:? Hi
I am new to this site and internet dating in general. People look very interesting, I am looking forward to connecting with men and women to enjoy their friendship.
How is internet dating working for you? Do you have any stories to share? This site, Canadian, seems to have more women than men. Is that a problem? Hopefully I will get some takers, Big hugs and a cheerful have a great day to anyone reading this.
I keep checking here to see what people's answers are but there are never any :shock: I find the internet dating kind of daunting. I keep reminding myself not to hold up the wall but to actively check out peoples profiles. One of my biggest problems is that I can't remember if I checked out a profile so it looks like I keep revisiting the same ones. Also there are some I would like to go back to but now I don't want to seem wishy washy by being in their profile too often. (Dang, is the wall falling over, I better hold it up) :roll:
I thought as a man I would answer this. I have had a few replies and a few just ignore me. I have had one quite nasty but for the most part I find every body OK. Trying to be pleasant. I'm not trying to form relationships because I've discovered I'd rather just talk or listen as the case may be. Oh and visiting profiles over and over. I do that on chat just so I know something about who I'm chatting to. You can be in my profile as often as you want. I think I can tell who's just passing through. Besides if I'm curious I'll send a message that you can ignore.
I was contacted by someone but I can't get back to her because of not being a pd member. I am sure we all miss a lot of friendships that way.
long time no see, used to talk to u in the morning but not seen youn here latrely. cannot send messages. will bne online tomorrow nt. missing chris moyles he is away for 2 wks lost my mum last week
dave
Internet dating sounds good - more chances to meet people. But somehow it seems also have too many uncertainties, especially the long distance relationship, I don't think it would work. Just by reading those comments already scared me… I just started here a few days ago… already thinking quitting and go hiding again. Although I am capable of doing other tasks, when it comes to relationship, don't know what to do…hopeless. Not seeking advice…simply give up. Good luck to all of you. :? [/b]
I am here for friendship. As far as starting a relationship from this site...well, I am cautious...too many men want to start a harem here. I am a one man woman, and would be faithful, passionate and loving....I value inner beauty. I do not want to give my heart to a shallow man who flirts with every woman. A man would have to prove himself worthy of my trust before I would give away my heart to him.

You can find me in the English chat room, in the evenings...great friends there....

God's Blessings
I am fairly new to this site. I do like the friendship aspects of it. I would also be very cautious about meeting someone in person that I communicate with online. Not saying it won't ever happen - but I would have to get to know and sense a lot about that person through communications first. Even then, I would remain on guard and cautious.
Dating online seems scary but as I can say my nephew found a lovely girl on line and they have a beautiful daughter. I also know of friends who have found love online and are happy and married. Do not count online dating as being a bad form of finding someone. You have to be careful and make sure the person you are talking too tells you the truth and as I was told "Ask them personal questions and if they are on the up and up they will let you talk to someone that knows them well and you can get an idea of what they are like and if you would be interested in them. Also be careful and meet them in a place where you are comfortable like in your town and have someone ready to bail you out if it does not work. Go somewhere where there are a lot of people and one where you can leave and go to a store or place you know so they do not follow you home if they do not know where you live just in case they are not all they said they were. You are old enough to know how to protect yourself and be safe in a tricky situation. But so far online is fun and I have met many of the friends I have formed online and want to meet many more.
Meeting people online is just another way to meet people--or one would think! However, if the people you meet are far away from you, that can immensely complicate matters. Just being obvious about it, who visits whom first to find out if you can stand to be in the same room as one another for extended periods of time? :-D

The reason why you mustd meet in person as soon as you can, if you think it's going serious, if because if it takes you a year to really get to know someone in real life, it will take ten years online! This is is because internet relationships are and have to be partial. Even with web cams and cheap calls online, you still aren't experiencing the full spectrum of the other person.

