What is your ultimate goal here Kent?  You spend a lot of "time" writing.  For what??? To try to turn us against our cyber home?  No going to happen!! Save your breath......for goodness sakes, find something more suitable for you....and stop whining and crying like a big baby it is getting on my nerves. 

LOL jessy, Well as most people do, complain until they get what they want. But reading all of his posting, I am not sure what he want any site to do for him, perhaps to win an award? The one thing that I notice is, when you click on any site, they join for "free" just like this one, my guess would be, they think that the whole thing is free, to join is one thing, but to be part of is another. :P
DaddyFish wrote:
stardaisy wrote: Another way of doing it, if you saved some on your computer, we had this discussion else where in this site. We need another domain to do this with, like Photobucket but you need to be a member of that site, OR you could use Tinypic.com and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS and use the code from "message board" copy by using control key and C keys and move your mouse to the board that you are working on and paste it in there. :mrgreen:

Actually, you don't need Photobucket or other "free" hosting services. You can just upload the pic(s) from your computer to your profile page,,,,in your gallery. Then just copy the image location from there (right-click>Copy Image Location).

So if you don't want to subscribe to these other free hosting services, just use 50plus!

And you can do this even if you're not a premium member :)

Tks for the tip, I tryed that once, not sure why it didn't work? Perhaps the type of browers? who knows. I will try it again sometime and see if it works!
DaddyFish wrote: One of the many reasons I love 50plus is that we can all express our views and opinions like mature adults (Really??) ...

...Just ask Jessy, <snarl> :lol:

I don’t ask Jessie anything as her thin skin has led her to block me from viewing her profile.

Profiles are useful when determining outlooks on various issues; she being a liberal Canadian and I being a conservative person of this country. The divide these days is chiasmic as those of her ilk want to shut people up she disagrees with whereas I’m openly willing to take on anybody whose views are wrong-headed; for example her mis-interpretation of conduct in the Chat room or more probably ill-will born out of her demand for total agreement with her positions.
I think that everyone is looking for friendship and I have found that on this site....KenAllard if you read the agreement and chose to be a basic member ....well that is great....if you choose to be a premium member that is also your choice and great......to berate sites about there operating systems as far as monies paid is sort of pointless ....being that you should have read the guidelines and agreement contracts and chose what works for you....what I am looking forward to and have found on 50plus is a site that as a widow fits me nicely.....I can chat....I cannot...I can read and post in the forums if I choose to.....so for me I find great joy in my new friends...I am not looking for a date just a place to chat and share with as little negativity as possibe...it doesn't matter what country we are from...treat a person as you want to be treated.....sorry for the long post........: life can be a bummer sooooooooooooooo laugh, enjoy life and put a smile on your face..... :D
KentAllard wrote:
DaddyFish wrote: One of the many reasons I love 50plus is that we can all express our views and opinions like mature adults (Really??) ...

...Just ask Jessy, <snarl> :lol:

I don’t ask Jessie anything as her thin skin has led her to block me from viewing her profile.

Profiles are useful when determining outlooks on various issues; she being a liberal Canadian and I being a conservative person of this country. The divide these days is chiasmic as those of her ilk want to shut people up she disagrees with whereas I’m openly willing to take on anybody whose views are wrong-headed; for example her mis-interpretation of conduct in the Chat room or more probably ill-will born out of her demand for total agreement with her positions.

I did not put that "(Really??)" remark in my post. YOU edited that post in your reply, not me. If you're going to accuse me of putting words in your mouth then don't edit my post in your reply. That was your word, not mine. So who is putting words in my mouth now...?

I enjoy and appreciate people who, if they can dish it out, also take it. But at least keep it honest and play fair.

And yes, "Really" :lol:
I thought putting (Really) in parenthesis would be understood as something added by me. To be true to the rules governing such things it could be stated (Really-emphasis added). You really are nit-picking, aren't you DaddyFish. That wouldn't have anything to do with my general criticisms of this and other websites that are, in my opinion, gouging their customers.

