I have an interesting twist. Hello by the way. Im new here. So my story...
I was divorced 10 years ago from an alcoholic. He wasnt abusive just absent from me and our childrens lives. I had courage and self esteem going on and I felt great. I met a man on a dating site and we hit it off. We were together for 7 years. I still love him and I dont know why. At first he was attentive and loving but I put in most of the work. We lived an hr apart. I would pack and go to his house every weekend. He would keep me on the phone every night for hrs knowing I had to get up early. If I said I had to go from his house or the phone he would act hurt. At one point I changed jobs and tried to live there but he never made space. I lived out of a suitcase. Needless to say I moved out. He rarely said anything nice about me to me. And would not include me many times when reminiscing. Nor was he affectionate at all. Now heres the jealousy part. My self esteem was plummeting. When we went out anywhere he was constantly eyeing up other women. So that made me unsure, confused, and YES, jealous and suspicious. Not in a seriously crazy way but, yes, I did some things to check on him and I was constantly asking myself what was wrong with me. I tried to break up with him many times but then he would always turn the charm on or have a reason I needed to go there. He always made sure he had something of mine I wanted. Was this Narcissism? I think so. Im going to be recovering from this for a while. Anyway, my point is not all jealousy is the jealous persons fault. There actually may be a reason.