A picture is worth, well, in this case, $20.99 at Target. When I brought this toy to the store manager, he looked at me blankly, so I proceeded to explain what was wrong, which earned me another blank look. Rather than try to explain further why an osteo-arachnid is perhaps a miseducational toy (and felt perhaps my logic was a wee bit undermined given that I was purchasing ghost and witched themed decorations), I decided to let it go. Perhaps it is a fossil of an alien arachnid. . . . A baby one. Truly scary:

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Targ ... &fmt=pjpeg 
I don't blame him his blankly look twice after watching what you were buying:-))
Ha! I am smiling and this isn't meant judgementally - just a statement of intelligence...industry and media are not interested in correctness or accuracy. Look no further than the highest office of our country to see blatant disregard of scientific truth and the arrogance to ignore it or be apathetic towards it.

I would purchase the toy, display it with a exclaimation label and challenge my students critical thinking skills as to what's wrong with it! Use it as a teachable moment and a conversation starter (just as you did! great segue by the way). The scientific errors in this world are endless.- WW
walkinwilbur wrote: The scientific errors in this world are endless.- WW

Neutrinos are tiny, electrically neutral particles produced in nuclear reactions. In September 2011, an experiment called OPERA turned up evidence that neutrinos travel faster than the speed of light. Located beneath the Gran Sasso mountain in central Italy, OPERA detected neutrinos sent from CERN, Europe's premier particle-physics laboratory near Geneva, Switzerland. According to the group's findings, neutrinos made the 731-kilometre journey 60 nanoseconds faster than predicted if they had travelled at light speed.

The announcement made international headlines when OPERA physicists published the announcement that, "EINTEIN WAS WRONG!"

Almost as soon as the announcement was made, physicists began trying to poke holes in the OPERA analysis, and on 23 February 2012 researchers from within the OPERA team announced that they had uncovered possible timing problems with their original measurements. Those problems included a leaking fibre-optic cable and a faulty atomic clock.

Opera published again, this time announcing that "EINSTEIN WAS NOT WRONG - and neither were we"

Hmmmm...

https://www.nature.com/news/neutrinos-not-faster-than-light-1.10249