Hi thought I'd help out with a Tutorial on how to screen capture and make images from that capture, then on to resize and add Lines and text ..Very useful for Forums and websites. This is using the humble Windows 'Paint' program only and we all have that on our pc's. Images are best re-sized to 640 pixels width maximum for Forum use. Hope this is useful to you.. :)

Image Manipulation using Paint HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IF4OL9gZm8
Thanks Keith, I will have to look into it.

I have photos of my dogs and gardens I want to post here, and keep getting told the photos are too large.
Hi Roseslady, this should do the trick for you. Just load your image intopaint and use the resize option and then save. Hope to see your pics.. :D
Hi just read you post with interest...perhaps you could help me too! I have seen a wonderful picture of a lion on this site which I would like to copy but dont know how. I right clicked on copy image and tried to paste it - but no picture just a little tiny box. Any advice Keith please? Enjoy your day

keithb wrote: Hi thought I'd help out with a Tutorial on how to screen capture and make images from that capture, then on to resize and add Lines and text ..Very useful for Forums and websites. This is using the humble Windows 'Paint' program only and we all have that on our pc's. Images are best re-sized to 640 pixels width maximum for Forum use. Hope this is useful to you.. :)

Hi Sue, easy to accomplish. Press the Ctrl button and hold + then PrtSc button. This will give you a screenshot of the whole screen that holds your image, then follow the instructions and open 'paint' and press paste, you will have the full page you were looking at, now you can edit that shot and cut the image out then press new picture at the top of the page options, don't save the page so that you will now have a clear new page and then press 'paste'. Your image will transfer to the screen ready to manipulate or save...

keithb wrote: Hi thought I'd help out with a Tutorial on how to screen capture and make images from that capture, then on to resize and add Lines and text ..Very useful for Forums and websites. This is using the humble Windows 'Paint' program only and we all have that on our pc's. Images are best re-sized to 640 pixels width maximum for Forum use. Hope this is useful to you.. :)

This will not work for gifs images. There are free on line psp7 that will resize any images.
http://www.4shared.com/zip/lN1RYzfC/Pai ... 7_ESD.html

Once you download this file, to open up paint icon. Go to browse and find your image that isn't gifs images
click on the image that you want to resize, one that image is in psp7 then go to Image/resize, I have mine set at 200 for width. For gifs images open psp7 go to file/jasc software produce, click on Launch Animation shop and it will open another section of paint, with that section open go to browse and find your gifs image and click on it, once you got that image open, then click on Animation, resize animation and again set it at width for 200. Both you can save as what it is for, you can also change png, bitmap to jpeg too as most site don't show any other than gifs and jpeg images.

If you don't know if you have a jpeg image or gifs image, you can open psp7 and launch the animation and click on the image and if it shows more than one frame, then it is a gifs image, if it shows one frame then it isn't gifs and you can close out the jasc software produce.

You can add anything with this produce with both gifs and jpeg images. Play around with all the tool on board in both section of this produce. If you are not sure what you want or don't know how to use it. Just post the question in here on this thread.
sue297 wrote: Hi just read you post with interest...perhaps you could help me too! I have seen a wonderful picture of a lion on this site which I would like to copy but dont know how. I right clicked on copy image and tried to paste it - but no picture just a little tiny box. Any advice Keith please? Enjoy your day

Hi sue, you can't copy image from web page on the net, you need to put your cursor on the images that you like to save, then on that page go to file/save as. Some webpage won't allow you to save it and will give you a notice about it. But if you can copy images from some site, then you put your cursor on the picture you want to copy and right click on the mouse and select copy and then move the cursor to where you want to paste it to, do the same but only select "paste". I would suggest you create a folder in "My Picture" so that you can find such topic of images for example "Lion" and then another folder if you see something like dogs? then create another folder for "dogs" to create a folder in my picture make sure that your mouse cursor is on the blank page in "My Picture" and by using your mouse right click and click on new, volia you got a new folder and to rename that folder click on that New folder by right click and selete rename and you can name your folder of your choice.
On some window7 laptop, it is a bit different than what is posted by keith. On your keyboard find "fn" that is inside a box usually beside the left "ctrl key", hold that down at the same time press the "prtsc" which may also be inside a box along with a few other words, it usually where the number pad keys are at the top row. Then you have capture a screen shot.

Then open up psp7 and you can paste it on there by right click of your mouse and click on " Paste as New Image" and voila you have your image on psp7. to resize it... follow my instructions above to resize this screen shot image.
This what psp7 look like
starkitkat wrote: On some window7 laptop, it is a bit different than what is posted by keith. On your keyboard find "fn" that is inside a box usually beside the left "ctrl key", hold that down at the same time press the "prtsc" which may also be inside a box along with a few other words, it usually where the number pad keys are at the top row. Then you have capture a screen shot.

Then open up psp7 and you can paste it on there by right click of your mouse and click on " Paste as New Image" and voila you have your image on psp7. to resize it... follow my instructions above to resize this screen shot image.

Hi star, I have a laptop with W7 Pro and it has both keys Fn and Ctrl which work in the same way. I used Windows Paint because everyone has that but probably not PSP which is an expensive program to buy or even freebies a lot of people worry about downloading from Share sites due to Virus and Malware infections. Of course any Image program can be used to resize an Image and 640 pixels width is a maximum here that the forum software allows. :!:
Thanks for the extra information. :)
keithb wrote:
starkitkat wrote: On some window7 laptop, it is a bit different than what is posted by keith. On your keyboard find "fn" that is inside a box usually beside the left "ctrl key", hold that down at the same time press the "prtsc" which may also be inside a box along with a few other words, it usually where the number pad keys are at the top row. Then you have capture a screen shot.

Hi star, I have a laptop with W7 Pro and it has both keys Fn and Ctrl which work in the same way. I used Windows Paint because everyone has that but probably not PSP which is an expensive program to buy or even freebies a lot of people worry about downloading from Share sites due to Virus and Malware infections. Of course any Image program can be used to resize an Image and 640 pixels width is a maximum here that the forum software allows. :!:
Thanks for the extra information. :)

Hi Keith, that is why I put in a link for free download for PSP7, there is no charge for this download :D
I will put the link for that free download of PSP7 in here again
http://www.4shared.com/zip/lN1RYzfC/Pai ... 7_ESD.html

This one is a safe site to download it as it is clean, I did it and had no problem with Malware/Spyware or Viruses. So go ahead and download it if you want to have some fun with images... I know I do and have a blast with it. BTW I got psp7 a year ago as my other pc crash and got a newer version so I had to find a site so that I can download psp7 and it was from that site.