I think we should all read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 in the Bible and take that to heart...

."Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

That, my friends, is true LOVE!
HIYA,HUMOUR! :) Thats true what you posted. To me, the best type of love is friendship :)
:D No truer words have ever been spoken ... praying for all to understand the real meaning of those words.
and I have heard that Love is just a four letter word..... :wink:
My perception of love is that it is something that cannot be explained. Its irrational and has nothing to do with liking or fancying someone. When you truly love someone, you put their feelings above your own at all times so I suppose I see unselfishness as the most important aspect.
Not always the person you can live with but is the person you cant live without
people need people
Love can also be very Cruel....you only find that out when ONE'S Partner decides to leave this Earth for better Pastures known, you are left with only the Crystlelized Memmories of that LOVE in your heart forever and ever....Never to be replaced....Yes My Friends, Love is so cruel.. Richard_dev2000[/center]
I feel for all the people here that have lost loved ones.

I can relate, as my beloved husband passed away nive years ago, after a long battle with colon cancer that had spread to the brain and lungs.

If I had known before I married my husband, that he would one day have diabetes and cancer, and would pass away at the age of 46, I would have married him, anyways. I thank God for blessing me with the years we did share together, and for having found true love.

Dear friends...it is possible to love like that, again. It is never too late. The best years are yet to come for many of you. Believe in it and have faith.

I love this site, as there are many wonderful people who have become my chat friends...both male and female. We all have had hardships in life...but live life to the fullest...take joy in each day. Take a walk and enjoy a sunrise or a sunset...listen to the birds...notice the many wonders and beauty all around, dear friends....
Hi Humour1955,
Thanks for remind me of 1Cor. 13:4 - 7 these verses are so beautiful yes, i take that to heart and keep it God bless ,
~milady~
After 58 years of a very Happy Marriage to a Queen of All QUEENS. I now sit here at home, alone at the very young age of 84, humming a song I once loved when I was a little boy.....it makes me feel so happy
:(
Gone are days when my Heart was Young and Gay
Gone are my Friends from the Hills so far away
Gone from this Earth to a better Land I know
I hear thier Gentle Voices calling, 'Poor Old Joe.....;

I'm Comming....I'm Comming.....
My Head is bending low
I hear thier Gentle Voices calling, 'Poor Old Joe....' :D

The WILL to keep living is so strong, where'as Love just fades away....Richard
The Five Loves of My Life

There are many kinds of love

The love of a special person
The love of your children
The love of you friends
The love of life
The love of Nature

But of all these thing being able to say I love you to that special person in any given time or place.
richard_dev2000 wrote: After 58 years of a very Happy Marriage to a Queen of All QUEENS. I now sit here at home, alone at the very young age of 84, humming a song I once loved when I was a little boy.....it makes me feel so happy

My Head is bending low

brought a tear to my eye
Yes graham truth be told ...we are not able to comprehend love fully on the level we are at...we do the best we can but the whole kit and kaboodle will come later as we ascend up higher... but I like when you say caring about the other more than yourself
bunch123 wrote:
richard_dev2000 wrote: After 58 years of a very Happy Marriage to a Queen of All QUEENS. I now sit here at home, alone at the very young age of 84, humming a song I once loved when I was a little boy.....it makes me feel so happy

My Head is bending low

brought a tear to my eye

No Richard...love never fades.