Do you believe in life after death.
I myself do not believe in life after death because there is no proof at all that there is an after life.I believe in science, everything has a logical explanation even if we do not know what the explanation is there are no such thing as miracles.
To paraphrase the Bard, 'There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy'

Many beliefs rely on pure faith. I've never seen God, there's no scientific proof relating to the creation, but many millions believe in His existence.

I for one look forward to being reunited with all those that I have lost here on this plain of our existence.
Sara2101 wrote: To paraphrase the Bard, 'There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy'

Many beliefs rely on pure faith. I've never seen God, there's no scientific proof relating to the creation, but many millions believe in His existence.

I for one look forward to being reunited with all those that I have lost here on this plain of our existence.


Totally true, Sara. There is an enormous canon of documentary evidence implying the existence of life after death, moreso the near death experience, such as the witness reports by Vietnam veterans, the massive calibre of hauntings by ghosts, and scientific experimentation.

One cannot disagree with Shakespeare's Hamlet, when he said;

Thou know'st 'tis common; all that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity.

and

I do not to set my life at a pin's fee; and, for my soul, what can it do to that, being a thing immortal as itself?
Ian Stevenson was a professor here at McGill university and his research makes it very hard to deny the likelihood that we can come back. His books are excellent reads with intriguing personal stories of reincarnation.
Minkkk wrote: Ian Stevenson was a professor here at McGill university and his research makes it very hard to deny the likelihood that we can come back. His books are excellent reads with intriguing personal stories of reincarnation.


There are also accounts of previous lives spoken of while regressed through hypnotism, such as technical details of the Hindenburg which researchers later found to be true. Irrefutable, really.
Sara2101 wrote: To paraphrase the Bard, 'There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy'

Many beliefs rely on pure faith. I've never seen God, there's no scientific proof relating to the creation, but many millions believe in His existence.

I for one look forward to being reunited with all those that I have lost here on this plain of our existence.


I"m with you too, Sara. Although we're called to salvation by faith, we are told to love the Father with all our heart, all our soul, all our strength, and all our MIND. It takes the mind to study, to discern the word we were given, IMO. The OT is a pure foreshadowing of the NT. Of course this is just in Christianity - I mean no offense at all toward other faiths - this is where the commandment to love our neighbors as ourselves comes in.

Peace to all.
The afterlife and ghosts do exist. i know because I've seen a ghost. I woke in the early hours to find the ghost of Gloria Gaynor at my bedside. At first I was afraid. Then I was petrified.
cerberus97 wrote: The afterlife and ghosts do exist. i know because I've seen a ghost. I woke in the early hours to find the ghost of Gloria Gaynor at my bedside. At first I was afraid. Then I was petrified.



LOL cerberus! You do have quite a good sense of humor. Thanks for the early morning laugh. :)
CarrieB---------------life after death ?This is life before death,, but have to express it,, sorry.... How would one explain my dream along with my mothers dream which we both told to my grandmother, and her mother at different times ? The intricate details were precise on both accounts. it was obviously an earlier time than now focusing on the details,, don't know. Mom and grandmother passed away so I shall never know I guess. BTW,, love all your posts........
blackwidow wrote: CarrieB---------------life after death ?This is life before death,, but have to express it,, sorry.... How would one explain my dream along with my mothers dream which we both told to my grandmother, and her mother at different times ? The intricate details were precise on both accounts. it was obviously an earlier time than now focusing on the details,, don't know. Mom and grandmother passed away so I shall never know I guess. BTW,, love all your posts........


Precious friends lost in death's dateless night - visit us in our dreams, bw :)
blackwidow wrote: CarrieB---------------life after death ?This is life before death,, but have to express it,, sorry.... How would one explain my dream along with my mothers dream which we both told to my grandmother, and her mother at different times ? The intricate details were precise on both accounts. it was obviously an earlier time than now focusing on the details,, don't know. Mom and grandmother passed away so I shall never know I guess. BTW,, love all your posts........


Hi BW -

I lost my father twenty years ago, very unexpectedly, during heart surgery. He was only 59. Was a huge shock on us all, and we had a lot of difficulty accepting the loss of him.

Two months after he died, he came to me in a dream, told me he wanted me to tell my mother something. Now what he told me made no sense to me whatsoever, so several times during the dream I asked him what the message meant, that I could't understand it. He at last told me that I would not understand it but that my mother would, and that I was to give her the message even though I had no idea what it meant.

The following morning I went to my mother's home, and as we sat with our coffee I told her that Dad had come to me in a dream, and then I told her word for word the message he had for her. When I'd finished, she sat her coffee down, and began to cry. She cried hard for several moments, then became able to compose herself. When she could speak, she looked at me and told me that the message he'd asked me to pass on to her was about an incident I could never have known about, was something that had happened when I was just eight months old, and was something the two of them had held in confidence together all their lives. She explained what the message meant, and it was such a message of comfort and peace that I, too, began to cry. For some reason, I'd been chosen to pass that message on to my still deeply grieving mother, and realizing that it had brought her comfort, hope, and peace brought a lot of comfort to me, too.

As per my own faith and views, I believe that once we've passed we're beyond being able to experience grief, worry, or sadness, so I don't believe it was my dad's spirit speaking to me in my dream. What I do believe is that the God I believe in manifested into my dream my father and his words, his message, in order to comfort my mother. And myself. Per my own faith, He is merciful in that regard, many times more than I realize.

Peace to all...
HoosierGirl wrote: For some reason, I'd been chosen to pass that message on to my still deeply grieving mother, and realizing that it had brought her comfort, hope, and peace brought a lot of comfort to me, too.

This is so unfair, hoosier.. what was the message?
cerberus97 wrote:
HoosierGirl wrote: For some reason, I'd been chosen to pass that message on to my still deeply grieving mother, and realizing that it had brought her comfort, hope, and peace brought a lot of comfort to me, too.

This is so unfair, hoosier.. what was the message?



Hi Cerberus -

I'm afraid the message is too private to share, and too personal between my parents, but I will say this: it was about an incident that took place upon them in their very young, still-new marriage, one that my mother said cemented not only their love for one another, but their abiding friendship. They were married thirty-four years, and I can say with all honesty that never once in my growing-up years did I ever hear an argument nor even a harsh word between them.

I was one lucky kid. :)
HoosierGirl wrote: Hi Cerberus -

I'm afraid the message is too private to share, and too personal between my parents, but I will say this: it was about an incident that took place upon them in their very young, still-new marriage, one that my mother said cemented not only their love for one another, but their abiding friendship. They were married thirty-four years, and I can say with all honesty that never once in my growing-up years did I ever hear an argument nor even a harsh word between them.

I was one lucky kid. :)

Not my day, is it? i too had a message from the other side, from my deceased mother, rest her sould, for my father (whoever he is), but my spirit guide, Dances with Possums, changed his mind and told me it was too personal!
cerberus97 wrote:
HoosierGirl wrote: Hi Cerberus -

I'm afraid the message is too private to share, and too personal between my parents, but I will say this: it was about an incident that took place upon them in their very young, still-new marriage, one that my mother said cemented not only their love for one another, but their abiding friendship. They were married thirty-four years, and I can say with all honesty that never once in my growing-up years did I ever hear an argument nor even a harsh word between them.

I was one lucky kid. :)

Not my day, is it? i too had a message from the other side, from my deceased mother, rest her sould, for my father (whoever he is), but my spirit guide, Dances with Possums, changed his mind and told me it was too personal!


Dances With Possums, huh? Costner seems a bit long in the possum tooth to be coming out with such a sequel. :) (Did love that film though. Very well done. And Costner wasn't so hard on the eyes, either.)