enjoy themselves without the real reason why? I decided, Ok, let it be and allow them to think what ever they want to think. For me, It is a special time of year where we can forgive as Christ has forgiven us. To forgive is such a pleasant feeling, like a yoke taken off an Oxen.

Be thankful and give Praises
Excellent post, Daisy, and I agree, to forgive is divine :)
daisyjane wrote: “One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure”. That “Don’t need” can be taken to a store where you can donate it to, they are glad to have it and put it up for sale,

Of course they're glad to have it, they can sell for 100% profit, why not take it to the store and sell it to them? Charity begins at home...