Hi everyone! The older I get, I seem to have fewer good friends just to talk to. Everyone is busy with life and family! I’m not looking for love! I’m already in a long term relationship!

I’m hoping this is the right place to ask! If not, I’m sorry!
Funandsun63 wrote: Hi everyone! The older I get, I seem to have fewer good friends just to talk to. Everyone is busy with life and family! I’m not looking for love! I’m already in a long term relationship!

Many of our member come here to chat and there is often a group chat in the chatroom but it can depend on timing as our members are in several different time zones so sometimes its an idea to keep an eye on the "members in chat" list to find a suitable time. Good luck and if you need any help, please let me know. :D
are you in a LTR with someone who dont talk?
you must take the bull by the horns and think of new subjects you can talk about covid-19 (most likely for weeks on end) or how about trump ( for months on end)
good luck and let me know if you need more help
Funandsun63 wrote: Hi everyone! The older I get, I seem to have fewer good friends just to talk to. Everyone is busy with life and family! I’m not looking for love! I’m already in a long term relationship!

Same here. Nice to meet you.
Sure I will chat with, no problem, I'am John. Or Johnboy as a lot people call me. so lets talk..

try chat room
on second thoughts dont try chatroom its dead most of the time these daysand even if tere is one person in there at same time as you dont say hello-------- ignorant pigs never reply
LOL Brian123 your comment seems a bit harsh but unfortunately... it's TRUE. :lol:
That's so unfortunate because supposedly that's why people go to a chat room, to chat. All we can do is extend a warm greeting and hope its returned.
billcc wrote: are you in a LTR with someone who dont talk?
you must take the bull by the horns and think of new subjects you can talk about covid-19 (most likely for weeks on end) or how about trump ( for months on end)
good luck and let me know if you need more help

Bill get a pic with a smile not a scowl MOM
Hi I feel the same as you . My children are starting to live their lives and I long for all the years I have put into them now . I just want an ear to bend or have my ear bent . A bit of fun
I agree with you Tintin... my 3 sons are all grown up and moved away, I had my 9th grandchild born 3 days ago and here I sit by myself with no way to visit family due to COVID-19.

It's no wonder why alcoholism and suicide are on the rise. This is one reason I get outdoors hiking or gold prospecting.

Stay active and LIVE! :D
Hello everyone
I agree that life gets more isolating as we grow older, so I think we just have to make more effort, which is why I have decided to come back to this site.
My first grandchild is nearly one and I have hardly seen him this year. I'm hoping to make friends on here that I can talk to online. In normal times, I like walking, anything to do with water, cinema, theatre, etc., I feel as if I've forgotten how to be sociable, because of all the restrictions we are living with. I do work - as a secondary teacher - but that has it's own constraints and is one of the reasons I can't see my family very often. How are you all doing?
Hello,
It is tough to be away from family, especially grandchildren.
I try to keep busy, doing crafts, going for a walk, talking on facetime with family when they have time.
Life goes by so fast......I am doing what makes me happy. Sometimes I stay in my pjs all day and read or bake.....nobody to answer to and my music on the radio.
Bliss actually.
amasibird wrote: Hello everyone
I agree that life gets more isolating as we grow older, so I think we just have to make more effort, which is why I have decided to come back to this site.
My first grandchild is nearly one and I have hardly seen him this year. I'm hoping to make friends on here that I can talk to online. In normal times, I like walking, anything to do with water, cinema, theatre, etc., I feel as if I've forgotten how to be sociable, because of all the restrictions we are living with. I do work - as a secondary teacher - but that has it's own constraints and is one of the reasons I can't see my family very often. How are you all doing?

As you say, we have to actually make the effort - put ourselves out there and find ways to meet people and make friends. Research has shown that it is the casual relationships that we miss the most - the gym, librarian that we chat with, hairdresser, book club .. they make us feel connected.
So, hope to see you in the chat room. :)
EnglishRose wrote: Hello,
It is tough to be away from family, especially grandchildren.
I try to keep busy, doing crafts, going for a walk, talking on facetime with family when they have time.
Life goes by so fast......I am doing what makes me happy. Sometimes I stay in my pjs all day and read or bake.....nobody to answer to and my music on the radio.
Bliss actually.

:D :D One of the advantages of being on your own - do what you want, when you want. I certainly appreciate it.
But as previous folks have noted, it is good to have someone to talk to. so hope to see you in the chatroom, Rose.