Learning a language is an adventure with no end.  I learn English.  Is there anybody who loves to learn a language?  Learning a language is like falling in love, so I fell in love with English language when I was a kid.  My dream came true 2 years ago, and now I am passionate of English language.  However, you must be patient with me, I do not know all the words.   :)
Learning a new language is wonderful.  It is great to be able to communicate with people from all around the world.  I found great friends in this adventure.  It is not always easy to learn a new language, it takes a lot of patience, but the bird makes is nest gradually.  I love to write, you are welcome to write to me, say hello, or even just send me a smile.  A "smile" or "hello" are alsways nice and   8)  to receive...  
:wink:  Three mice were being chased by a cat.  The mice were cornered when one of the mice turned around and baked "Ruff!  Ruff! Ruff!".  The surprised cat ran away scared.  Later when the mice told their mother what happened, she smiled and said "You see, it pays to be bilingual".  
Chokko wrote: :wink:  Three mice were being chased by a cat.  The mice were cornered when one of the mice turned around and barked "Ruff!  Ruff! Ruff!".  The surprised cat ran away scared.  Later when the mice told their mother what happened, she smiled and said "You see, it pays to be bilingual".  

Cute! :lol:
Thank you Starkitkat for the correction.   It is "barked" and not "baked".  There is a big difference!!!   :lol:
Chokko wrote: Learning a new language is wonderful.  It is great to be able to communicate with people from all around the world.  I found great friends in this adventure.  It is not always easy to learn a new language, it takes a lot of patience, but the bird makes is nest gradually.  I love to write, you are welcome to write to me, say hello, or even just send me a smile.  A "smile" or "hello" are alsways nice and   8)  to receive...  

Hiya Chokko - I agree, learning a new language is brilliant. I started learning Italian a couple of years ago at the school where I work part-time and the class was a mixture of pupils, parents and staff which made it even more interesting! I took my GCSE exam last year and got an A* much to my surprise, but I am having difficult finding somewhere to study at a higher level, say GCE A level. I will either carry on with some Italian conversation groups or maybe I'll have a go at Spanish!
Good luck with your studies
VictoriaPlum
Hi VictoriaPlum.  :) Thank you!!!  Hope you find nice people to help you with Italian. It is great way to make good friends.  
~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~

Learning a new language is fun and a lot of work. Our American "English" can be quite challenging; especially with all the "American slang"!

I love learning! Yet, I have found it is one thing to speak in another language and another to write. However; I, personally, really started feeling successful when I began understanding many of the different idioms. It was then that I knew the “comprehension part” was sinking in to the point where I began to “think” in that language. Now that’s exciting!

If you talk to a man in a language he understands,
that goes to his head.
If you talk to him in his language,
that goes to his heart.

- Nelson Mandela

However Chokko, I have already noticed that you have improved during the short time that I have "known" you, here on this site. Keep up the good work! :D

The language of Friendship is not words, but meanings.
It is an intelligence above language.

- Henry David Thoreau

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~
Thank you so much Verazati!!!   :) There are a lot of slangs and idioms... and so more many things... to learn.  Began to "think" in another language takes time but it is a great feeling, and it is also a strange feeling at the same time.   It was very difficult for me at the beginning ( summer 2011)  -  many, many misunderstandings with other people, many, many mistakes...(and I still make many mistakes...)  I found this site last March (2013), I am really proud to be able to be here, and to be able to go into the chat room to have a little chat with people, I think they are very patient with me...   :D
I agree with Chokko that learning a language is a kind of a new adventure and love. If you don't feel it gives you a lot of pleasure you won't learn it at all. I believed in what I'm saying when I worked as a teacher and thought my students will belove that language in the way as I do, but I was mistaken.
Now I'm trying to renew my love after some years of being empathic.
Thank you Marguerite!  Right, it is a new and lovely adventure.  To learn a language is an exciting adventure.  How wonderful it is when we are able to communicate with others.    :)  
Here are some of the points that are the most important: Spend enough time and don't give up. This is the most basic requirement. If you don't expose yourself to English frequently, you won't improve. Practice natural and correct English. Practice makes permanent, so be sure to learn and practice English  which is natural and correct. Don't forget what you've learned. When you don't review or practice what you've learned, it disappears. You have to review! Practice a full range of skills. You can't spend all of your time just doing one thing. You have to get practice with listening, speaking, reading and writing. You have to thank people, apologize, ask for information, and have debates. You have to talk about music, science, food, literature, etc. Choose the right time to learn new English. There is a correct order for learning new English phrases and skills. You shouldn't spend a lot of time practicing things that are way too hard or way too easy.    These points are good for any languages learning.   :)  
HiChokko:
I admire you Chokko. You are an inspiration. You are a positive, upbeat person. Your messages are always friendly, loving and forward looking. You have a natural curiosity of the world and aren't afraid to ask questions. You put yourself out there. Bravo! You are a true participant, I like that about you. :D