So I have to go over this yet another time. 56plus-Club and others like it could amortize increased access among their paying members sufficiently to attract new business and still be profitable. I did discover, in my research today, that one such website is compensating members and non-members for bringing in new members. I just wonder how much conflict of interest might be going on here that wishes to diss what I consider constructive criticism.

I did find today another website where people can come together that allows much more interaction between those accessing the website, including much greater messaging capability beyond 5 per day for "Basic" members. The name is "badoo.com". Yes they do require increased charges for various things, but the ability to contact other members through their online photos exceeds greatly what is offered here. Further their ability to sort potential interests in other women is much better, and brings in a much larger number of those I would want to contact. Still, however, there is no ability I've found so far to exclude divorcees. As I said previously, however, I can tell just by looking at their photos whether they are divorced or not with a high degree of accuracy (80%).

For those that think I spend a lot of time in this type of searching and online responses, nothing comes to anyone by accident except by applying some effort to reach your objectives. I find the feedback, positive and negative, to be helpful. The thought processes that it brings about leads to a greater understanding of how to proceed in directions beneficial to me..
Just like this one Kent, this site does offer stuff for just members (free chat) which is a good way to come together. Other sites like the one you mention, don't offer free e mailing like this one does, yup member can e mail to prem member. So yes, you Kent can send an e mail to anyone who has a prem membership. Limited posting, as a lot of sites don't allow you to post unless you pay. Viewing profiles again, other sites only allow you to view profiles unless you are a paid member. You can't block some unwanted viewers and this site allow you to do that. This site has many forum for you to post where as other sites don't. I could go on and on.

I have over the years have tried many sites and they don't offer as much as this site does. It sound like you are trying a con game so that this site can give you free stuff without you paying for it? Not only that, a lot of sites are not cheap either, this site is very reasonable.

If you think other sites are beneficial to you, then do so in a quiet manner without putting this one down.
"...Other sites like the one you mention, don't offer free e mailing like this one does..."

Not true. I just came from there and left a bunch of messages. I must wait an hour before I can send more. Messages are the most important feature. If you can't communicate there's no point in spending the time looking.

May I ask, is it that you are not fully aware of badoo.com, or is it that here your interests conflict with an honest assessment of other websites (i. e., You've received payback for your support at 50plus.).

You see the way it works in a competitive environment is that if you find a better deal elsewhere, eventually others will have to match it or lose market share.

Not only does badoo offer much greater messaging capabilities, it also offers features like contacting those who have viewed your profile. The fact that your able to message allows you to opt out of badoo completely by sharing private email addresses, which are set up specifically for friendship/relationship purposes. The warnings about doing this are highly overstated if these are disposable accounts if something should occur. Or course the warnings are mostly to keep you from opting out of the website.

By the way, as I was about to send off this message a 50plus popup advised me to become Premium so I could view the profiles of unknowns that had expressed an interest in me. That is NOT required on badoo. I just checked to make sure I was telling you the truth. The unknowns are identified on badoo.
I am confused KentAllard on what you are looking for....I suppose a woman or maybe just controversy....it is possible that you are one of the caped crusaders :lol: :lol: ....so if you are not finding her here and you are not happy here....... I would suggest that you look for her on these other sites...so that you can be happy....you are like a dog after a bone...chewing until there is nothing left on a subject...let it rest....pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
Well-said, zoe. I'm done with this thread also. .

I hope he finds what he's looking for, but I doubt it. At least not here.

:mrgreen:
KentAllard wrote: "...Other sites like the one you mention, don't offer free e mailing like this one does..."

Not true. I just came from there and left a bunch of messages. I must wait an hour before I can send more. Messages are the most important feature. If you can't communicate there's no point in spending the time looking.

May I ask, is it that you are not fully aware of badoo.com, or is it that here your interests conflict with an honest assessment of other websites (i. e., You've received payback for your support at 50plus.).

You see the way it works in a competitive environment is that if you find a better deal elsewhere, eventually others will have to match it or lose market share.

