Many people glamourize jealousy by saying it's a sign of love what do you think have you had a jealous partner ?

I had a partner a few years back my life was unbearable he was a few years older then me and his jealousy was over the top he would wake up in the morning staring with did you go out last night while I was asleep if we went out in public places he would ask if I knew any of the men looking back on it now it wasn't love maybe a borderline nut job :lol: :lol:
I was married for 10 years to a woman whose jealousy controlled all aspects of my life. It's a form of insecurity and amounts to psychological abuse and and we need to recognise it as such. Galmourising it as an extreme expression of love misses the point. The point is true love is borne out of mutual trust. In a relationship where jealousy dominates, that trust is only ever unilateral at best
I agree - I think its totally a sign of insecurity. And definitely doesn't make for a healthy relationship. I think the keystone of any relationship needs to be trust, if it's not there, then its not healthy.
Sadly there are many people who have been victims of controlling partners and I have seen many in this club over the past 10 years that I have been here. There have been a few situations where ladies have registered here as members to talk to someone else after splitting from a controlling husband or partner, only to find that he registers too to find out what she is doing and whom she communicates with! Controllers are more about power than any kind of love; any assumed affections that are not given freely and willingly have no value.
Well said Graham.
Insecurity
crybabies
Jealousy has nothing to do with love or security but possession and, subsequently, feelings of inadequacy. Say, if a neighbour owns a better car, has more friends, holidays or cash, a better job or a more out-going personality, this could easily lead to feelings of resentment within oneself. Jealousy is not about how you feel about others, but about yourself.
Well what makes me laugh is the guy who was over the top jealous on me was at it with someone else :lol: maybe jealousy is a cover up for what they are getting up to.Once bitten,twice shy.
cerberus97 wrote: Jealousy has nothing to do with love or security but possession and, subsequently, feelings of inadequacy. Say, if a neighbour owns a better car, has more friends, holidays or cash, a better job or a more out-going personality, this could easily lead to feelings of resentment within oneself. Jealousy is not about how you feel about others, but about yourself.

Meow Meow cats are calling :lol: :lol: :lol:
CarrieB wrote: Meow Meow cats are calling :lol: :lol: :lol:

You remind me of someone else, who is no longer on the site. She could not discuss an issue rationally with the grown ups, either, and frequently whizzed off topic.

But you have proved my point re: jealousy. :)
Meow meow the cats are calling. :lol:
CarrieB wrote: Meow meow the cats are calling. :lol:

Wasting another of your five messages a day to make cat noises lol I do hope you're litter trained :lol:
Lol. Cerberus said whizzed
tazwriter wrote: Lol. Cerberus said whizzed

It has a different meaning in the UK, Taz. A sort of hurried dash. :lol: