A friend of mine met a guy 6 months ago and yesterday they broke up.  I asked her what happened and she replied that he brought all his baggage with him. I didn't want to seem too dumb, but I have no idea what she means.  Would anyone be able to clue me in?  No scrummy it wasn't his suitcases.  :lol:

Another question if I may.  If someone wants to hang out with you.  Do they mean date you?  Or just hang around you for some reason.  DUH! I know I don't have all my marbles, but give me a break, this is all new to me now at my ripe old age.  I ain't no spring chicken and I am practicing to be a cougar. :lol:  
In which case it may have been all the previous identities and skeletons which he carried on the world wide web

Mutley

Thanks for the nice reply broadcaster.  She met him in Tim Hortons coffee shop.  I don't think she even has a computer but she could use the library.  Maybe I should tell her about this place she may have better luck here.  Are you available?  :lol: She is a beauty,  52, Highlighted hair, beautiful body.  Very pleasant to converse with.  She was married twice already but they both died.  That might scare some guys.  :lol:

PS: She might be allergic to your dog Mutley. :lol:  
maggiex wrote: A friend of mine met a guy 6 months ago and yesterday they broke up.  I asked her what happened and she replied that he brought all his baggage with him. I didn't want to seem too dumb, but I have no idea what she means.  Would anyone be able to clue me in?  No scrummy it wasn't his suitcases.  :lol:

Another question if I may.  If someone wants to hang out with you.  Do they mean date you?  Or just hang around you for some reason.  DUH! I know I don't have all my marbles, but give me a break, this is all new to me now at my ripe old age.  I ain't no spring chicken and I am practicing to be a cougar. :lol:  

"baggage" means unsolved issues from the past.  I went out with a guy many years ago who spent all our time together whining about how much he still loved his ex-wife.

I had another who had pictures and phone numbers of every woman he'd ever dated since high school. It's about spending time with each other.

Usually if someone wants to "hang out" it's more of a casual thing from my understanding like going for coffee, etc. 
Thanks Mustang. That is very helpful.  Imagine you having to hear about every girl he went out with and their pictures yet....I guess he figured they are trophies.  Wouldn't it be nice to get to know a guy for what is going on in his life today instead of having to listen to all about his past? I haven't met anyone like that and I hope I never do. :lol:

PS:  I was recently asked if I would like to "hang out".  I said I would think about it.....in other words I didn't know what he meant.  He is too young anyway but what the hell if he just means having coffee etc that would be ok. :lol:  
If he's that young, I would question his motives. They say age is only a number but that's only good between certain ages.  A 20-year-old woman might be attracted to a 30-year-old man and vice versa, but when she's 60 and he's 70 depending on his health it could be huge.  My brother is eight years older than his wife (he's 63) and she's now into biking and marathons and he has a bad knee and prefers not to do the big road races so now she's questioning the marriage. She's meeting new and younger people and Ian's starting to look not so young.

Some will say that  can happen at any age, but let's face it, it increases with age (unless one of you has a nice amount of $$ stashed away).  And some will also say that in any marriage you can develop different interests as well, but done properly, that should be a good thing. 

I  question anybodymore than 5 years younger as to their reasons for wanting to meet me the same way I question somebody from more than 100 miles away. Seriously, there's NOBODY in your area or close to it that you can meet??  

As to the girlfriend hoarder, he wasn't very bright to start with and I convinced him, and rightly so, that he'd never be able to move ahead until he ditched his past -- then I ditched him :lol:   He was SUCH a moron. 
My husband was nearly 10 years older than me. If you love each other it doesn't matter. The only down side is men tend to die younger than women and I lost him seven years ago. :( :( :(
I'm sorry to hear that. There are exceptions. Maybe there were problems in my brother's marriage that are just coming out now.  My friend's mother is 72 and met a man 15 years younger and went off to Las Vegas on his motorcycle.   Maybe my problem is all the serious relationships I've had have been to greedy, lazy-assed losers who were just after money (and seemed to think I had a lot of it).  Two of them went after my house even though they didn't have  a hope in hell of getting it. Both were younger.

But I still question it when somebody from Los Angeles who is 45 thinks I'm a good catch when I'm thousands of miles away. You can't tell me he can't find somebody in LA or closer. Maybe the age thing is my baggage :lol:  
My guy had a ton of baggage, emotionally and literally. I'd been divorced for 15 years and he only divorced for 3. It took him awhile to learn that I wasn't jealous, or going to cheat, and that we could work through issues without fighting or ruining our relationship.

Once he knew that, he was a very happy camper. He said he didn't know it was supposed to be like this (a relationship), that he thought every man was just miserable in a marriage and that's how life was.

It was amazing what emotional maturity brought to our relationship. Yes, I keep using that word because we weren't married. We were together because we wanted to be. And we'd be together now if he hadn't been killed.

Hanging out to me means he wants to be around you casually, doing every day things, like helping you lift heavy things and paint walls. Hanging out isn't the pressure of actual dating. Just be careful he doesn't really need someone to cook for him or do his laundry, which can get old if he isn't willing to lift heavy things and paint walls. It means he wants to be friends first and that's not a bad thing at all as long as you do a background check before you welcome him into your home.
gwynnie wrote: My husband was nearly 10 years older than me. If you love each other it doesn't matter. The only down side is men tend to die younger than women and I lost him seven years ago. :( :( :(

I am sorry to hear that gwynnie :( .  Do you think you would still like to get married again?
i would  :wink:
:lol: You didn't stay long enough to meet anyone let alone get married. :lol: :lol:  
Hi Maggiex. 
If he was too  young for you, and wanted to "hang" out with you. then it wasn't cosy chats in a coffee shop he was after,  a number of younger lads think that the "older " female is desperate and will accept anything or anyone. So stay clear.  but maybe you're looking for a toyboy, if so,  go for it. Lol
I apologize Joanna, I missed your reply here.  Thanks for the good advice.  As a matter of fact, I saw him with an older woman last week....you are right on the mark! lol