Not only does badoo offer much greater messaging capabilities, it also offers features like contacting those who have viewed your profile. The fact that your able to message allows you to opt out of badoo completely by sharing private email addresses, which are set up specifically for friendship/relationship purposes. The warnings about doing this are highly overstated if these are disposable accounts if something should occur. Or course the warnings are mostly to keep you from opting out of the website.

By the way, as I was about to send off this message a 50plus popup advised me to become Premium so I could view the profiles of unknowns that had expressed an interest in me. That is NOT required on badoo. I just checked to make sure I was telling you the truth. The unknowns are identified on badoo.

If that annoying, why don't you either leave the site, or ask the site to put a stop to it without paying for it. Also, some of these dating sites have spyware, so beware of that, perhaps you did pick up some spyware.
Happy Hunting!
"If that annoying, why don't you either leave the site, or ask the site to put a stop to it without paying for it. Also, some of these dating sites have spyware, so beware of that, perhaps you did pick up some spyware. ..."

Your response, "stardaisy" was that of one "captured". The "if you don't like it leave (paraphrased)" is not the kind of openness anyone would prefer when doing an evaluation of anything. It is an attempt to suppress, which I've noticed a number of other "loyal" 50plus members have shown as their signature response to views that do not align with their own. I do not use "ignore" options, but if I did you would be a candidate for using it, as would any of the foregoing as described above. But as you are the one that is having such a problem with my delving into comparisons with competitors, why don't you just put me on ignore. That way you can retain a happy composure free of the realities of choices.

This, by the way, is the end of any further discussion with you because you lack the open mindedness I prefer when relating to others. That could change, but only if you do.
zoejo12 wrote: ......to berate sites about there operating systems as far as monies paid is sort of pointless ....being that you should have read the guidelines and agreement contracts and chose what works for you....what I am looking forward to and have found on 50plus is a site that as a widow fits me nicely.....I can chat....I cannot...I can read and post in the forums if I choose to.....so for me I find great joy in my new friends...I am not looking for a date just a place to chat and share with as little negativity as possibe...it doesn't matter what country we are from...treat a person as you want to be treated.....sorry for the long post....... :D

On your first point: When you buy a new computer program, do you read all the technical manuals before using it? Most people don't. They jump in and follow where it leads them, perhaps with minor digressions into manuals. That tends to be more efficient than attempting to read all the legal and technical instructions.

On your second point (what works for you): There are only about 9 people on this thread. None of you are representative of the large number of others who visit here. Some of us get along just fine beyond this Topic. Of course I've attracted those to this Topic that disagree with me. That's fine. I just disagree with the "it's our way or the highway" attitude of those I've brought into this discussion. Sometimes it's worthwhile to flush these people out so we know who to avoid. Theirs is NOT the pathway to enlightenment. I don't intend to take ANY of your advice. The person I'm looking for will eventually be found, but in all human interaction it is a game of chance. We increase the success of finding what we are looking for by enlarging the sample and discarding what lies outside a certain boundary.
Kent

So just what ARE you seeking in a dating site? One that is completely free? You've posted a lot about how they are all scams or how they are better than 50plus..taking... your money, etc...So, WHAT do want?

If you're looking for the "perfect" dating site that fits like a new suit....
..well, maybe you should start your own dating site and pay for the servers, bandwidth, software and equipment?

There are Open Source scripts that will do that but you are going to need some knowledge on setup But if you're comfy with servers and Java (and PHP) then go for it. Or buy a turnkey solution.You'll be the head boss and everything is under your control. Don't forget the cost of advertising - both via internet and real life. Don't forget business cards and a professional website.

This is what 50plus spends their money on. Without members signing up to be premium members, this site would have to fold up.

50plus is not perfect. We're far from it. But, with few exceptions,we're a happy community that bands together when needed. Need help with HTML? Or with your cat/dog? And so on, The diversity of people here make it a great real-time way for you to get help. Maybe instead of comparing us to the myriad of other sites on the web and pointing out how it "used to be" you should offer up a bit of your time to help out here and make 50plus a better site.

:mrgreen:

Just sayin' :wink: