I have always loved Americans and one day would love
To be with one.  I'm Australian and just do not like
Aussie males. I have been to the US a few times on holiday
And found the American men seem to treat their women
Very nicely and are very protective of them in a nice way.
 Would love some thoughts please
Thank you xxx 
I must say I don't like to be with Australian men myself .....come to think of it I don't like to be with any man either.....

Hello Thanks for friendship

Mutley?

Well....I'm an American dude. And culture can be one of the hardest things to deal with when it comes to a relationship. I married a Japanese woman....not just because I loved her, but I love the culture. The devotion, the discipline, the respect for elders, the peace, the zen....

I'd love to be your friend. But remember, I often eat too many american cheeseburgers, watch cheesy horror movies, enjoy fast hot-rod cars and nascar racing, lol!

Feel free to send me a message and let's get to know each other! :)
Hi, Koala!  :)

First of all, I'd just like to say that you are absolutely ADORABLE looking...and should have no trouble whatsoever finding LOTS of men who admire you, from ANY country you choose! Having said this, I also wish you the very best in your "quest" for an American GENTLEMAN...and if/when you find him...I wish you both a lifetime of happiness together!

Now, I must tell you...I find your commentary both absolutely fascinating & quite thought-provoking...and upon reflection, I've reached the conclusion that there very well may be something to the old saying that, "familiarity breeds contempt". Please allow me to explain by saying that, as an American woman, I truly don't like the company of many American men...and although I cannot speak for life in the REAL world (since I never even ATTEMPT to meet & date any local men)...as far as cyber space goes...I've actually found American men (particularly those in my own age group & older) to be among the very WORST of the lot, with regard to their vulgar, disrespectful & often downright disgusting treatment of women! I can tell you, truthfully...that nearly every time (almost without exception) that I've agreed to communicate privately with an American man...away from whatever site I've "met" him on...I've been VERY sorry...and it's usually only a very brief period of time, before I've deleted & blocked them for foul behaviour...or discovered that they are actually married!

In all honesty, I will tell you that nearly all my best male internet pals are foreign guys, who are somewhat younger than me...mostly Latin Americans, Europeans & yes, Aussies! I've found that I'm very often treated with more kindness, affection & respect by slightly younger foreign men, than by most of my own countrymen, in my own age group! It's SAD...but quite true...and this is not just based on a few months of "comparative research"...I've been "out here" on the internet for 4 years, since my divorce...and have found this to be true time after time! HOWEVER, I DO realize that cyber space is a whole different world from "reality"...and that MANY people (of BOTH genders) probably say things to total strangers, behind the safety of their computer screens...that they might NEVER say to someone face to face! :shock:  

In any case, I feel I must also point out to you that I just seem to have one of those faces that attracts perverts & wackos...cuz for reasons unknown to me...a lot of those types seem to "find" me! LOL Naturally, I wish you MUCH better luck! :wink:  In closing, I would just like to say one last thing to you...I honestly believe that finding a true GENTLEMAN is much more important than finding a man of ANY particular nationality...and unfortunately, I have learned that, at least on the net...GENTLEMEN seem to be rather few & far between these days! I actually consider myself quite blessed to have a FEW good male internet pals, whom I consider to be true friends...but heaven knows I've had to suffer a LOT of weirdos to find 'em! Best wishes to ya, Koala! I truly hope ya find your "Prince"! Meanwhile...please take care, have fun & be blessed! :D  

Kind regards & "happy hunting",
CM 

Hi ChuckleMonkey. You make a very good point in that all countries have their share of good and not so good people so you could be blinkered if you look for someone in only one country. There is another saying we use in the UK "The grass is always greener on the other side" whereas people and places in other countries can seem more exciting than those closer to home.
I can assure you that there are some good guys in this club and several ladies have found lifetime partners; some share their story as seashells has in the recent forum post "success stories" but there are other success stories where they prefer not to share.
Good luck :)
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Very Very Interesting(said with a German accent)
Laurie
Laughing good here at "Lady L's" post...right on the money honey!!!
I remember Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in too! :)
Graham1 wrote: I remember Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in too! :)

I'm glad I wasn't the first to admit to that :lol:
When you man sat in the park on the bench with the woman with the handbag,
He said do you believe in the here after, She said yes,
Well you now what im here after,

It was kinda funny back then, 
Kinda silly now 
Thanks guys :),  I guess too I really love the American Accents,
I know they can be different sounding in the different States over there :)
I certainly know there will be bad males but I guess I would love to
Find the GOOD ones lol!  
I also love America just as a Country, I mean Australua is beautiful
The scenery and countryside, different land marks and beaches etc
Would have to be some of the best in the World!
And I do love that I'm an Aussie, but America  and it's people Attract me
 for some reason. 
Does anyone think I'm too old to want someone from another
country? Would it be too hard or too late?
Thanks guys :) 
Dreams never die. Chase your dreams.........
Theres only one way to find out if its to hard and its never to late to try !
Koala, Ive been to US about 25 times , all over, diff states etc,
Also to lots of other places around he world,
But most american's think the US is the world anyway, 
Sure God love em. Regards. 
I firmly disagree with your statement that most Americans believe that America is the world. I think you confuse that opinion with American's belief in American Exceptionalism. American Exceptionalism is the thought that the United States is qualitatively different from other nation states. This thought or ideology, Americanism, is based on liberty, egalitarianism, individualism, republicanism,, populism and laissez-fair. This view stems from our emergence from a revolution, and being called by political scientist Seymour Lipset the first nation. This came can be traced to Alexis de Tocqueville, the first writter to describe the country as exceptional in 1831 and 1840.
"American marches to a different drummer. Its uniqueness is explained by any or all of a variety of reasons: history, size, geography, political institutions, and culture. Explanations of the growth of government in Europe are not expected to fit American experience, and visa versa. " This was stated by Scottish political scientist Richard Rose.
Remember people we where founded on the basis of religious freedom, and personal freedom. We didn't bow to the thought that birth determined your status.
One of the most important books I have read is The Law by Frederic Bastiat, written in the eighteen hundreds. He understood, the greatest single threat to liberty is government. Thus the founding of America. America would not be here if not for the fact that Europe lacked the ideal of personal freedom and believed that government determined each mans course.
Miss Information