Graham1 wrote: people need people

Yes we do Graham and do you know why????
Guest wrote: I think we should all read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 in the Bible and take that to heart...

Hope your in the Ottawa area?

."Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

That, my friends, is true LOVE!
To me love is putting someone else's happiness first and in return you will receive greater happiness and love watching how your selflessness has made your loved one so very happy. It really warms your heart seeing someone's happiness.
richard_dev2000 wrote: After 58 years of a very Happy Marriage to a Queen of All QUEENS. I now sit here at home, alone at the very young age of 84, humming a song I once loved when I was a little boy.....it makes me feel so happy
:(
Gone are days when my Heart was Young and Gay
Gone are my Friends from the Hills so far away
Gone from this Earth to a better Land I know
I hear thier Gentle Voices calling, 'Poor Old Joe.....;

I'm Comming....I'm Comming.....
My Head is bending low
I hear thier Gentle Voices calling, 'Poor Old Joe....' :D

The WILL to keep living is so strong, where'as Love just fades away....Richard

I miss my husband every single day, but would still love to find love again. I understand what you mean, Richard , that Love fades away --that is, the love that was always our steady rock, our beating heart. OUR love for that person seems always to be mixed with longing and sadness. I think that, wherever our beautiful ones are, they must know how much we still love them and always will. We will be together again.
Graham1 wrote: My perception of love is that it is something that cannot be explained. Its irrational and has nothing to do with liking or fancying someone. When you truly love someone, you put their feelings above your own at all times so I suppose I see unselfishness as the most important aspect.

I agree Graham 1.That is exactly what I told a young man when he asked, "How do you know when you are in love"
when i first read the title of this subject it reminded me of the two vultures sat in a tree. one said to the other . to hell with been patient i want to kill something. to me patients in love is at our age anyway is an overrated word . be careful though. you dont want to be on a vultures menu.