Thank you so much Seashells.    You are a lovely lady.  Yes, I am a little curious.   :)  
seashells wrote: HiChokko:
I admire you Chokko. You are an inspiration. You are a positive, upbeat person. Your messages are always friendly, loving and forward looking. You have a natural curiosity of the world and aren't afraid to ask questions. You put yourself out there. Bravo! You are a true participant, I like that about you. :D

i so agree with you sea :D shells ...
Thank you so much Stickpin. :) The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you....
Learning a language to a high level takes a lots of time and effort but it says a a lot about the person. They can appreciate their own world and that of others which is something special. :)
Chokko wrote: They can appreciate their own world and that of others which is something special. :)

The lovely Chokko, yes you are one who is something special. I love to see your writings and the purity in which it is expressed. Despite any errors in grammar or spelling you have managed to convey your meaning in whatever you write, something that even those who only know their mother tongue fail to express. I must hang my head in shame, as all Canadians, we were taught to learn French, whether or not you lived in a French or bilingual town. Only now, in my later years, do I regret not having taken it further and become fully conversant. Now I live with a Welsh speaking community, and I am trying to at least be able to speak even simple phrases with the neighbors. It is a difficult language to learn, I have a Dutch neighbor who speaks 7 languages (she really is gifted) but admitted defeat in trying to learn Welsh. She told me the language doesn't seem to make sense, doesn't seem to follow any rules. Even though I listen to her, I will still make some effort to learn it, and making me feel good.

Estynnaf fy llongyfarchiadau a'm dymuniadau gorau i chi

Ron
mi.lwcus wrote:
Chokko wrote: They can appreciate their own world and that of others which is something special. :)

The lovely Chokko, yes you are one who is something special. I love to see your writings and the purity in which it is expressed. Despite any errors in grammar or spelling you have managed to convey your meaning in whatever you write, something that even those who only know their mother tongue fail to express. I must hang my head in shame, as all Canadians, we were taught to learn French, whether or not you lived in a French or bilingual town. Only now, in my later years, do I regret not having taken it further and become fully conversant. Now I live with a Welsh speaking community, and I am trying to at least be able to speak even simple phrases with the neighbors. It is a difficult language to learn, I have a Dutch neighbor who speaks 7 languages (she really is gifted) but admitted defeat in trying to learn Welsh. She told me the language doesn't seem to make sense, doesn't seem to follow any rules. Even though I listen to her, I will still make some effort to learn it, and making me feel good.

Estynnaf fy llongyfarchiadau a'm dymuniadau gorau i chi

Ron

Thank you very much, it's so nice. :) I always read all your writing too... and I love them. It is never too late to learn, even if it is only a few words to be understood. I encourage you to learn Welsh with your neighbors, and maybe you can learn it online. I learn English online. It's great to be able to communicate in another language. Understand another language is good even if you do not speak. The important thing is to understand a little. Me, I started to learn writing and now I learn to speak, but it is difficult. Chokko
Chokko wrote: Thank you very much, it's so nice. :) I always read all your writing too... and I love them. It is never too late to learn, even if it is only a few words to be understood. I encourage you to learn Welsh with your neighbors, and maybe you can learn it online. I learn English online. It's great to be able to communicate in another language. Understand another language is good even if you do not speak. The important thing is to understand a little. Me, I started to learn writing and now I learn to speak, but it is difficult. Chokko

Thank you Chokko as always for your kind words.

Ron
mi.lwcus wrote:
Chokko wrote: Thank you very much, it's so nice. :) I always read all your writing too... and I love them. It is never too late to learn, even if it is only a few words to be understood. I encourage you to learn Welsh with your neighbors, and maybe you can learn it online. I learn English online. It's great to be able to communicate in another language. Understand another language is good even if you do not speak. The important thing is to understand a little. Me, I started to learn writing and now I learn to speak, but it is difficult. Chokko

Thank you Chokko as always for your kind words.

Ron

Thanks! You are welcome... Never stop to learn... :)
Chokko wrote: Learning a language is an adventure with no end.  I learn English.  Is there anybody who loves to learn a language?  Learning a language is like falling in love, so I fell in love with English language when I was a kid.  My dream came true 2 years ago, and now I am passionate of English language.  However, you must be patient with me, I do not know all the words.   :)

I came here in the U.S.A. age 12.I could only speak French at the time.English is the hardess language to learn.Went to school  fought with French teacher constanly .I could not even understand her.Of course they teach parisian French in the schools.Like here there is different patois of the language in different regions.Same here South speak different than New York.Haitian speak different French than all the other country.Same words but used different ways.Like here you don't say 5 cents one cent twenty five cent but a penny,nickel quarter.A buck.I had a hard time learning.The best way to learn is to live in the place you are going to live.You will learne faster and learne the short cuts in the language.used everyday