As well, in day to day terms, you don't have any way to verify what they are telling you or not telling you, and unless you have the money to hire a private investigator, etc, you'll have to rely on allowing time (and repetition) to smoke out discrepancies (if there are any).

Not to frighten people, but there are some very strange people who use the anonymity of the internet to find vulnerable people and take various kinds of advantage of them, and nobody wants to find themselves a victim of such a situation.
Hello there, here is my input in the internet dating!! my first husband was a drunk and got into alot of sickness with his drinking.

He moved out to live with a girlfriend I had not know about, but people he did me a favor!!
My twin gave me a computer and I learned about the dating sites, OMG was addicted for awhile. But in the end I met someone who saw me for who I am now!!

When my first marriage started I was not dissabled! but as his sickness got worse, then I got sick and it effected me with all the stress ect.

When first starting out on the computer I did not know how to tell people I was not able to walk? when it all started I told the men I chatted with that my ex ran over my legs...........well of course this was not true.

But be honest and open! I went to a room 9 years ago called Lower Mainland Love and Romance. Talked to alot of men but one day before the room closed I chatted with a certian man, sent him a picture of my on my scooter with my dog.

Well to make a long story shorter, I dated him from 2002-06 we got married and are heading on our 5th anniversary. Do not think that just because you are different or have a problem that no one would like you!!
That is hogwash!!! start out and be honest about the situation you are living with!!! and you may find alot of toads at first!! but you will find your prince as I did.

Jaci
I am new to this site but have also tried out a few others..  I want to know what other seniors both male and female have experienced with online dating.  
My personal experiences have been mixed with some genuine nice people (guys in my case) but a lot who are not who they say they really are when you get to know them or are not within my age range or location.
Others want to know your whole life story before they tell you they are not interested while revealing nothing of themselves.
What happened to let just be friends first, get to know one another and see where it takes us. 
I am just being curious if others would like to respond I would enjoy reading their comments.. 
I had 3 online friendships on another dating site & 2 were very pushy to secure an exclusive relationship. Both made plans to travel to meet in person, never showed but interestingly had the same story about why....stuck in another country, please send money. I'm very new with online scamming and my grandson says that because I am a very honest person, I believe most of what a person tells me, not suspecting lies. Anyway,I did send funds to the 1st scammer & have never had it returned but was pressured to send more. Duh.....things started to kick in & the next scammer was promptly refused so he sent me nasty emails till eventually I blocked him. Wish there was a way to report these people. You may wonder about the 3rd ! well, I relayed the scamming stories & then he must have taken me for being pretty stupid because he hasn't chatted since. My online status has since changed to "Fool me once, call me foolish, but fool me twice, call me stupid". Needless to say, I've learned alot and have not given up the idea that all there are honest people out there still worth being friends with.
to ElliH 123: More women than men is pretty well universal at our age. Several reasons: 1 - men die younger. 2 - Men marry younger so there are fewer older men left. 3 - Good quality men get snapped up quicker ( due to 1 and 2 above). So we better become friends with women, because there aren't so many guys around. Cheers.
canscot13 wrote: I am new to this site but have also tried out a few others..  I want to know what other seniors both male and female have experienced with online dating.  
My personal experiences have been mixed with some genuine nice people (guys in my case) but a lot who are not who they say they really are when you get to know them or are not within my age range or location.
Others want to know your whole life story before they tell you they are not interested while revealing nothing of themselves.
What happened to let just be friends first, get to know one another and see where it takes us. 
I am just being curious if others would like to respond I would enjoy reading their comments.. 

Yes, it's time wasted to invest in revealing your life story to someone who is not interested. The opposite of that are the desparate ones...ones who want to call you Mrs. right away just so no one else snaps you up. Hey guys, relax & get to know the person behind the nice womanly smile. For me, being interested in knowing more about someone is kinda like exploring new territory...just visiting...you might not wanna live there! Being honest is paramount! I hate pretenders... I like to have fun but play games with people's lives.